Newbie questions

johnandlinda

We board the Quest Sunday and cannot wait!

What kind of muster drill do they do?

Is the Meet and Mingle usually the first night? How are you notified?

Read somewhere that there is usually a seafood theme at Windows the first night? Do they post the theme nights for Windows ahead of time or is it a day to day thing?

We have the AZ evening on board at St Barts...will that likely also be the white night? I believe we have another late departure from Guadelupe.

Thanks in advance!

Oh you must be so excited. I have a month to wait to sail!

Yes muster drill is usually at 4:00PM. If you miss it there will be a make up on the next day, but I hear the essay questions are much tougher ;-).

There will be an invite in your room about the meet and mingle, also posted in the Daily Pursuits for everyone to attend. On my cruises it has been at 6:00 PM in the Looking Glass Bar.

In your room there is usually a sheet that gives the special events. It is easy to overlook in all the crush of papers, but it will list the special buffets, White night part date, and the titles and dates (but not times) of the enrichment lectures etc.

Have a wonderful time!

Held on embarkation day before leaving port. At the signal, everyone reports to assigned muster station (either Cabaret lounge or Discoveries dining room on deck 5) to receive instructions. Life jackets are left in your closet. Entire drill takes place seated in the muster station.

The muster drill is taken very seriously by crew and passengers. People are checked in by cabin number and if someone is unaccounted for, their cabin number is called. Everyone is expected to attend, whether you have sailed before or not. People on back-to-back sailings must attend both drills.

Azamara used to have people wear life jackets and go to their lifeboat stations. That's no longer done.

Hi Johnandlinda,

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Cruise. I had so hoped to sail with Azamara this season, but was unable to make it happen. Sadly, I do not believe that Azamara has another Round trip Miami sailing until December 2015 (unless something changes - which is unlikely), so we'll probably have a bit of a wait ahead of us, for our next Azamara sailing.

Please share your insights with us, after your cruise. Bon Voyage !

Read somewhere that there is usually a seafood theme at Windows the first night? Do they post the theme nights for Windows ahead of time or is it a day to day thing?

We have the AZ evening on board at St Barts...will that likely also be the white night? I believe we have another late departure from Guadelupe.

Thanks in advance!

I hope you fall in love with the wonderful Azamara shipboard experience as much aw we did. All the questions you've asked will be answered in your daily newsletter so have no worries. Just read carefully so as not to miss a thing!

I don't know if you plan on going swimming in St. Barts but if you do, bring water shoes as the shoreline is full of crushed shells. As to the theme nights in the buffet--fantastic! We rarely eat in the buffet on any cruise we go on, preferring the MDR experience, but on the Quest we were drawn to that wonderful buffet like bees to honey. Try the Turkish night. You won't be disappointed.

I don't know if you plan on going swimming in St. Barts but if you do, bring water shoes as the shoreline is full of crushed shells.

:confused: Are you referring perhaps to Shell Beach near Gustavia?

We neither brought nor needed water shoes for our wonderful swims at the beaches we went to (Gouverneur's Beach and Flammand's Beach) there in January!

:confused: Are you referring perhaps to Shell Beach near Gustavia?

We neither brought nor needed water shoes for our wonderful swims at the beaches we went to (Gouverneur's Beach and Flammand's Beach) there in January!

You're absolutely right about that in that it depends on the beach. We swam at both St. Jean's beach by the airport and the famous Eden Rock Hotel and Shell Beach, and on reflection, the one we needed shoes at was the one closest to the port, Shell Beach. St. Jean's had lovely sand. Good point about that (but I would still bring water shoes just in case). Wasn't St. Barts beautiful? There's a December 2015 voyage that includes an overnight in Gustavia and I am so interested!

Edited by dln929

On a previous cruise we visited St Barts, Dominica, and Tortola. We loved St Barts and the one hour taxi tour was perfect. Dominica was a favorite also . The waterfall tour and mineral pool tour were good but lots of driving between the 2 and walking once there. Dominica is beautiful and mountainous. Tortola for us was a disappointment. Did the Baths and was just way too crowded the day we were there....this trip we have no tours scheduled and will likely go into town/port and just explore. Hoping maybe we can find wifi in a couple ports.

Thanks in advance!

Hi John and Linda, If you're not from the UK, you may not have seen the TV series "Death in Paradise" that's filmed in Guadeloupe. Since we've been watching it, we've longed to do a cruise that calls in there. So, please will you report back? Thanks :)

You're absolutely right about that in that it depends on the beach. We swam at both St. Jean's beach by the airport and the famous Eden Rock Hotel and Shell Beach, and on reflection, the one we needed shoes at was the one closest to the port, Shell Beach. St. Jean's had lovely sand. Good point about that (but I would still bring water shoes just in case). Wasn't St. Barts beautiful? There's a December 2015 voyage that includes an overnight in Gustavia and I am so interested!

It would be great to have an overnight in Gustavia. We rented a car for the day and explored a great deal of this beautiful island. We had a fantastic time, and I would be happy to return.

Edited by CintiPam