Carnival "Journeys" Throwback Day, Crew Show, Midnight Buffet, Calypso bands

LMaxwell

All these great things and more are coming back on longer Carnival cruises. I wish they had it for 7 day cruises too, but this is a pretty big deal IMO and brings back a lot of the stuff old timers miss and newbies NEVER know they are missing. Two thumbs up to Carnival.

Is this even Carnival anymore??

Good job Carnival.

It's the "good old days" and what made cruising different than just going to a resort. These are great ideas/gimmicks and people will have a blast. Good job, agreed.

All these great things and more are coming back on longer Carnival cruises. I wish they had it for 7 day cruises too, but this is a pretty big deal IMO and brings back a lot of the stuff old timers miss and newbies NEVER know they are missing. Two thumbs up to Carnival.

These are the great things of the past coming back to Carnival !! Hope all these voyages book better than usual to send a message to the Beards that is what more people want to see in Ports/activities being offered :) !!

Love what Carnival is doing, especially with the longer cruises. Love the idea of the throwback days, but for me a throwback day would include skeet shooting, golf driving off the fantail, male nightgown contests, and pillow fighting on the slippery pole!! :D

Edited by Jamman54

Love what Carnival is doing, especially with the longer cruises. Love the idea of the throwback days, but for me a throwback day would include skeet shooting, golf driving off the fantail, male nightgown contests, and pillow fighting on the slippery pole!! :D

WOW........ completely forgot about skeet shooting. I only did that one time & it was on a Dolphin Cruise Line ship. Of course, first time I ever did it, missed every time :eek: !! Nowadays, would have hit each clay that was pulled :D !!

Carnival is really knocking this one out of the park! I'm so excited that the Vista Repo to Miami is included :). Things just got double real!

I agree, sounds like a great program! I missed seeing the Vista on the booking engine and would like some 3, 4, and 5 day cruises to get this program.

Edited by funcruiser1234

Not sure why it has to be retro on a longer cruise. The longer cruises tend to attract a predominantly 70 80 and 90 year old crowd.

But a retro 7 to 10 day cruise sounds intriguing. All those old inboard experiences just seemed to dry up. So silly yet so fun.

I would live for a beard with an imagination see where a retro cruise would have morphed to had they gone that route. There are actually people will to pay for something more than a generic cruising experience.

I think its great to bring this stuff back, but it is a little confusing, as when carnival got rid of all this stuff they said its because no one wanted it. Now, they are bringing it back and saying people want it. I guess they are saying people did not want this stuff on 7 day cruises, but on longer ones, they want this stuff. Not sure I understand the logic, but its good they are bringing some of the good stuff back.

I think its great to bring this stuff back, but it is a little confusing, as when carnival got rid of all this stuff they said its because no one wanted it. Now, they are bringing it back and saying people want it. I guess they are saying people did not want this stuff on 7 day cruises, but on longer ones, they want this stuff. Not sure I understand the logic, but its good they are bringing some of the good stuff back.

What happens is the events disappear, new cruisers come in to the fold, have no idea about what they are NOT getting (never saw it) and on surveys and such don't ask for it. Mgmt translates that to "no demand". Just my feeling. If you've seen how packed some of those pool games are, or how much fun/recognition goes with crew talent shows I wouldn't believe anyone saying straight faced that people didn't want it.

Not sure why it has to be retro on a longer cruise. The longer cruises tend to attract a predominantly 70 80 and 90 year old crowd.

But a retro 7 to 10 day cruise sounds intriguing. All those old inboard experiences just seemed to dry up. So silly yet so fun.

I would live for a beard with an imagination see where a retro cruise would have morphed to had they gone that route. There are actually people will to pay for something more than a generic cruising experience.

Some day you will be happy (in all your personas) with something Carnival does. I just know it will happen.;):)

NEW BLOOD.

Maybe that new president knows what true cruisers want and are testing the waters. Why every ship in the fleet has to be a carbon copy of each other escapes me. With 24 ships, you would think they could test the waters. Literally.

CARNIVAL CLASSIC.

There's something I'd like to see, before Virgin Cruises swoops in and simply takes and implements the model that put Carnival on the map.

Glad to see them doing this but wish more of these journey cruises were back to the origin port so would not have to pay for air.

Makes it a lot more expensive.

Need a passport too.

Glad to see them doing this but wish more of these journey cruises were back to the origin port so would not have to pay for air.

Makes it a lot more expensive.

I always fly in, but agree. Arranging an open jaws itinerary from a further away second port is a pain and usually costs more. If I wanted to take a cruise out of San Juan, I could just take a round trip out of San Juan.

But still, a step in the right direction away from those tired 7 day itineraries. Hopefully the concept can be expanded to more times, and expand to offer new or expanded New England, Alaska, Baltic, and Pacific Mexican cruises as well.

I was THRILLED when I realized my already booked Glory cruise on 2/2/16 was included in this! Of course, prices are up this AM as a result, lol! Glad I booked ES prior to this announcement! We were going for the ports but wow, is this icing on the cake!! :D

I was THRILLED when I realized my already booked Glory cruise on 2/2/16 was included in this! Of course, prices are up this AM as a result, lol! Glad I booked ES prior to this announcement! We were going for the ports but wow, is this icing on the cake!! :D

We are the same way about our Halloween cruise on Glory. We did it for the length of cruise (14 days), visiting five new ports (8 total) and the holiday celebration, but now to have these extras. Absolutely thrilled. I asked John Heald when excursions would be posted as there were only 9. He said to look for them in June. We are hoping to try Authentic Eats in one of those exotic ports.

And one other thing, ours is roundtrip, unlike many of the others, which was another selling point. :D