say it ain't so - no fridge in cabin on Triumph?

tango55

We just booked a back to back on the Triumph and I'm reading a few reviews that say there are no mini fridges in the cabin? I've cruised over 15 times and every cabin has had a mini fridge!

Hope it is wrong or old information - and that the cabins have mini fridges. We are in a 6B on the first deck.

Thanks, Terry

same thing on the victory, I found out.

Triumph and Victory are sister ships I believe.

I have grown accustomed to having them on Conquest class ships. I will survive on the Victory, but I also hope that I get a good room steward who will give me an ice bucket with ice in it, on the evening turn down service (if in fact Carnival still gives that service), will see how it goes next month. Either way, I know I will survive without a fridge for 5 days this time.

In the case that someone needs one for medicines/insulin etc; let Carnival know about the need and they will provide.

We just booked a back to back on the Triumph and I'm reading a few reviews that say there are no mini fridges in the cabin? I've cruised over 15 times and every cabin has had a mini fridge!

Hope it is wrong or old information - and that the cabins have mini fridges. We are in a 6B on the first deck.

Thanks, Terry

Bring a cheap collapsible cooler. The mini fridge is only a chiller anyway.

No refrigerator on the Triumph on our B2B. We had an inside cabin. We found the storage in the cabin hardly sufficient for 1. 1 end table with no shelves and hardly any shelving or drawers to organize your things. Wondering if you can request shelve to be put in a closet or a frig etc?

Edited by shadow1234

It wasn't until the Conquest class ships came out that all cabins have a mini fridge. I rarely use it unless I bring hard boiled eggs back from the Lido.

And I really don't like the no nightstands on the Sunshine. I wouldn't sail on her again unless it was free.

Thanks everyone. I guess there's a first time for everything! You'd think that over the years things would get more modern not the other way around! I've been cruising since 1993 on several different cruiselines, including Carnival and every time we've had a mini fridge. Doesn't make sense that any cabin wouldn't have one anymore. I know they don't keep things that cold but we always use them and will miss it!

We will still be cruising - but now will have to bring a couple of coolers to make sure we can keep the things we want cold. I pity our poor room steward who we will be bothering to get us ice!

Terry

It wasn't until the Conquest class ships came out that all cabins have a mini fridge. I rarely use it unless I bring hard boiled eggs back from the Lido.

And I really don't like the no nightstands on the Sunshine. I wouldn't sail on her again unless it was free.

no nightstands on the sunshine? wow - now that's a cutback! jeese.

When i was on the Victory I bought a bucket of beer and just tipped the the steward a little more to keep ice in it. I wrapped a towel around it as well. A collapsable cooler is a great idea, Id like to know the restrictions.

Bring a cheap collapsible cooler. The mini fridge is only a chiller anyway.

Right? I wouldn't cruise without one! I just leave the mini fridge locked because it's worthless unless you want a luke warm beverage, a collapsible cooler can be kept in the shower when your not in there to catch any drips and just ask the room steward to keep it iced for you (I always give them an extra tip to do this extra service for me) then I have icy cold water and drinks!

:D

When i was on the Victory I bought a bucket of beer and just tipped the the steward a little more to keep ice in it. I wrapped a towel around it as well. A collapsable cooler is a great idea, Id like to know the restrictions.

There are none, it folds right up on top of the clothes in your suitcase, I always make sure I have a large plastic cover to keep it in on the way home in case there is any moisture in it.

It isn't a cutback, just the way the ship was designed. I have been on at least one other Carnival ship that didn't have nightstands, but I can't remember which one. Well, on second thought, perhaps it WAS a cutback, but not a recent one, and not one that lasted. My best guess is that the Destiny didn't have nightstands, and then when it was refurbished and rechristened the Sunshine, there wasn't enough room in the slightly smaller staterooms to add them. But that's a guess.

no nightstands, no fridge, very small comedy club means we avoid the ship.

Happy with Spirit, Conquest and Dream class so no reason to sail Sunshine

I was on the Sunshine and maybe a free cruise might let me go back. I hated the main theater and the rear buffet.

There are none, it folds right up on top of the clothes in your suitcase, I always make sure I have a large plastic cover to keep it in on the way home in case there is any moisture in it.

DW carries all her make up in it to and fro (if anything spills its contained) and we use it during the cruise for beverages.