Nachi Cocom vs Mr Sanchos ... GO!

stewpapa

We have done Nachi, Sanchos, Sanchos, Nachi over 4 visits. 3.5 years

Nachi 1 - good food and drink. Service ok. November so beach and pool water cold. Moderate crowd. We had loungers, side table, thatch umbrella. They had some floating islands but after we used them for 20 min, they wanted $50 to keep using them. So went back to beach. Kids stared at Me Sanchos beach toys up the beach.

Sanchos 1 - food good, drinks ok. Service great. Kids loved the beach toys. Had lounge chairs under shade, moderate crowd. Borrowed sea kayaks ($5 deposit), but long wait for availability.

Sanchos 2 - food not very good, drinks strong but not tasty. Service good. Beach toys fun. Crowded. Ended up at end of beach with no shade. Still had great time.

Same story on the kayaks.

Nachi 2 - food good, drink good. Service great. Not crowded at all (probably 20 total people). Had great time. Rented kayaks. Noticed they had stand up surfers, floating trampoline, etc on the beach behind the building, but only said the had kayaks available.

Next time? Back to Nachi. May walk up the beach to Sanchos to do the pay per person water toy area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AustinCruise

I am also interested in this question.

We have been to Nachi Cocom a few times (have never seen a single floating water toy or kayaks...not sure how we would have missed them. We have had them try to sell us snorkel trips) and we love it. The food and drinks are good and they are pretty attentive. But, my husband and I love it mostly because it's quiet and relaxing.

But, this November we are cruising with grandchildren and we are thinking of Mr. Sanchos because it seems more for families with children. I don't like hearing that the food and drink are only OK. :(

We have been to both. I actually find the food better at Mr. Sancho's. We enjoy the quite and relaxation of Nachi but when we have the boys with us (19 yr olds) we prefer Mr Sancho's. The service on the all inclusive side has always been great and as much food as you can eat really keeps the boys happy! Both are great, just depends what you are looking for.

We have been to both and if you are looking for info on them both to try to make a decision on which to pick, I have complete reviews of both, listed in my signature line, that are full of pictures from both places.

I think Nachi is prettier and more spread out. It's kinda secluded compared to Mr Sanchos. However, we didn't care for the beach and stuck to the pool (which is something we normally don't do) because we felt the sand was very hard to walk in and there was an instant drop in the water the day we were there (and we had a little one with us). We felt more comfortable at Sanchos with easy entry into the water and both had good food and service. :)

I've been to Nachi multiple times, Paradise beach several times and Mr. Sanchos once. Here are my thoughts.

Nachi- I love Nachi. Hands down my favorite. It's low key and laid back and I always get great service. Love the food and always get good drinks. Nice chairs and thatch Palapas. It's beautiful and I feel like I'm in a Corona commercial. Beautiful pool and nice hot tub as well. Nachi limits to 100 people per day, though I have seen them squeeze 120 in on a crazy bust day with several ships in town. 120 is still better than 600 at Paradise IMHO.

Paradise- This is a great beach club, and with kids would be my choice. Lots for them to do and it's festive. If you are not a big drinker, this is the way to go as you aren't paying high admission to cover your booze. I've had a great day there and would go there more except for one thing, at Nachi, you are front row on the beach...no lounge chairs in front of you. At Paradise you may have a couple rows of chairs (and umbrellas) between you and the water, and I don't want to look at several rows of people in front of me. Food is good here as well.

Mr. Sanchos- Lots of people love this place and the service is good. Food to me was ehhh, same festive atmosphere as Paradise, same umbrellas as opposed to thatch palapas. Good value and I would go again if Nachi was sold out and Paradise was too crowded. It's still a beach in Cozumel, how bad can it be?

I suggested Paradise Beach for our next cruise, but the rest of them wouldn't hear of it.....back to Nachi....:o

Fine with me:D

The sand on Paradise Beach back in 2006 was horrible. It was full of coral and very sharp. Just FYI!

I read mitsugirly's review of the Nachi Cocom from 2013 and know what the sand and beach are like there. Does anyone have any knowledge if the sand is still hard to walk in and the sand drops off at the beach. Just looking for confirmation that it is still like that now.

Is the sand like that all the way down to Mr Santos Beach too, since they are right next to each other?

It is a coarse sand for sure, but I had no problems with it. There's a narrow area with a fairly quick drop and then a flatter area too. I think the degree to which it's an issue will depend on tides with high tide being more and issue than low tide. For is it was not an issue at all.

Can anyone tell me if the pool at Nachi is heated? We went to Mr. Sanchos last year. Although we had fun the pool was extremely cold. We went in February. I wanted so badly to stay in the pool but it was way too cold. I am hoping perhaps the pool at Nachi is heated.

Just got back from Nachi. I'm sure the pool is not heated but don't see the need for a heated pool in Mexico. Also the sand seems fine to me. No steep drop off that I saw. New bar and restrooms near the palapas is a big plus! It was fabulous as always.

Can anyone tell me if the pool at Nachi is heated? We went to Mr. Sanchos last year. Although we had fun the pool was extremely cold. We went in February. I wanted so badly to stay in the pool but it was way too cold. I am hoping perhaps the pool at Nachi is heated.

No, the pool is not heated. Most complaints about this place that I had always read in the past was that the hot tub wasn't heated either, but my thoughts on that is because the hot tub is basically connected to the pool and the overflow/splash from people being in the pool makes the colder water go into the hot tub.

Thanks for the reply. I know it probably sounds crazy wanting a heated pool in Mexico. I've never had an issue with it before but last year at Mr. Sanchos the pool was freezing. I thought if I kept drinking at the swim up bar I wouldn't notice but I had to get out. It was a bummer!:)

• 2 years later...
We have been to both and if you are looking for info on them both to try to make a decision on which to pick, I have complete reviews of both, listed in my signature line, that are full of pictures from both places.

I think Nachi is prettier and more spread out. It's kinda secluded compared to Mr Sanchos. However, we didn't care for the beach and stuck to the pool (which is something we normally don't do) because we felt the sand was very hard to walk in and there was an instant drop in the water the day we were there (and we had a little one with us). We felt more comfortable at Sanchos with easy entry into the water and both had good food and service. :)

just a little note, tried to look at a couple of your expanded signatures and they were blocked due to malware, not sure why.

No, the pool is not heated. Most complaints about this place that I had always read in the past was that the hot tub wasn't heated either, but my thoughts on that is because the hot tub is basically connected to the pool and the overflow/splash from people being in the pool makes the colder water go into the hot tub.

The hot tub at Nachi was always Too Hot for me beyond a few minutes! :D