Change to Sept 10, 2018 sailing and to previous cruise

laurieb

Looks like, though minor for now, these 2 Journey sailings will not be embarking/disembarking at London Bridge, which I know many including me were really excited about. Changed to Greenwich cruise terminal, which doesn't appear to be too far away. Both cruises have been taken down from the TA site. I hope that's the only change.

Bonnie, can you find out anything more?

Edited by laurieb

Looks like, though minor for now, these 2 Journey sailings will not be embarking/disembarking at London Bridge, which I know many including me were really excited about. Changed to Greenwich cruise terminal, which doesn't appear to be too far away. Both cruises have been taken down from the TA site. I hope that's the only change.

I kind of figured that we would leave from Greenwich. Didn't see a dock that Azamara could use close to the bridge. Greenwich is interesting place.

Azamara is too big for The Pool of London berth since new restrictions came in about a year ago. Greenwich has always been a great option with loads of history close by and links into the middle.

I kind of figured that we would leave from Greenwich. Didn't see a dock that Azamara could use close to the bridge. Greenwich is interesting place.

We're currently by the Tower Bridge on the Silversea Wind. We're moored across the Thames from the Tower Millenium Pier but will be tendering across shortly. Passed under the Tower Bridge around 5am.

We are also on the Azamara Sept. 2018 cruise and were planning to visit Greenwich before the Azamara cruise. This should make it easier.

We disembarked from a Silversea cruise in the same location 5 years ago. Very nice location.

Originally the World Cruise was billed "sail from Sydney Harbour Bridge to London Bridge" and now it is doing neither. The issues and limitations of London Bridge have been known to Azamara for some time I think.

Phil

Booked the 30th August cruise in February 2016 and sad as it may seem specifically for the Tower Bridge experience. When restrictions at that location came in about a year ago we questioned if it would still be docking at Tower Bridge and were assured it would. Now another stealth change, as a booked passenger it would be nice to be kept informed of changes.

Will it be Greenwich or will that change to Tilbury or even Dover? No confidence in Azamara at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did get an email from Azamara about the embarkation change from London Bridge to Greenwich for our June 17, 2018 sailing two weeks ago. It's a little disappointing to us as the experience would have been nice, but still a much better option than Southampton!

Well I have to say congratulations to Azamara our faith is restored.

We started the day annoyed and upset that another of our cruises had been changed and we were not going to get what we had booked.

However after a lot of good work between our travel agent and Azamara we have transferred to Quest's Croatian Treasures voyage in September 2018, an itinerary we lost for this year due to a charter. In addition we have kept our generous Cruise Now benefits from Journey's post refit voyage.[emoji847]

We started the day annoyed and upset that another of our cruises had been changed and we were not going to get what we had booked.

However after a lot of good work between our travel agent and Azamara we have transferred to Quest's Croatian Treasures voyage in September 2018, an itinerary we lost for this year due to a charter. In addition we have kept our generous Cruise Now benefits from Journey's post refit voyage.[emoji847]

Thank you for letting us know Riocca! I'm so glad you found a replacement cruise.

Good stuff!

Phil

Very disappointed in Azamara. Have not heard a word about the change except here. Azamara could at least keep us advised of the change or will they wait until after final payment so we cannot cancel. Leaving from London Bridge was the reason we booked the cruise.

Very disappointed in Azamara. Have not heard a word about the change except here. Azamara could at least keep us advised of the change or will they wait until after final payment so we cannot cancel. Leaving from London Bridge was the reason we booked the cruise.

Well this looks quite close and from other posts here it sounds like a very good spot to embark! I was looking forward to leaving from London bridge too but if this is the only change I'll be happy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums