Now down to 3! Glory,Splendor or Magic

helene109

I'd go with the Magic. The Glory is out, only because it's 7 days, not 8. The Magic is the newer of the two ships, AND I like Port Canaveral better than FLL to sail out of. I will admit, though, I like the ports of the Splendor better than those of the Magic. However, I cruise for the ship, not the ports. Whatever you choose, have a fabulous cruise!!

I haven't been in the Splendor, but have family members that loved the ship, and will be on the Magic in August. All of the ports are my favorite with the exception of La Ramana, and I have done both of the itineraries for the Magic and Splendor several times, so I would choose the Splendor for the ports, then the Magic in a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Magic is awesome, just got off in December. Had a blast, and it had the guys burgers and BBQ--(the BBQ wasn't anything special though). Service on the magic was top notch in my experience. Have done glory and splendor and actually have the glory booked for September, but magic is definitely better in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

e7fb07d54a4bb31b9369d5997d300840.jpgee40cb07a18a6a236ac1ad50cb516bbf.jpgd91d9182b017947dfb1c4274a5fcb679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums I am leaning towards the Glory as I like the ports never been to HMC or Grand Turk, it is smaller than the Magic crowd wise,

Splendor!!! We will be on the same cruise! ;-) I was on the Magic on my last one, great ship, but I liked the Splendor Itinerary on this one! It's a win/win/win, but hopefully I'll see you on the Splendor!

I can't speak about the Glory but I was on the Splendor and the Magic in 2016. We absolutely loved everything on the Magic. The Splendor was meh. I would choose the Magic in a heartbeat over the Splendor. The Magic had ultimate service, was super clean, had better dining and drinking options and the entertainment Fun Squad was high energy and engaging. We found the Splendor stinky at nearly every turn, lacking in attention to detail (no coffee at 7am, Art Gallery paintings always left in the hall near their storage room, average to below average service with just 1 exception in the dining room). I didn't find either layout confusing - they are pretty much all the same in my opinion.

You can't lose with either itineraries, though - both are amazing. Also, I am a big fan of Port Canaveral. Much easier than Miami.

Haven't been on the Splendor - but I've been on both the Magic and the Glory. I liked the Glory but I liked the Magic more. Of course, that may be because on the Glory I had an interior on Lido (great location) and a wrap balcony on the Magic (lol).

I also love sailing out of Pt. Canaveral (2 hour drive & not crazy busy) and hate Miami (4 hour drive & super busy).

You really couldn't go wrong with either.

I would go ahead and eliminate the Glory because it is only 7 days versus 8. Then decide if you care more about the ship or Itinerary. Magic is the better ship IMO. As far as port canaveral vs. FLL, both are easy to me. We just cruised out of FLL the first week of Jan with RCI and had no issues.

We've sailed the Magic 3 times when she was still in Galveston, and we've also sailed the Splendor out of Miami. Out of these 2 ships, I would choose the Magic. It's bigger, feels less crowded to us, and has the upgrades. The Dream class ships are our favorite. We love the Ocean Plaza area. The Splendor has a wonderful staff, we had a great time, and would sail her again before she leaves, but if I had another option for a ship with the upgrades, I'd choose that one. For us, it basically comes down to the food. We do not like Carnival's "standard" food (MDR or Lido) and having the option of having the Blue Iguana, BBQ, salad bar at 5 mid, and Guy's burger means we won't starve for the week. HAHA

Edited by watermelonqueen99

I haven't read all your responses, but we (8 of us) are doing the Glory in March for the first time. I will tell you I really like Turks and Cacios, and I don't know how many sea days the other two ships have, but we only have 2, and most 7 day itineraries have 3, so thus, for me, we want to see MORE ports, not another sea day.