Carnival Magic?

dolphin5057

Does anyone have any Pros/Cons for the Magic?

Hubby and I are going on it January 27,2018 for 7 days !!!!!

I'm on it now. I will say that MDR service is very lacking with the cutbacks it is like going to the circus watching the workers trying their hardest to wait on everyone. Dinner last night was over 2 1/2 hours. Getting back on boat in St. Thomas was very sickening due to the raw sewage smell as you are walking back and boarding. We had to cover our noses with towels. Feel sorry for anyone in a balcony room around that area. And there are faint scents of sewage in many areas. For the good, most of food is excellent and shows are entertaining. And this boat has rocked a lot. More nhen likely it will be my last time on it.

Does anyone have any Pros/Cons for the Magic?

Hubby and I are going on it January 27,2018 for 7 days !!!!!

My top three Pro's about the Magic (in order): Cloud 9 Spa, Cloud 9 Spa and Cloud 9 Spa.

Con's: Having an interior Cloud 9 Spa cabin (as opposed to a balcony).

I'm on it now. I will say that MDR service is very lacking with the cutbacks it is like going to the circus watching the workers trying their hardest to wait on everyone. Dinner last night was over 2 1/2 hours. Getting back on boat in St. Thomas was very sickening due to the raw sewage smell as you are walking back and boarding. We had to cover our noses with towels. Feel sorry for anyone in a balcony room around that area. And there are faint scents of sewage in many areas. For the good, most of food is excellent and shows are entertaining. And this boat has rocked a lot. More nhen likely it will be my last time on it.

Oh my ! Why does it have a horrid smell ? I could not even begin to imagine having to smell that.

Sorry that it is not going very smoothly

Oh my ! Why does it have a horrid smell ? I could not even begin to imagine having to smell that.

Sorry that it is not going very smoothly

ALL cruise ships have "the smell" at one point or another. Especially while in port. Hopefully our resident ship engineer will be along shortly to explain in better details but I can tell you that I have caught a whiff of it on every.single.cruise Ive ever been on.

I have zero cons when it comes to Magic.

ALL cruise ships have "the smell" at one point or another. Especially while in port. Hopefully our resident ship engineer will be along shortly to explain in better details but I can tell you that I have caught a whiff of it on every.single.cruise Ive ever been on.

I have zero cons when it comes to Magic.

You don't need an engineer to tell you its poo being sloshed around :halo: :D Ship happens ,in motion it's worse .

You don't need an engineer to tell you its poo being sloshed around :halo: :D .

Actually that is not what it is at all hence the reason for someone that actually knows what they are talking about to explain in further detail. The smell is MUCH worse in port than it is at sea from my very limited experiences.

Actually that is not what it is at all hence the reason for someone that actually knows what they are talking about to explain in further detail. The smell is MUCH worse in port than it is at sea from my very limited experiences.

Strange never smell it in ports that often more so at sea . The Dream and Sunshine being the worse. Three times out of four the smell was there on the Sunshine . The Dream not so much out of the three times on her. But it sure smells like shi t to me .

Yes, you are correct. Overall I am having a good time. The few things I mentioned were the cons for me. Beautiful ship though.

My top three Pro's about the Magic (in order): Cloud 9 Spa, Cloud 9 Spa and Cloud 9 Spa.

Con's: Having an interior Cloud 9 Spa cabin (as opposed to a balcony).

Ahhhhh........ I need to know all about the cloud 9 spa!!

*Did you try the couple massage?

I have a balcony cabin.... Are the saunas great?

Was the treatments at a discount with a cloud 9 cabin?

Why are so many people saying that there is so much movement on Magic lately.

I mean I don't mind some rocking, but everyone is making sound like it's more than that.

We are on the Magic in June.

Thoughts?

Stop worrying.... it's the water that makes it rocks!!!

Some people make it more than waht it is.............

Why are so many people saying that there is so much movement on Magic lately.

I mean I don't mind some rocking, but everyone is making sound like it's more than that.

We are on the Magic in June.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if it is the ocean or the boat has a problem. Last night was not as bad but it is swaying more tonight. I was on Dream in November and it was about the same and I thought that was due to being in the Gulf. Now I am starting to think it is this class of ship. I just take Bonnie and go have fun.

Rumor is its a broke stabilizer on Magic but I dont think they help much for "up and down" movement? I think thats bunk and its just the seas. We rocked a little on her last April but I loved it.

I hope whatever the issue is, if there IS an issue that its fixed before October. We are already sailing in the heart of hurricane season in a Lido deck 4J at the very front lol. Not worried though.

Wow, we never smelled any sewage on the Magic last month and our room was a forward balcony room. That is so strange. The rocking was horrible for the first 24 hours but then subsided. We also never experienced a long wait in the Northern Dining Room with anytime dining. I am so sorry that you are having issues. It was absolutely the best cruise we have ever taken!