Escape booking

jmele999

This will certainly be a more popular cruise than the Getaway, for a number of reasons.

It's not in January. That was a big thing that put many people off.

It's a completely new ship. The Getaway didn't have that excitement because a lot of people had been on the Breakaway. I know quite a few people who did the Breakaway and then have planned on doing the Escape, missing the Getaway. That was certainly the case for me.

In October, for the past few years, the Epic has been heading that way, but it won't be next year. People who may have otherwise been on that sailing are likely to go on the Escape instead.

The Escape TA will certainly be busier than the Getaway. I suspect it will be similarly busy to the Breakaway (about half full), but it wouldn't surprise me if it was even busier than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Part of the part with the Getaway was the fact that after a lot of people were booked planning to disembark in Miami, the itinerary was changed because of a charter and we ended up in New York City instead of Miami. For me it was much better, but I was in the minority. It is much easier to fly to the Pacific Northwest of the United States from New York city than it is from Miami.

Mandy

It's available on the UK site now. Pricing isn't too bad for a solo, I may even go for a balcony.

Just need to get a FCC next month and then I'll be booking.

I got overexcited yesterday (I know, sad) and booked a studio but I think when my boss is out of earshot today I'm going to call and change it to a spa balcony. I've never stayed in an inside cabin and a little worried over ten nights I might get claustrophobic.

I got overexcited yesterday (I know, sad) and booked a studio but I think when my boss is out of earshot today I'm going to call and change it to a spa balcony. I've never stayed in an inside cabin and a little worried over ten nights I might get claustrophobic.

I was going to get an Oceanview, as I really like to be able to look outside. On the Breakaway a Balcony was about £500 more, but it's only £200 currently for the Escape. Probably worth it for that.

Part of the part with the Getaway was the fact that after a lot of people were booked planning to disembark in Miami, the itinerary was changed because of a charter and we ended up in New York City instead of Miami. For me it was much better, but I was in the minority. It is much easier to fly to the Pacific Northwest of the United States from New York city than it is from Miami.

Mandy

Yes, the itinerary change didn't help, especially given the time of year.

Yes, the itinerary change didn't help, especially given the time of year.

She got charter for the Super Bowl (the championship final game pro football game of the year) which was being held in the New York City area, so not much choice in destination.

She got charter for the Super Bowl (the championship final game pro football game of the year) which was being held in the New York City area, so not much choice in destination.

Yep, I remember it happening. I wasn't commenting on the reason for the change, just that it probably didn't help bookings for the TA.

I may be from the UK, but I'm well aware of the Super Bowl. :)

Edited by KeithJenner

Now let's get to the important stuff....what kinds of swag are we going to get on the inaugural TA? lol

We got a bag and a New York tourist book on the Breakaway.

Don't get too excited. NCL don't generally treat these TAs as anything special.

I'm married, children in their 20's, work 40+ hours a week, and I definitely need a cruise planned to get me out of bed in the morning. I tell my co-workers everyday, the only reason I keep showing up is so I can pay for my cruises:)!

Edited by planet211

you know its fun planning a trip even on as far off as this one. We have a Panama Cruise for this Oct on the Sun, and was going to take Star on a TA in April I just canceled to book our cabin aft B1 deck 13

looks like a few extra days in London again...

Zoey, I am considering the opposite. Jumped on the Spa balcony and now thinking about the studio. The chunk of change saved would be enough for spa pass and air. Decisions....decisions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Early birds win again. Haven pricing for the TA already increased $500pp :mad:

Yep. We were about to book the other night and looked again this morning and saw the price jump. :eek: Very frustrating (at least for those of us who didn't book fast enough - very lucky for those who did).

Edited by KJE Atlanta

It's so difficult to decide at these prices. I was going to get an Oceanview, as I did for the Getaway, but a balcony is only £140 extra at the current prices. But if I'm going to get a balcony then a B9 is very appealing for just an extra £120 on top of that.

I'll have to see what the prices are like when I'm ready to book next month. I'm assuming that the weather may be ok towards the end of the cruise when we get towards Miami.

It's so difficult to decide at these prices. I was going to get an Oceanview, as I did for the Getaway, but a balcony is only £140 extra at the current prices. But if I'm going to get a balcony then a B9 is very appealing for just an extra £120 on top of that.

I'll have to see what the prices are like when I'm ready to book next month. I'm assuming that the weather may be ok towards the end of the cruise when we get towards Miami.

Agree that the pricing for a B9 is very attractive compared to the regular balconies. I booked it since I will definitely buy a spa pass if I'm in another cabin type.

This will be my first time to London, so I'll definitely plan on a 5 day visit pre-cruise and there goes the trip budget sky high! Maybe I can scale back on cabin. One thing for certain, I have plenty of time to decide![emoji41]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

we seem to stay in the room we first book about half the time, we love aft cabins and and book that first, if the SUITE rooms are open to book later than we move if we thank it is needed. This will be our first TA but 4th trip to London, will stay we think about three days early just to relax.

Husband asked my this morning if I was going to book that same cabin for the first miami cruise also....

How many times can you cruise the islands...

we seem to stay in the room we first book about half the time, we love aft cabins and and book that first, if the SUITE rooms are open to book later than we move if we thank it is needed. This will be our first TA but 4th trip to London, will stay we think about three days early just to relax.

Husband asked my this morning if I was going to book that same cabin for the first miami cruise also....

How many times can you cruise the islands...

I was going to book the Inaugural Cruise out of Miami until I discovered that it would return on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Getting an airline ticket for that day to fly to the Pacific Northwest might be a little interesting and the price would be ridiculous, so I am not going. It would also mean being gone a full month and I am not comfortable with that either.

• 1 year later...
A much larger balcony, sorry to kick this up but 16100 seems to have a great balcony.

Check out the Everything Escape thread. Hope this helps a bit!

@OP/Shipboard Babe: Plleease report back about this gem :D

Please report back after someone has seen them both. I believe the ONLY difference between the Deluxe Spa Suite is that it sleeps 3 whereas the others only sleep 2. Cabin space is the same for all spa suites as is deck space. See my post in 'Everything Escape thread.

Harriet