Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

plynn

We are planning a cruise on the Conquest in March, 2013. One of the ports will be Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan. Can you tell me anything about this place? Thanks for your help!

We are planning a cruise on the Conquest in March, 2013. One of the ports will be Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan. Can you tell me anything about this place? Thanks for your help!

most beautiful beach you will ever see

google victor bodden tours :)

Thanks for your 3 year old info! lol! I guess i'm just behind on my cruise info!!:)

Ha! That's usually how I feel I guess I was actually of service for once rather than, "Hey! do they still...???" lol

Roatan is beautiful and the people are friendly and welcoming. We did a private driver for the day and really enjoyed getting to see the island.

I recommend seeing the monkeys and trying the fresh cashews. If you like birds, there is a private bird sanctuary that takes in injured and unwanted birds of various species. And if you like cameos there is a cameo factory there with some truly beautiful pieces.

As someone else said, this is a Carnival (and sister lines) stop. You can use the beach for free, just walk over from the ship, very safe, very clean.

This is almost like the private island experience and a regular port stop rolled in to one. When we were there, it was our ship and a Princess ship. There were plenty of lounge chairs. It was a nice relaxing day, and an inexpensive one at that (we're not big shoppers or drinkers).

First cruise and did carnival snorkling and Gumbalimba Park and just loved the snorkling, by what we saw it is a beatiful island. We're going back in 2013 and plan to use Victor Bodden Tours to be able to see more of the island.

Hello, we always hearing about seeing monkeys iguanas and birds we not interested, have monkey jungle in florida and own a parrot is there three hours would you say to tour the island via tour just looking at scenerary? Also how was the mosquito situation there, I am highly allergic to bug bites.

This is our favorite Western Port now!! We have used Victor Bodden every time and it's been fantastic.

Our son loves going to a local school and then on to play with the monkeys.

Private driver for the day through Bodden Tours lets you really see the island not the tourist parks.

Hello, we always hearing about seeing monkeys iguanas and birds we not interested, have monkey jungle in florida and own a parrot is there three hours would you say to tour the island via tour just looking at scenerary? Also how was the mosquito situation there, I am highly allergic to bug bites.

When we went (this past May), we made it a beach day. No mosquitos, no pesky insects, just a beautiful beach. The swimming area is very nice, and there's also an area for snorkeling. If you're not interested in taking any tours, this a great place to just relax and have an "ahhh" day.:)

The issue is Roatan vs Mahogany Bay.

Roatan is wonderful, while Mahogany bay is simply a Carnival village designed to keep you and all your money in Carnival's control. It is not like Roatan, but is nothing more than an extension of the ship just like the private islands with more shops, all run by or leased by Carnival.

The thing to do at Roatan is to get as far away from Mahogany Bay as possible and you will have a great time.

We spent our day in Mahogany Bay during our last Carnival cruise. We did the zip line which is right across the street from the shopping area... It was a blast! It was the first time we did a zip line and we really enjoyed it! The staff did an excellent job ensuring everyone was safe! After the zip line, we walked back across the street and over to the beach. We spent many hours snorkeling off of the end of the pier... The weather was perfect and the water was crystal clear... The beach was very crowded, but we had a very enjoyable day despite the crowd!

My father in law coming so he not do water sports, we all not interested in zip lining...no monkeys, iguanas and parrots, we want a scenic tour do you feel we could get in at least 3 hours drive scenic tour with Bodden Tours?

I agree the ports are nasty places you have to branch out to see the islands...any suggestions what we can see where to go? Any advice where to get lunch there?

Do not do the Monkey and Pirate tour. So disappointing. Don't touch the monkey, we will sit it on your shoulder and take some pics. If the monkey wants to pull your hair let it, if the monkey this, monkey that. We couldn't even get close to where they were laying, they had workers surrounding them. And the pirate part of the tour was a bit blah for me. I wanted to hold a monkey in my arms, not have it sit on my shoulder. Boring!

Thank you and from experience in the past with monkeys on the island we know they are trained to do things, years years ago with my mom and dad I recall a guy taking photos of monkeys and passengers and well my father got close and one was on his back trained to get into his pocket, luckily my mother saw what was happening...at the very same time another took my purse strap off my shoulder and ran well from NY nobody going to grab my purse I got it right back from that monkey and we head back to the ship and since then I not want to even deal with monkeys in the islands. I know what you mean monkey gets away with these things and its us passengers that find it amusing and encourage this behavior and your right you want to hold it not have it sit and crawl all over you. :)

Do not do the Monkey and Pirate tour. So disappointing. Don't touch the monkey, we will sit it on your shoulder and take some pics. If the monkey wants to pull your hair let it, if the monkey this, monkey that. We couldn't even get close to where they were laying, they had workers surrounding them. And the pirate part of the tour was a bit blah for me. I wanted to hold a monkey in my arms, not have it sit on my shoulder. Boring!

there must be more than one place to see the monkeys, where we stopped on our tour we were able to get very up close and personal with them. I think it was Victor Bodden's monkey business.

Barry