Crossdressing

DeannRenee4

If you are outlandish and call attention to yourself -- you will get attention. If you just do it and "blend" in-- who cares? Some folks probably will be a little up tight with it but mostly nobody cares what you do or how you dress. They pay attention to themselves and the attention they are getting. It's a big ship and you will never see these people again so what do you care what they think?

If you are on one of my cruises, please don't be too outlandish. I get the giggles easily and I sometimes stare just because it is interesting and entertaining! No offense met. I stare at straights that are interesting and entertaining too!

I don't think it would be a problem at all; we spent almost every night of our cruise last January with a group of people and one was a cross dresser. Everyone knew and no one cared. He actually had some really cute outfits!

I agree-but keep in mind you forfeit your right to complain if people look at you-even if keep their comments to themselves-and that does NOT mean they are "cross dress phobic".

It doesn't matter what people think-if you are comfortable why would you care what others think?That's the main point

If you are outlandish and call attention to yourself -- you will get attention. If you just do it and "blend" in-- who cares? Some folks probably will be a little up tight with it but mostly nobody cares what you do or how you dress. They pay attention to themselves and the attention they are getting. It's a big ship and you will never see these people again so what do you care what they think?

If you are on one of my cruises, please don't be too outlandish. I get the giggles easily and I sometimes stare just because it is interesting and entertaining! No offense met. I stare at straights that are interesting and entertaining too!

There was a very conservatively-dressed crossdresser on our Baltics cruise this summer. The only way I even noticed her to begin with was by her very deep voice. Took a better look and then the penny dropped. Otherwise, I probably would never have noticed. My travel companion never took note of her at all.

Hope you have a great cruise!

KK

Be who you are. Others may like it or not. Personally, I have zero issues with others expressing or being themselves. I hope you have an awesome cruise! By the way, just so you know, there were several cross-dressers on our last cruise and no one seemed to mind a bit.

I say dress as you want and enjoy your cruise. I'm sure there will be people on the cruise who will be dressed so outlandishly that very few will take any notice of your dress. I'll be wearing a utility kilt some days during our upcoming cruise, and I'm sure I'll get more stares than you will.

Feel free to dress however you wish on the boat. Be aware though, you need to look like your passport to get onto the boat and may need to look like your photo taken as you get on board to get on and off the boat at port. Those are the only things that might be an true issue in this matter.

Feel free to dress however you wish on the boat. Be aware though, you need to look like your passport to get onto the boat and may need to look like your photo taken as you get on board to get on and off the boat at port. Those are the only things that might be an true issue in this matter.

Hmm, good point.

Depends on the Cruise

If you're on an Atlantis Charter (Depending on theme), than it could be a fashion show with extravagant, chic, and stunning ensembles, or the Bear minimum for a more masculine theme charter. Even on more mainstream voyages it's usually best to accept and be your self.

Smart Thought! Did not think of that but it is true that you must match not only the photo they take on boarding but also whatever you are using for personal identification (Driver's License or passport or photo ID). Part of that description on the ID is Male or Female and most security officers will expect that you dress to match that description. This will be each and every time you leave or enter the ship! Major hassle to "discuss" it with each and every security officer. On shore not sure how you would explain (and in a foreign language) why you do not "match" your ID. Also some places are even more "concerned" with gender roles than in US. I believe that it would take some sort of legal procedure to get new identification with a picture or identification that would match your appearance -- costly too. I also think that new "friends and acquaintances" that you meet on the cruise might be surprised when you cross-dress. Most people have not known cross dressing individuals and they might not "deal" with it as well as you would like.

Summary: You probably will need to match your ID's every day or so. You want to cross dress. This might cause some attention you don't want. Can you handle it? Good Luck and have a great cruise no matter what your wear.

• 2 months later...

There was a cross dresser on our cruise last week. He was very tall and wore clothing that may have been specially designed, perhaps by him? I mean his clothing seemed to be couture...not the styles one typically sees on the rack in stores. He also wore the highest heels I have ever seen. We always looked forward to seeing him around the ship. He never made a scene, nor tried to call attention to himself.

I have to say not everyone is accepting of this. We were seated in a lounge where the cross dresser was standing as he listened to the band and not bothering anyone. A man walked by and was outraged. He said something we couldn't hear, but his facial expression was not pleasant. I was afraid he might try to fight.

On large ships and even small, some passengers come from regions in which cross dressing publicly is a major taboo, to put it mildly.

• 3 weeks later...
There was a cross dresser on our cruise last week. He was very tall and wore clothing that may have been specially designed, perhaps by him? I mean his clothing seemed to be couture...not the styles one typically sees on the rack in stores. He also wore the highest heels I have ever seen. We always looked forward to seeing him around the ship. He never made a scene, nor tried to call attention to himself.

I have to say not everyone is accepting of this. We were seated in a lounge where the cross dresser was standing as he listened to the band and not bothering anyone. A man walked by and was outraged. He said something we couldn't hear, but his facial expression was not pleasant. I was afraid he might try to fight.

On large ships and even small, some passengers come from regions in which cross dressing publicly is a major taboo, to put it mildly.

Unfortunetly, life is full of close minded people......whether at home

or on a cruiseship. I believe people are taught those things by

how they were brought up.....nobody is born with prejudice....their

families have passed it down from generations before....it is really

sad.

Glad they didn't get into a fight.....that probably would have been

quite ugly:(

• 4 weeks later...

Ehh, some of the toughest fighters I've ever known were also crossdressers, male & female.

Some would consider me a crossdresser, because of my height & weight along with my build I can not fit into most womens clothing. I'm 6' around 350 massive shoulders to match my big belly & butt. :)

So big mens clothing fits me better, & I like it better than womens, lasts longer, not so tight. So when I dress up I wear mens suit pants with vest (waistcoat to our euro pals), dress shirt & shoes. Along with my fedora, got a cool custom one for Xmas.

Do I draw attention to myself? Maybe more than if I was in womens clothes, but I've been accused of being a trangender male to female person before, & in makeup I look like a drag queen. No insult to me, but it makes me feel uncomfortable because it draws even more looks. Yes, sometimes older women even try to chase me out of the womens restroom, my response? "I haven't grown any extra appendages down below or had any removed so leave me the bloody heck alone."

That usually shuts em up. :p

And I look like my id (DL & Passport/card) because I went in wearing a plain color collared shirt. Usually, if you can, wear a non male female shirt, like a polo to have your picture taken. Since they are only head shots here in the USA the security will be looking at facial only anyways.

And I've done security work, along with military & USA govt, all we cared about was did your mug (ugly in my case) look enough like your id so that someone didn't steal it.

And, I wear glasses occasionally, but in our state we are not allowed to wear headcoverings (unless religious like a burka (I think)) & they really hate wearing glasses unless you are really blind as a bat. :p

So most days I do not look like my id.

Be happy, enjoy your cruise, people will stare sometimes only because they are interested, Ignore the jerks, they are not worth it. ;)