Final Payment made .... when does it show on my reservation ?

CCC's

I have booked a cruise on Celebrity Solstice departing Sydney on 26 November 2015 through a travel agent. A week ago I made the final payment to the travel agent. When and how will this payment show on my actual booking with Celebrity?

I have booked a cruise on Celebrity Solstice departing Sydney on 26 November 2015 through a travel agent. A week ago I made the final payment to the travel agent. When and how will this payment show on my actual booking with Celebrity?

Good morning, your TA needs to email you a "PAID IN FULL" invoice.

When using a Travel Agent, that is the one who needs to give you

paperwork. You won't seen anything from Celebrity.

Sometimes a TA will ask for payment prior to the date that the cruise line requires it. If your payment is being made to the TA (definitely not recommended in the states), they will, most likely, wait until the payment clears the bank and the last possible day to pay the cruise line. sometime after that your web page "may" say paid in full.

But, Lois is correct, be sure to ask your TA for a paid copy of the cruise line's invoice. That is proof that the payment was made to the cruise line on your behalf.

Steve

Oh wow, it was early this morning....I should have typed

"You won't SEE anything from Celebrity.

Thanks for your replies. I have checked and I do have a confirmation email from our TA stating we have paid in full. I am just a little nervous that the TA will be a little tardy in transferring the funds to Celebrity. I will check my online reservation over the next few weeks to make sure all is OK.

Thanks for your replies. I have checked and I do have a confirmation email from our TA stating we have paid in full. I am just a little nervous that the TA will be a little tardy in transferring the funds to Celebrity. I will check my online reservation over the next few weeks to make sure all is OK.
Your travel agent should have sent you your guest copy of the Celebrity invoice showing that you are paid in full.

(This is in addition to the TA's own invoice.)

Also' date=' if you paid with a credit card, your credit card statement should show that the payment was made to the cruise line, not to the travel agent.

When we don't use a TA and make a payment ourselves, we immediately see our account being updated right before our eyes.

As soon as we make the final payment ourselves, we see that zero remaining balance due appears.

So we can rest assured not only that the cruise line received the payment, but also that it was processed correctly and has been applied to the right reservation.

Additionally, an updated invoice from the cruise line is automatically generated and emailed to us whenever we make a payment to the cruise line ourselves.

If an error should occur, we can see it and immediately take action to correct it.

When using a TA, a major disadvantage is that all our payment and billing information disappears from our Celebrity account.

We cannot see whether or not the payment is entered and processed correctly.

So we must rely on the TA to make the payment for us and send us our copy of the updated Celebrity invoice.

[/size']

Thanks for the reminder. We paid our trip in full at our TA office two weeks ago. They said funds would have to clear our account, then their own account before it would officially show as paid in full. (In this day and age, why do we have to wait for 'funds to clear!) TA said they'd then issue a final invoice and e docs then we could get our heads together to plan and book the trips, book restaurants and spa treatments all of which we have done ourselves - months ago! Not heard a dickie bird from them since. Not sure why we involve a TA. Next time I think we'll deal direct with Celebrity or use a UK based US agent. Sorry to hi-jack the OP's thread.

All TA's don't work like this do they? My money is paid to the TA, and then the TA will pay the cruise line?

I thought it's always best to have your TA have your CC and TA would use that to pay the cruise line.

Am I understanding wrong?

Thanks for the reminder. We paid our trip in full at our TA office two weeks ago. They said funds would have to clear our account, then their own account before it would officially show as paid in full. (In this day and age, why do we have to wait for 'funds to clear!) TA said they'd then issue a final invoice and e docs then we could get our heads together to plan and book the trips, book restaurants and spa treatments all of which we have done ourselves - months ago! Not heard a dickie bird from them since. Not sure why we involve a TA. Next time I think we'll deal direct with Celebrity or use a UK based US agent. Sorry to hi-jack the OP's thread.

Sounds very odd to me.:eek: When I pay my TA, I have a confirmed,

PAID IN FULL invoice from her that same day.....what funds have

to clear?:eek::confused: No check is written.......paying with a

credit card.

All TA's don't work like this do they? My money is paid to the TA, and then the TA will pay the cruise line?

I thought it's always best to have your TA have your CC and TA would use that to pay the cruise line.

Am I understanding wrong?

I have no idea what that TA is doing. Funds clearing? I give my TA

a credit card and she makes final payment. I get a "Confirmed...PAID

IN FULL" invoice that same day. There is no delay.

If you paid off the balance by Check; bank or personal, that is the way it has to be processed due to bank clearance time up to 7 days. If you paid with a credit card as I recommend to all, it should show as paid within 24 hours. An agency that has a group may process payments all at once but that is rare in the states.

Don't forget we are talking with people from different countries. Scotland and Australia to name two. Checks still take time to be deposited and cleared.

Edited by Nanatravel