TA questions

If you are dissatisfied with a travel agent how difficult is it to transfer your booking to another agent?

Does the original agent still get the credit or would the new agent get the credit?

Would it need to transfer to a new agency or can it be within the same agency?

I am so torn...my current TA didn't really do anything wrong. I emailed him about a price drop, he did reply within 3 business days, but the reply was to call him so we could discuss it. As I have explained to him on the 3 previous emails, that I am not available during normal business hours, it is much easier to send an email, and then the replies I have received each time call me so we can discuss this. :eek: ::banging head on wall:: :eek: not to mention he has a very thick accent and when I do call him, its like the middle of the night for me and it is very difficult and can somewhat be frustrating to get my question or even a payment made.

I just am not sure what to do :( :confused: :( any advice is welcome

First, I believe any transfer must be before final payment.

How difficult will depend on the agent. I have read that some agents will just cancel the reservation out of spite. If you are thinking about a transfer with an agency, I would call the manager.

You would lose any perks the original TA gave you. So I would ask the new TA about that before the transfer.

Original TA must release the booking . Not easy to do .

Original TA would receive none of the comm. if this is done.

Can sometimes be done thru the cruise line if you can convince them that the TA is the problem , not that you and the TA are on different work schedules.

"I am so torn...my current TA didn't really do anything wrong." Insisting on a phone call in this day and age is doing something wrong.

I agree. All contact between my TA and myself is through email. I prefer email contact as it gives us both an historical thread of what's been discussed between us and there's much less opportunity for misunderstanding (or faulty memory, mostly on my part :) ).

"I am so torn...my current TA didn't really do anything wrong." Insisting on a phone call in this day and age is doing something wrong.

Wow, I guess I am out of touch, I would much rather actually talk to a person when there is an issue and then follow up with an email after. (And I say this as someone who books 99% of my travel (hotel, air, car, cruise) via the internet).

Just do this cruise & use a different TA for future bookings

Not many TA's will take over an existing booking without pay

I do not see why you cannot just call on your break :eek:

Wow, I guess I am out of touch, I would much rather actually talk to a person when there is an issue and then follow up with an email after. (And I say this as someone who books 99% of my travel (hotel, air, car, cruise) via the internet).

Meh. Different strokes for different folks. But the method of communication should be at the convenience of the client, not the TA.

Just do this cruise & use a different TA for future bookings

Another vote for this advice.

I have used the TA that I am using for my upcoming cruise for over 10 years. This upcoming cruise has soured me on TA's. From being charged MORE for taxes than the cruise line is charging (I get the Call me and I will explain to you - no I did not call - I did not want to hear any of their rationalizing ), to not having my best interest at heart when promotions were going on - having a price drop and basically being told it was too much effort to save me $100, to never getting any thank you for using them..

I just booked a cruise in 2017, and for the very first time, I am dealing directly with the cruise line.

So, although you are pretty much stuck now, you do have power in any future trips in not using that TA anymore.

I do not see why you cannot just call on your break :eek:

Its not a matter of calling on my break. My normal sleep hours are his normal work hours... It sucks to have to set an alarm just to make a payment when I can just send an email saying please add x amount to xxx reservation# etc etc...

The main reason I am replying now to this thread, is I needed to set the alarm to make a payment :cool:

My TA is across the country but I send an email a week ahead with permission to make the final payment

She also calls me if any problems or questions arise

If you work shift work that might be a problem calling the TA then

Thank you all for the replies.... I guess I will stick it out this time, but I will never make this mistake again!

I know I am the one with the upsidedown schedule, but these days, I would have figured email was the way to go. and why did he give me his email address if he didn't want me to use it LOL

Thank you all for the replies.... I guess I will stick it out this time, but I will never make this mistake again!

I know I am the one with the upsidedown schedule, but these days, I would have figured email was the way to go. and why did he give me his email address if he didn't want me to use it LOL

Your problem with this TA is not e-mail vs phone. He wants to try to talk you out of requesting the rate drop because it impacts his commission, and if he doesn't speak with you then he can justify in his mind not getting you the price drop.