Carnival Safe to Cruise

koss78b2

It's VERY, VERY dangerous. They have lost so many passengers in the last few months. Just sad. :rolleyes:

Seriously, you'll be perfectly fine. The bad press is exactly that: bad press. If anything, you'll be safer now than 2 years ago. Carnival has taken several measures to make their ships safer since the Triumph incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With some of the bad media Carnival as gotten

would it be safe to do a carnival cruise these days? thinking of one in October? Anyone still recommend Carnival?

I have enjoyed each and every cruise I have had with Carnival and am looking forward to our upcoming November cruise on the Liberty.

I would not believe everything you hear in the media.....

would it be safe to do a carnival cruise these days? thinking of one in October? Anyone still recommend Carnival?

Bad media? Did I miss something? They had a rough beginning to 2013 but that's the past or recurring news when CNN has nothing else to talk about. But yes, I would absolutely recommend Carnival to anyone.

You have to use common sense where ever you are. Any ship, not just Carnival, is the same. I leave my expensive jewelry at home, just as I do when I vacation on land. On land I keep a close watch on my cash and credit cards, on the ship I don't have to worry about those things because they stay locked in my safe. Overall, I definitely feel safer on the ship. Don't let some bad publicity stop you from enjoying a wonderful vacation!

Well let's see....since the bad happenings of 2013, I'm sure they have upgraded/monitored anything that can go wrong. There is onboard security, if you commit a crime, where do you run, there is a full medical staff with an ER, doctor and nurse aboard, you have a safe to lock you valuables.

I have never felt uneasy on a cruise. Go, cruise and enjoy yourself. As long as you are smart about your well being, Carnival will also be smart about it. ENJOY THE FUN SHIPS!!!!

I feel safe on a Carnival cruise. I watch my young son carefully, but no more so than I would at a local park.

Tapi, you talk about the enhancements to security Carnival has made in recent years. What are they? I can't say that I see them-- far from it.

But I probably am wrong here. What has Carnival been doing? Whatever it is, I applaud it (if it is in fact happening).

Why would it not be safe? ... I must have missed something because I haven't heard of anything that's happened for a bit now. I sailed after the whole Triumph thing (if that's what you're referring to), and I'm planning my next cruise as you read this. Maybe I'm just silly, but after the Triumph situation, my cruise on the Breeze was docked next to Triumph at port, and my husband and I actually talked about booking that one at some point too. Look at everything going on with plane crashes lately.. stuff happens.

No matter what you do, there is always a chance that something could happen. I have been on numerous cruises the last few years, and the worst that happened was we missed a few ports. Use your best judgement and common sense, as you should in any other aspect of life.

A cruise ship is basically a floating city with security, medical facility, restaurants, sanitation and a hotel. If you use the same common sense that you would when visiting a new city, then you will be fine:)

After 5 cruises with Carnival and 2 more booked, I can say that I have never felt unsafe:)

so with all of the airplane incidents lately, are you not going to fly to a port city either???? but wait, with automobile accidents, you shouldn't be driving either.

Seriously, there will always be a rare occurence where something will happen. Nothing is foolproof. So, enjoy it and if (the rare) something happens, there will be people around to help.

Seriously, you'll be perfectly fine. The bad press is exactly that: bad press.

If anything, you'll be safer now than 2 years ago.

Carnival has taken several measures to make their ships safer since the Triumph incident.

I should imagine ALL cruise lines, and maybe all shipping interests in general

have learned lessons from this folly of an accident....

in the same way that Titanic, a hundred years previous

had a huge effect on Safety of Life at Sea, changing things dramatically

- things like adequate lifeboats for everyone, radio, radar and observation 24/7/365, etc.

All of the major cruise lines have incidents. Of late (the last 18 months or so) Carnival has been mentioned less than several others. Since it is the 500 pound gorilla of the industry, it gets more bad press.

Doc

We feel safest when we are on a cruise as opposed to any other type of travel. If your post is in reference to the silly article CNN posted the other day, the only reason they drummed up that old news was because they feel the need to mention a few bad stories about cruising each time they post an update about the Concordia. The video they made was just silly.

Of course bad things can happen on a cruise. It's no different than walking around a city all day and interacting with the other residents. It's the same type of atmosphere, but on a smaller scale. Things can and sometimes do happen, but as long as you are aware of your surroundings and don't leave your common sense at home, you don't have to worry near as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been cruising on Carnival since 2000, and some of those cruises have I have gone alone, and have never felt unsafe. If you are concerned about mechanical issues or accidents, then I would say you are at least as safe or even safer than on board an airplane. If you are concerned about safety, from your fellow "mankind" on board, then I think again you are as safe or even safer than you would be travelling in any large city. One must always be careful wherever you are, and I tend to be a worry wart when it comes to safety, but I can only say that I dont feel unsafe on Carnival ships.

Carnival is my first choice for a solo vacation because I feel safer on a ship than I do on a land vacation. You have to use common sense no matter where you go, such as not leaving your valuables laying around to create an opportunity.

One of the things I like most about cruising is the worry-free feeling I experience because I don't have to worry about safety, and I can leave the driving to someone else.

Yes, they are safe. Some corporations just have the bad luck of receiving more bad publicity than was actually necessary.