"We Will Rock You" on Anthem

Simply WOW, the best production show ever seen on a ship. Great Cast and Production. this is a Smash Hit, well done Royal. I need to see it again soon :D

Have you seen Rock The Boat yet? We never seen a similar band on any cruise line and really enjoyed them on Independence.

Simply WOW, the best production show ever seen on a ship. Great Cast and Production. this is a Smash Hit, well done Royal. I need to see it again soon :D

Good to hear. Reservations already made to see this show when we cruise Anthem in June.

Anthem is a great ship, she is far ahead of where Quantum was when she was launched, things are ready to go and the staff are relaxed and everything on these 2 days is going smoothly. It will be interesting to see how things pan out tomorrow as the first paying guests arrive.:D

Fantastic - we have this show booked and are really looking forward to it. Were you on the 2 day cruise? If so what were your impressions of anthem?

Anthem is a great ship, she is far ahead of where Quantum was when she was launched, things are ready to go and the staff are relaxed and everything on these 2 days is going smoothly. It will be interesting to see how things pan out tomorrow as the first paying guests arrive.:D

Thanks for the report, Can't wait for her to get to NYC!!!!

Really!!??

Where did you get the cast information from and can you post the full cast on here?

I don't have full cast details, but to be fair to Kevin Kennedy (Curly) he has appeared in We Will Rock You previously & has been very busy lately as a tour guide on the Coronation Street tour.

I found out about his casting through a mention in a review and checked his twitter page.

The show was approx one and half hour long, and was amazing, exactly like the west end, I was blown away, everyone was on their feet by the end, the energy, and the high standard of vocals etc was just incredible. What a fantastic entertainment offering at sea!! Massive kudos to Royal for bringing this onboard, its a massive achievement. Spectras Cabaret was also superb, we watched it twice, two nights on this beautiful ship just was not enough for me, I really need to go back, and take my kids next time!

So soon in fact that I stayed on for the next cruise. Thanks for the invite to the naming, but 2 days is not enough. The ship is fab....:D

We're glad you liked it, Chip. Looking forward to welcoming you aboard again soon.

Yes in fact, "We will Rock You" was absolutely great!! Or as a lady in the elevator said: This was the best show I´ve seen in the last 12 years and I´m a New Yorker...

Kevin Kennedy did sing "God Save the Queen" during the naming ceremony. I´m not that fast but DH has uploaded photos of the naming ceremony.

steamboats

Kevin 'Curly', plays the part of 'Pop'. An old hippy who is trying to work out when the 'music' actually died. Saw him when the show toured in Manchester. Fantastic show, but anything to do with Queen is fantastic IMO:)

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I agree with you that it really is the best show seen on cruise ships, and I am sure many people would be pleased see this video. I also fail to understand why people cannot respect the copyright of the performers, and NOT video the show as requested before this or any other show even starts.

Also videoing of such length is distracting to other audience members around you :eek:

It was the best show I have ever seen at a cruise ship. Spectacular !!

I can share a small vid: