BOGO for D+ Dinners on board

A quick question about the BOGO offer for D+ members. Can you prepay for your specialty dinner to get a reservation for the first night or second night and get the second half refunded? Or is it for booking made on board only?

A quick question about the BOGO offer for D+ members. Can you prepay for your specialty dinner to get a reservation for the first night or second night and get the second half refunded? Or is it for booking made on board only?

I've read reports that people get a credit on their onboard account if they use the BOGO coupon for a prepaid reservation.

I've read reports that people get a credit on their onboard account if they use the BOGO coupon for a prepaid reservation.

Many thanks Bob. Being our first chance to use the BOGO I didn't know for sure if there were any limitations.

Does it work on day two if the first night is booked full on embarkation day? I only ask as we are embarking in Rome, for our western Med sailing, which is the second embarkation port. Barcelona is the main embarkation port, a few days prior to our arrival.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Many thanks Bob. Being our first chance to use the BOGO I didn't know for sure if there were any limitations.

Does it work on day two if the first night is booked full on embarkation day? I only ask as we are embarking in Rome, for our western Med sailing, which is the second embarkation port. Barcelona is the main embarkation port, a few days prior to our arrival.

Thanks again.

Andrew

I'm not 100% sure the change is on all ships, but several people have reported that the coupon now works on the first and second nights.

We did exactly that on Quantum. Prepaid for 3 specialty restaurants to get a 20% discount. We went to Chops on day 1 and told them we had the Diamond Plus BOGO and had pre-paid. They credited our account for one person, then later our account was credited with 20% of what we originally purchased. I assume it was a mistake, but we got 20% back including the value of the one we got for BOGO. But you not only get the BOGO, but can still get the multiple discount. Even if pre-paid.

They are good for day 1 and day 2. There are only 2 of us so I book ahead for 1 person and pay and then 2 of us show up. Since there are really no tables for 1 it always works out. Then we use the coupon for the 2nd person

We also got the 20% credited as OBC

Edited by molly361

They are good for day 1 and day 2. There are only 2 of us so I book ahead for 1 person and pay and then 2 of us show up. Since there are really no tables for 1 it always works out. Then we use the coupon for the 2nd person

We also got the 20% credited as OBC

Ingenious. That is what we will do.

I'm not 100% sure the change is on all ships, but several people have reported that the coupon now works on the first and second nights.

Also can't answer for all ships, but for the past few months we have been able to use our coupon on the first and/or second night as well, however we had to pay on the first night. This has worked for us on the Freedom, Explorer, and Enchantment.

We prefer to wait to book on board to book, as it seems that credits back to our account take several trips to customer service, and not worth the hassle. Once, we could not get a reservation on the first night but every other time we've had no problem.

OP. enjoy the meal.

M

On Serenade a few weeks ago, we were able to take advantage of the BOGO by paying on the first night, but actually dining toward the end of the cruise. I don't really get what difference it makes "paying" on the first night, since your credit card isn't charged until the end of the cruise, but apparently it has something to do with the way they do the accounting. I don't know if this option is offered on all the ships, but it was nice to be able to take advantage of the BOGO dining later in the cruise.

That is what we have experienced our last two cruises. We use one of ours for the first night and the other for the second night.

The perk is per person so each of us (D+) is entitled to the BOGO.

Each Hotel Director on each ship has some autonomy on what "deal" they will allow, but for the most part they'll be close. Here's what occurred to me on Legend just last week:

• My D+ BOGO was valid on either night 1 or night 2, I also posted on my Quantum Dec review the full page of D+ benefits left in my stateroom saying exactly this in writing (I did not take a pic of this paper for this Legend sailing, but I can confirm this is exactly the case for the D+ BOGO)
  • The first night BOGO was not combinable with the 20% off if you book 3 restaurants, and I specifically went and spoke to the CL about this to confirm the rules. I had Chops night 1 (using D+ BOGO), Izumi night 5 and Chops again night 8.... so if I wanted to get an extra 20% discount I needed to book another night which I did for Chops on the final night... absolutely totally worth doing.
  • I had the CL prebook Chops night #1 about a week before the sailing by emailing him. The D+ was applied when they asked for my card at the table, easy peasy.
  • The remaining 3 reservations I did on board with the CL.... the 20% off shows up on each bill at each restaurant as you go. So when I showed up at Izumi night 5, 20% came off my bill. When I went to Chops night 8 & 10, It was $24 per person and not $30, etc.... I did not see an OBC by booking on board but an actual discount at each venue applied directly to the bill.
  • For the record, Legend offered 20% off both Chops and Izumi on the final night to anyone as a special on the cruise compass

Hope this helps and have a great cruise! :D