Cabin or cruise line

HelloKittysMum

In 2013 we chose what turned out to be a lesser cruise line that will remain nameless, because we could get a balcony for the price of an inside or maybe obstructed outside on our previous line of choice.

The balcony didn't really make up for the shabbiness of the decor and decorations for me. Although the floor-to-ceiling window was pretty nice...

We went back to "our" cruiseline for the next two cruises, and somehow found the money for upsells to at least an OV -- natural light turns out to be quite important for my DH.

Note: "our" cruiseline is not considered a high-end one, it's often mentioned in one breath with the one that did not appeal to us. So it IS necessary to shop around to find your sweet spot between price and value!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If it were just me and my husband I would go for the ship/itinerary we wanted and whatever room fit our budget. We are fine in insides. But sailing with a toddler, I would absolutely go with a ship I could get a balcony on. That space is very valuable to me during nap time and after his early bedtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...