Singapore Night Safari

stefanny28

Hi;

We'll be visting Singapore for 2 days pre-cruise and then board the Celebrity Millenium which stays another 2 days so actually, we get 2 days in a hotel and 1 1/2 day on the ship.

My question is a 2 part question:

1/ Where does the ship dock in Singapore exactly? Is it close to the MRT?

2/ Should I do the Night Safari on the day we are in the hotel or do it the night we are on the ship?

Thanks

Edited by stefanny28

If you have two nights in the hotel I'd suggest doing it on the first, otherwise do it the night you are on the ship.

You will get back quite late from the Night Safari so better if you don't have to get up early the next morning to check out of your hotel.

I know that some tour companies offer pick up from the hotel. Do you know if there are which offer pick up from the ship?

It is very easy to take a taxi from the cruise terminal to Night Safari. You may like to consider asking the taxi driver to pick you up later at 11 to 11.30pm from Night Safari (there is a booking charge).

Thank you.

Do you know how much the taxi ride from the cruise ship to Night Safari should cost?

I just wated to see if it is worth to go by ourselves or to book with a tour that provides pick up from the hotel.

Thanks

We did that on our last cruise (cruise terminal to Night safari) as we had made friends with others and took a bigger cab (6paxs) for sgd$60 per trip. We booked him for the return trip back to cruise terminal and to pick us back at 11.30pm from Night Safari. There were many cruisers from the same ship at Night Safari and we returned back to our ship with 9 paxs :) He was very kind to allow it. ;)

For the usual taxi it probably cost abt sgd$30 per trip.

Did you enjoy it as I have heard various comments and we did not do it on our last trip but are considering it for our up coming one. We did do their zoo and it was outstanding.

We did the night safari and were not too impressed. Would skip it if we had known what it was like. Hard to see and not too exciting.

That's disappointing. We were thinking of taking 6 year old. Suitable do you think?

They would be wowed by their regular zoo. As for most animals you are in their cages. A monkey came along and stole my husbands hat. The orangutans are climbing ropes above your head as you walk. You can arrange to have breakfast with the orangutans and I fed the giraffe

We thought the night safari was fab. We went with Viator which is a good thing to do as they will arrange collection and drop off but more important they will arrange private access to the park with no long queues!!

We opted for the meal as well which we would advise against - food wasn't brilliant.

Your 6 year old would be thrilled and so will you - it's a must see for sure.

I don't enjoy zoo visits normally but this was definitely an exception and I would go again

Hope this helps

There are different walking trails to do. I have always find it impossible to do all in one evening in the short amount of opening hours. We usually choose 2 waking trails, dis the tram ride and watched the creatures of the night show.

I personally like the walking cat trail. We often bring oversea visitors there and did that recently when we docked in Singapore overnight. We made friend with some British families on board and brought them to Night Safari on our recent Ovation of the Seas cruise. I suppose it does help if you have some locals to show you around. :)

It has been a while since I have done the night safari so some things may have changed. There is a tram portion of the safari where you are riding in relative darkness and they are talking in hushed tones so as to not disturb the animals. Combine riding/darkness/later at night/cooler temps/jetlag and we fell asleep on the tram. :D

Edited by nolatravelgirl

We enjoyed the night zoo very much. They also had an "indigenous" percussion band performing.

A memorable night out with a difference. I would recommend the whole experience.

In my opinion, taxi drivers in Singapore are among the most honest and cheapest taxis in the world - all journeys are metered.

It's been a few years since we did the night safari. I am reading the various reports - some people seem to love it and others not so much. Makes me wonder if we were all at the same place. We could easily have fallen asleep it was so boring but others seemed to enjoy it.

Maybe you should read on Trip Advisor what others have posted about it to try to decide.

Maybe you should read on Trip Advisor what others have posted about it to try to decide.

Thanks, I have been reading Trip Advisor and the numerous complaints about crowds and queues has lead us to book a private guided tour to avoid the hoards of people. We will go around the park in a golf buggy with a private guide rather than the tram. It comes with reserved seating for the show too. Looking forward to the experience.

• 2 months later...

I think the Night Safari is completely overrated- I went the second to give it another chance and honestly it is NOT worth the time. You can't see much and the animals are all in cages AND it is DARK! Really too crowdedness so your visibility is almost nil.

The regular zoo next door is fantastic if you want to go to a zoo - it is so open plan and the best zoo I've been to in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. We did go to the regular zoo and to River Safari and enjoyed them both. We had booked the private guided tour for Night Safari but unfortunately the night we were booked was a huge thunderstorm so our tour was cancelled. Unfortunately again, while they promised to refund my $267.50 deposit I am still waiting for that to happen (4 weeks after), they keep promising via email when I enquire that it is be processsed. I can't believe it takes this long to refund a credit card. Not impressed! If we are ever back in Singapore (which I hope to be), I'll think twice about booking this tour again, it's been such a debacle.

• 2 months later...
I think the Night Safari is completely overrated- I went the second to give it another chance and honestly it is NOT worth the time. You can't see much and the animals are all in cages AND it is DARK! Really too crowdedness so your visibility is almost nil.

The regular zoo next door is fantastic if you want to go to a zoo - it is so open plan and the best zoo I've been to in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are animals in cages along the walking trails, but the animals visible from the tram ride are out in the open. My wife and I enjoyed our trip last November.