can we bring wine on NCL

jetlag69

We are travelling the medittranean on Norwegian Jade in November , do they allow us to bring wine onboard and if so, how many bottles? We will also have ports in Italy and would like to bring on some wine there if possible? Great wines at FAIR prices.

Two options with NCL..

1.) If you bring your own wine on board to enjoy, you can do so if you pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee. Once you pay the fee and get a sticker, you can take the bottle anywhere and they will even hold the opened, but unfinished bottle in the dining room for you if you desire.

Some have tried to sneak alcohol on board through many different methods, but your luggage and carry-ons will be x-rayed and if anything is suspicous, you will be called to the naughty room to watch while they search your luggage. Some have succeeded in the sneaking, but many have failed.

There is no limit from what I understand as long as you pay $15 per bottle upfront.

2.) When you buy alcohol in ports (including wine) and you try to bring it back on board, they will give you a choice. Either pay the $15 per bottle fee OR you can have them hold it for you and it will be returned to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. If you are buying a case or several bottles simply to bring home, then I would go with having them hold it for you.

Two options with NCL..

1.) If you bring your own wine on board to enjoy, you can do so if you pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee. Once you pay the fee and get a sticker, you can take the bottle anywhere and they will even hold the opened, but unfinished bottle in the dining room for you if you desire.

Some have tried to sneak alcohol on board through many different methods, but your luggage and carry-ons will be x-rayed and if anything is suspicous, you will be called to the naughty room to watch while they search your luggage. Some have succeeded in the sneaking, but many have failed.

There is no limit from what I understand as long as you pay $15 per bottle upfront.

2.) When you buy alcohol in ports (including wine) and you try to bring it back on board, they will give you a choice. Either pay the $15 per bottle fee OR you can have them hold it for you and it will be returned to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. If you are buying a case or several bottles simply to bring home, then I would go with having them hold it for you.

I thought that they had the passenger open the bag and show what's in it, rather than a crew member rifling through personal items. My mom had a large bottle of shampoo (yes, it really was shampoo) and had her bag flagged. They had her open it and take out the bottle to show it was actually shampoo. Have they changed the way they do it? I really do not relish the idea of crew members going through my stuff.

beachchick

• 3 years later...
Does the corkage fee apply if I only intend to have a glass in my stateroom? My wife and I enjoy a glass while getting ready for dinner, nice, relaxed and in no hurry.

Yes, you have to pay the corkage fee if you are drinking the wine anywhere on the ship. $15 for a 750-ml bottle. Larger prices = larger corkage fee.

NCL never opens you luggage without you present. Once you show up, they have you open it and show them whats in it. If you have them hold your wine till the end of the cruise, they do not bring it to your room. You must go pick it up the last night, or sometimes first thing on the last morning.

• 4 years later...