Questions re Bernards Tours.

sammy7088

We just did Bernard's tour #2. We went to their site and paid $5.00pp deposit.

At the time of the tour we paid the balance (cash) of $80.00 (for 2 people).

The tour lasted approx. 6 hours. Was great!

Our bus did have AC and cold drinks were offered (free). Some of the drives from place to place can be a few minutes.

At the beach I'm not sure you'll find AC for your DH.

If you do have to cancel at the last minute, you'll only lose the $10.00.

I had booked this tour previously, on a canceled cruise, I had no problem getting my $10.00 back.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a private tour for our cruise in June. We are a group of 8 people and 2 people have mobility issues. I e-mailed them a week before we booked and they said they can accommodate our needs. My main concern is my mother in law. If she is not feeling up to it she may request to go back to the ship in the middle of the tour and they said that was not a problem. The website says $90.00 deposit for a private tour but when I made the deposit through PayPal it only asked for $50.00. For a private tour. I received a conformation e-mail the next day for the private tour.

Does anyone know how much it is to rent jet ski at Orient beach?

Thanks,

Loralie

My DH also has health issues. We used Bernards last year and I didn't let them know ahead of time. Our tour host was amazing! He noticed the difficulty my DH had walking and going up and down the steps of the bus. He helped him and walked along with him so I could go off every now and then and take pictures. Even though there is walking you can go at your pace and even stop and wait if needed. We had JUNIOR as our guide and he was amazing! We return in November and will most likely use them again.

My DH also has health issues. We used Bernards last year and I didn't let them know ahead of time. Our tour host was amazing! He noticed the difficulty my DH had walking and going up and down the steps of the bus. He helped him and walked along with him so I could go off every now and then and take pictures. Even though there is walking you can go at your pace and even stop and wait if needed. We had JUNIOR as our guide and he was amazing! We return in November and will most likely use them again.

That's great to hear that they are so accommodating to people with mobility issues. Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be so much fun.

Loralie

If you do the beach tour at Orient there is a patio restaurant where anyone can sit as long as they order a drink or something to eat. I hope that is still there. Loved their burgers. At Maho they also have a bar there and seating on a patio. Bernards Tours were great to me when I lost my bag Bernard himself was leading our group and he gave me his camera to use and let me keep the sd chip as long as I sent him the group pictures so he could put on his website. He also felt partially responsible for my lost bag and refused my money. This is why I like Bernard's Tours. Great guy and will take care of you. My husband canceled because he was sick and Bernard said no problem no need to pay...then I lost my bag and he refused to take my money. Best of the best.

If you do the beach tour at Orient there is a patio restaurant where anyone can sit as long as they order a drink or something to eat. I hope that is still there.

We are just back and loved our tour with Bernard. We did stop at a patio bar...first we parked in the hotel lot then took the short walk to beach. You don't even have to walk on sand...it's at end of small boardwalk. For $10 you got two lounges, umbrella, and 2 rum drinks! One of my favorite stops!

Yay I am glad the patio restaurant is still there! It has been years since our tour with Bernard. We went by taxi to Orient Beach one year and went way down the beach to the left. Nice little cantina there also. Chairs with umbrella are not badly priced. I know the year we were there the sea was full of seaweed. I mean could not even take a step. But it was still enjoyable and I watched my husband skee do it!

Just finished our tour with Bernard's tours. Omg they are absolutely the best, we were greeted by Bernard this morning and had the Mailman as our tour guide, the best tour I have ever had on any island

Thanks Bernard's for an amazing memorable day.

Best money I have ever spent.

Just finished our tour with Bernard's tours. Omg they are absolutely the best, we were greeted by Bernard this morning and had the Mailman as our tour guide, the best tour I have ever had on any island

Thanks Bernard's for an amazing memorable day.

Best money I have ever spent.

The Mailman guided the Milkman. ;)

Did you go to their FB page and say what you've written here? They'll 'like' that.

For those of you who booked the private tour with Bernard, where did you have him take you? I am thinking about doing this for our party of 7. We definitely want to see the planes, but other than that, where should we have him take us??

We booked the #2 tour. We didn't tell him where to go, it was set up. We saw the planes, Orient Beach (my eyes, my eyes, jk).

He also stopped at a couple of spots overlooking the water/island, for photos. There was also a stop where a bunch of iguanas came out to the road. Nice!

If you go on their site you can get more info and pricing.

For those of you who booked the private tour with Bernard, where did you have him take you? I am thinking about doing this for our party of 7. We definitely want to see the planes, but other than that, where should we have him take us??

For general ideas of what to see, you might take a peek at the Typical Tour page on Joyce's website.

gary

• 1 month later...

If we opt for Bernard's Tour No. 2, with time at Orient Beach, I would not want to bring a good camera to the beach. But I would want such a camera with me for the rest of the tour. Does Bernard's have a way for you to leave things in the van (valuables) that you won't bring with you to Orient, and would that stuff be safe? (I can email and ask him, of course, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has done that.)

Thanks!

We just did our second tour with Bernards Tours. We chose Tour 2 and went to Orient Beach, Maho Beach, Serafinas, and a short stop to visit the Iguanas. Also we had a few other stops for pictures....Well worth the $45.00 per person!

How long do they give you at Orient beach? Is it enough time to swim and relax in the sun?

ive read about benard tours not spending enough time or missing jets at maho.

anything to that?

we really want to see some more sights but maho is our top priority

also, whats this rum punch all about?

ive read about benard tours not spending enough time or missing jets at maho.

anything to that?

we really want to see some more sights but maho is our top priority

also, whats this rum punch all about?

I would be interested to hear any replies about this as well, since I have the same priority.