balcony breakfast worth it?

CU64

We have been gifted the balcony breakfast many times. We are not fans of what the "typical" breakfast consists of so we simply scratch out what we don't want and write in what we would like. We have always received exactly what we write in.

What do you normally write in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you normally write in?

We have written in eggs benedict, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, toast, different types of pastries, orange juice, etc. You just write in how many of each you would like and if it is at all possible, they will accommodate you.

Best balcony breakfast that we had was on an Alaska cruise on the Sun Princess with friends. We had adjoining balcony cabins. We were just entering Tracy Arm when we got up and decided our balcony was going to be the best place to be for the views. We all went up to the buffet, got what we wanted, and went back to the balcony and ate. Of course it helped with the food transport that Princess still had serving trays in the buffet back then.

That balcony breakfast was definitely "worth it".

Edited by ar1950

We have written in eggs benedict, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, toast, different types of pastries, orange juice, etc. You just write in how many of each you would like and if it is at all possible, they will accommodate you.

That's awesome!

Thanks for replying

We have been gifted the balcony breakfast twice - tried it the first time and was not impressed - received it as a gift the second time and "traded it in" once on board for credit. We then used the credit towards a specialty dinner in the Crown Grill.

Why weren't we impressed? The smoked fish is offered every day in the buffet, the quiche was cold and IMHO, not great,and the champagne was low budget. The pasties were plentiful, but those too could be had up in the buffet.

On our amazing Alaska voyage on the wonderful Coral Princess, we were gifted the UBD - now that was worth every penny - and I would do that again in a heartbeat.

Ruby Princess, 7 day Pacific Coastal. What do they serve and is it hot? Any who have done this, please advise. Thanks.

Here are a few pictures from May 2016 when we had the Ultimate Breakfast on the Ruby.

The food was way more than 2 could eat. We did not want the seafood, so we just requested an Eggs Benedict and a Ham and Cheese Omelet as substitutes. No issues at all. The food all comes at once. The omelet isn't in the pictures but it was just your basic no frills omelet -nothing fancy. The hot food did arrive somewhere between hot and warm, but the sauce on the Eggs Benedict was on the luke warm side - the poached eggs were perfect.

32773851432_32176d8dc3_z.jpg

32927502265_6a3b4311b2_z.jpg

32927502575_2950b28f6d_z.jpg

32773853612_fcd00634ef_z.jpg

We enjoyed the meal but in all truth the MDR breakfast is just as enjoyable. We will be having the UBD on our cruise in April and are really looking forward to it!

I've had it a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The amount of food is more than enough, so we usually eat the hot items and the fruit that day, and save the pastries/breakfast breads till the next morning. We order room service juice or fresh fruit and coffee the next morning and have a 2nd balcony breakfast!!

We received a balcony breakfast as a gift once. It was nice, but not something I'd order for us if we were paying for it. I like the Ultimate Balcony Dinner so much more. As someone else mentioned, with the breakfast everything comes at once. And it is too much food for two.

We have been gifted the balcony breakfast many times. We are not fans of what the "typical" breakfast consists of so we simply scratch out what we don't want and write in what we would like. We have always received exactly what we write in.

Not only didn't that work for us, my DD wrote in no mayo as her DH is allergic to it and they still put it on the plate. Plus, we only had a small round table that you would put drinks on. There was no room for a single plate let alone the food and two plates. We ended up having to put the food on the floor of the balcony. I don't eat fish and we tried to get substitutes and were told we couldn't exchange anything. I bought it for us, my DD, my DS and my mom. None of them liked what they received, loved having to put all their food on the floor and eat off a plate in their lap. I would never ever do it again.

We have really enjoyed the balcony breakfast (albeit included with our VS suite). We have never done Alaska or the Panama Canal but think it would be great to have a leisurely breakfast, some mimosas / bloody Mary's with a great view. Even while in port it's fun to sit outside, eat, drink and watch the activity of the ports.

I actually love the smoked salmon /bagel / cream cheese thing. The eggs benedict also travel well. Be aware an order of bacon really means about 10 pieces. We got 4 orders the first time and it had to be at least a pound of bacon.

Is it still $45 for two if you are not in a full suite?

My wife and I took this cruise last year and we are taking it again in October. We have been on many cruises. The balcony breakfast we were served was good, not great. It was convenient and nice to watch the ocean go by as we ate. We chose from a limited menu that included eggs, meats, fruit and pastries. The food was warm. We will probably do this again one morning in October but I prefer to go to the dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a charge for the balcony breakfast if you are in a suite?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - there is a charge for the balcony breakfast if you are in a suite, unless it is a "gift" or included in your fare. We were given the Balcony Breakfast as a bonus from Princess when they offered us an upsell in November. Since you can order anything off the menu and have it delivered to your suite, we didn't think it was something we'd enjoy, we were able to convert our Balcony Breakfast Certificate into on board credit instead.