Tortola Escape to Jost Van Dyke - Rebel Yell

Rebels82

We are 90 days away from our Epic cruise and the Escape to Jost Van Dyke on the Rebel Yell is not showing under our Excursion choices. I called the Excursion ph. no. but was on hold so long I gave up.

I know it is very popular but it hasn't shown up for the last several weeks. Does anyone know why it is not showing up? Thanks.

I would try calling again first thing when they open- It seems a lot of sailings had this added around 2 weeks ago. It is possible it has already sold out. Can you also mention it on your roll call to find out? It was added for my December one a few weeks ago

Hi, if interested I am looking for other passengers of Escape arriving in Tortola on Sept. 14th to join the Aristocat Charters excursion to Norman Island and the Indians. They need a minimum of 10 and as of today they have 3 signed up. It is $120 from 8-2pm and will get us back to ship in time for sailing. It includes lunch and unlimited beverages.

Contact aristocatcharters.com

Don't give up, just keep looking. I was on the Escape in June and it was sold out. I went to the excursion desk the first day and was put on a waiting list. That night, after dinner, I received confirmation of the tour. It is worth going. One of, if not the best tour I have been on. White Bay is amazing. Good Luck!!

I went to the tortola info desk in one of the shops, and ended up chartering a boat (captain was Rudy)

It was $50 pp (he needs at least 8 to make it work. We had 11).

We got to Jost before Rebel Yell and they left before us (but made it back to the ship later). They must go somewhere else. They only were at Jost for about an hour.

We had a 4 hour round trip and made it back a full hour before sail away.

Edited by liser1232

I went to the tortola info desk in one of the shops, and ended up chartering a boat (captain was Rudy)

It was $50 pp (he needs at least 8 to make it work. We had 11).

We got to Jost before Rebel Yell and they left before us (but made it back to the ship later). They must go somewhere else. They only were at Jost for about an hour.

We had a 4 hour round trip and made it back a full hour before sail away.

There are 2 groups at jost on rebel yell. So the first group they take back had at least 3 hours there. They drop off and come back for second group. I was in the 9:15 and got back to ship at 2:30. We flew on the cat on the way back. There's a 7 am excursion too.

We were on the 7:00 excursion, got back to the ship about 12:30. It was a terrific time. Hint...most of the places didn't open for 30-40 minutes after we got there. To the left of Soggy Dollar is a place called Gertrudes. There is a little alley/walkway next to it. Walk about a minute down that path to a place called the Perfect Pineapple. It's a neat little guesthouse owned by Gregory, Gertrude's son. Best breakfast sandwich I've had in a long time. Nice restroom at Gertrudes also. ;) Gerry

There are 2 groups at jost on rebel yell. So the first group they take back had at least 3 hours there. They drop off and come back for second group. I was in the 9:15 and got back to ship at 2:30. We flew on the cat on the way back. There's a 7 am excursion too.

Any concern about making it back to the ship? I thought all aboard was at 2:30. I know with ship excursion it should not be a problem, but...

Any concern about making it back to the ship? I thought all aboard was at 2:30. I know with ship excursion it should not be a problem, but...

Booking through NCL they WILL wait for you. Can't imagine the backlash if NCL left port without you, being they SOLD us/you the excursion.

It looks wonderful there!! I can't wait.

We went ahead and just booked with the ship as we have a few first time cruisers and they are worried about not getting back in time. I am trying to talk them into a non ship excursion in St Thomas. Not holding my breath though....

We did this excursion last week (sigh...) we were back in plenty of time for sail away. Here is a picture of my youngest on the beach at Jost Van Dyke. 943aee99c5715fccdf4d26700e0a40f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this excursion back in February when we stopped in Tortola on the Escape. It was just 3 adults, so we didn't really think about the kid-friendliness factor, or lack there of when we were on Jost. We are going on the Escape again in April, there are 12 of us which includes twins age 12 as well as a 14 & 16 y/o. What is your opinion on JVD with kids?

It looks wonderful there!! I can't wait.

We went ahead and just booked with the ship as we have a few first time cruisers and they are worried about not getting back in time. I am trying to talk them into a non ship excursion in St Thomas. Not holding my breath though....

It really is worth the money, we have never paid for an excursion through the ship as it is such a huge mark up. However, due to the short stay in Tortola and possible risk of missing the ship, i felt it was worth it. Without a doubt, money well spent! And it really is a beautiful ride on the Rebel Yell!

As far as St. Thomas, we took the ferry from Red Hook to Cruz Bay in St. John. Reliable with a lot of options as far as getting to St. John and back. Ferry was a quick ride, about 20 minutes and it was extremely inexpensive. There are cabs everywhere when you arrive in Cruz Bay ready to take you wherever you'd like to go. My only recommendation is to avoid Trunk Bay as i've heard from many people that it is mobbed on port days since that's where a lot of the ship's excursions take their passengers.