Video! Rough Seas on Golden Princess

Trickie Dickie

Love it. Thanks. I like it when it rocks and rolls.

Oh Lana, you are too funny!! That video looked like one day on our cruise to Alaska last year. We had slowed down so much we were eight hours behind schedule and missed Juneau. Wonderful excuse to go back, right.;)

Cheryl

Love it. Thanks. I like it when it rocks and rolls.

Thank you so much for posting - I've got salt water in my veins and this looks fantastic to me!!

I didn't think it looked that bad at all. I've been in much worse. I enjoy the rockin' and rollin' also. :D

I didn't think it looked that bad at all. I've been in much worse. I enjoy the rockin' and rollin' also. :D

same here....Have had waves break over the bridge, windows broken, the liquor bottles broken & spilled all over the shop's floor, and rails every where were needed for everyone to walk.....always exciting.

It all depends on what your used to during a rough sea. I've seen it a few times over the years and actually look forward to something other than sailing on smooth glass which can get boring. ;)

I was expecting some huge waves. Those were not really that bad.

I believe it's a matter of perspective. I'm videoing the waves hitting the front of the ship from the very last cabin at the back on deck 8. Golden is a very long ship. The waves we were colliding with were monsters and it felt like we were slamming on the brakes when we hit each one. The ship was shimmying from side to side as well. People at the front of the ship were very sick from the constant up and down motion. We were quite groovy at the back. :D

Thanks for posting. It's amazing the difference between your cruise and ours on the Caribbean in August. The captain steered us away from Hurricane Bertha. It was one of the smoothest cruises I've been on. If it weren't for the news, I'd never had known there was a hurricane a couple of hundred miles away.

We were in a hurricane off if Baha California. There were 40 foot swells. The ship was like a toothpick going up, up ,up and falling down, down, down.

When walking down the hallway, you were literally thrown into the corridor walls. while rough, your experience doesn't look so bad.

...The ship was shimmying from side to side as well. People at the front of the ship were very sick from the constant up and down motion. We were quite groovy at the back. :D

that's so good to hear. we will be aft going around the Horn...

the bow spray indicates the wave size, some good ones for sure!