Booking Holiday flights

KPGirl

I haven't booked my flight yet from Buffalo to fort Lauderdale dec 29 & jan 6th. Does anyone have any positive experience waiting to book flights at this time ?

but positive I mean not getting screwed cuz I waited too long !!!

Yes, I'm sure someone has waited and gotten lucky and a fare dropped. I'm also sure someone has waited and found that fares did nothing but go up. One more time: (I need to put this in my signature line, LOL)

When trying to decide whether to buy now, or wait in hopes of a price drop, ask yourself the following:

1) Am I willing/able to pay MORE than the current price?

a. If yes, feel free to wait for a price drop, since you are willing to pay more if prices go up instead of down

b. If no, ask yourself question #2

2) Am I willing/able to pay the current price?

a. If yes, buy tickets now.

b. If no, you have no choice but to wait, but if prices don't drop you'll have to cancel your trip altogether.

We booked our December flight in May. The Dec.22 12:45 P.M. Delta flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta is really filling up. It is the weekend right before Christmas. Prices have been consistent.

Karen

I haven't booked my flight yet from Buffalo to fort Lauderdale dec 29 & jan 6th. Does anyone have any positive experience waiting to book flights at this time ?

Book now not later as this is part of peak traveling time.

Be sure to arrive to Fort Lauderdale a day or more before your cruise. Do not fly the day of your cruise as you risk missing the ship if your flight is cancelled or delayed. Yes, that means a hotel.

Book return flight for around Noon or later.

Keith

• 2 months later...

Archived