Christmas Cruise!!!

4ready2cruz

Just booked our first ever Christmas cruise! Super excited!

Are we allowed to bring on a small fake Christmas tree for our cabin? It's a prelit tabletop.

What does Celebrity do special for the holidays?

Thanks!!

we are thinking about booking one as well...we took a Christmas cruise on Princess a couple of years ago and loved it.

There were 700 children on board and you would never have known it except for when they all got together to sing carols in the Atrium...guess they were on their best behavior all week for Santa!

Are we allowed to bring on a small fake Christmas tree for our cabin? It's a prelit tabletop.

Thanks!!

We found X appeared to make more of New Year than they actually did of Christmas Day. Saying that, we've still booked another Christmas sailing for next year :). Turkey was served and Santa did appear in the morning, but apart from that, there was no carol service etc. New Year was more spectacular: party, champagne, blowers , countdown clock, ice carvings etc.

We enjoyed a family Christmas cruise last year. The decorations were lovely and we enjoyed the carols sang by the crew. The holiday music is everywhere, all the time. I love holiday music but I must confess I was thrilled on 12/26 when some venues turned it off. Lol!

We did a New Year cruise in 2012/13 and loved it. We have the Equinox Christmas and New Year cruise booked for 2016/17 and are planning to take a small table-top tree [artificial] and battery operate lights. I would be less certain about a main-operated tree with integral lights. I think that Celebrity would be concerned about the fire risk if the tree was left unattended.

Thanks!!

We brought a small fake tree that lit up for our table and a fake wreath for door and it was fine the one time we did a Christmas Cruise. They did decorate and I remember getting a small gift at turn down. Oh and there was caroling.

We did our very first Holiday Cruise on Eclipse last year, and loved every minute of it! The ship was beautifully (and tastefully) decorated, and our fellow passengers were in their holiday finest. It was nice to see folks dressing up for dinner on Christmas and Christmas Eve -- even though neither one was an official "formal night". There were lots of kids, as you would expect. But, for the most part, I was amazed at how well entertained, well behaved, and closely supervised they were. Of course, there was that handful of hall-runners and elevator-button-pushers :rolleyes: -- but, they were in the distinct minority!

On the Christmas tree topic, battery-operated decorations might be the best way to go. A few years ago, we were on Century with a couple who had brought a small string of plug-in Christmas lights -- just to brighten up their inside cabin. The lights were quickly confiscated by the housekeeping supervisor, who apologetically explained that they were considered to be a fire hazard. It would be a shame to pack something like that, and not be allowed to use it.

Have a great holiday season at sea!! :cool:

We have the Equinox Christmas and New Year cruise booked for 2016/17 and are planning to take a small table-top tree [artificial] and battery operated lights.

Ditto this! :)

We are doing a Christmas cruise this year and I plan to take a small tree. We always buy a decoration from places we travel so it will be nice to see it change over the time we are on the ship. It will be a bonus if I can get one with battery operated lights. We plan to buy one once we get to the US and if our luggage doesn't allow us to take it home we haven't had to carry it half way across the world to get it there.

We took a small tree on our Christmas cruise, and I took stocking and hung them up and a few gifts that we opened on Christmas morning. We drove to the port so space wasn't an issue. It really made our cruise extra special and it was one of our best cruises.

We are also doing our first Christmas cruise this year. I am hoping for some type of religious service on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Anyone with experience with this?

We have cruised Celebrity several times over Christmas and our experience has been that they always have a Catholic Priest onboard as well as some other religions (not sure which). There is always a Catholic Midnight mass as well as a non-denominational service and a Jewish service is also held.

We have cruised Celebrity several times over Christmas and our experience has been that they always have a Catholic Priest onboard as well as some other religions (not sure which). There is always a Catholic Midnight mass as well as a non-denominational service and a Jewish service is also held.

We are booked on the Summit X-Mas cruise this year and can't wait. Just wondering what you meant by a Jewish service? We are Jewish and are looking forward to enjoying the holiday festivities, but as Channakah ends before the cruise begins, why would there be any jewish type of service? Maybe it involves chinese food and watching a movie… :-)

We are also doing our first Christmas cruise this year. I am hoping for some type of religious service on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Anyone with experience with this?

There is a posted policy on the website of having a Catholic Priest on board for Christmas and during Lent.

We sailed during Lent last year and there was indeed a Priest on board. He was a retired Priest who was there for multiple weeks. He actually stationed himself next to the entrance to the ship during embarkation with his collar on to make sure people knew he was on board.