Score!

chrismakris

I had booked in early December a great deal on the Connie for a 2C 11 day Italy and Croatia cruise with the BBB promo. Since then we have seen our cruise fare drop to the point I was able to get $600 CDN off our fare.(Would have been more, but lousy CDN dollar).

I noticed yesterday that there was another price drop and called my travel agent to obtain it and asked how much to upgrade to S2 cabin that I heard was available. When she told me that it would be $1600 more I walked away from it. Just didn't seem like a good deal for an extra 2 specialty dinners, access to Michael's Club and an extra $100 OBC.

This morning I decide to go online and revisit the notion of the S2 and what do I see but the price has dropped overnight by $1000. I couldn't get to the phone fast enough to call my TA and was able to secure it.

So now for the same price I originally booked my 2C I am in a Sky Suite with all the benefits that come along with it. Great day!

So pleased!

We presently have two cruises with 'price promise' and keep checking! As we are still over a year away and one is already almost fully booked I don't think we will have your luck!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Sounds wonderful, congratulations! Unless something recently changed, the free specialty dinners for booking a sky suite has gone away since the beginning of this year.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Obviously we Brits are second class citizens as far as celebrity is concerned . Once we are booked that's it no discounts if the price falls or changing without losing deposits and rebooking.

That's because you have more consumer protections than we do in North America. Somebody has to pay for all that.

Obviously we Brits are second class citizens as far as celebrity is concerned . Once we are booked that's it no discounts if the price falls or changing without losing deposits and rebooking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've read elsewhere on these boards that if you book with a US based travel agent you will be able to follow the US protocols (i.e. no lost deposit). I'm not sure how this affects the currency conversion though.

So pleased!

We presently have two cruises with 'price promise' and keep checking! As we are still over a year away and one is already almost fully booked I don't think we will have your luck!

Have a wonderful cruise!

As I can see you are from the UK could you explain how the "price promise" works. It's not something I have come across and sounds very interesting

Thanks

As I can see you are from the UK could you explain how the "price promise" works. It's not something I have come across and sounds very interesting

Thanks

If you look at some 2017 cruises, example Millie, Asia, October 29th 2017 you will see it has a price promise. We have booked at their stated price but if any offers come between now and Dec 2016 X will give us the discount. So if they offer 2nd person half price we phone and they will reduce our rate accordingly.

There are limits with this, you can only change once...So if, for example, I took free gratuities which could come up, for example, as a June offer I could not then use an alternative offer that may come up later in the year that was better. I check regularly that prices remain constant and look for any changes.

We are very room faddy and as we had very specific dates for this cruise (significant birthday) it was an option we felt of value. If no discount comes up we have paid a price we can live with, we have the exact room we want and travel time we want and if a discount comes up we will see it as a bonus....

It is a win win for customers and X. They secure early bookings, we secure cruises and room bookings but know that if there are dramatic reductions in price we have some protection.

If you are not room faddy, are not choosing cruises that tend to book up quickly and have flexibility of travel times and dates then waiting to book probably gives more options. However, if you are more long term planners this price promise does offer some security in the UK.

Hope this helps!

Chemmo

If you look at some 2017 cruises, example Millie, Asia, October 29th 2017 you will see it has a price promise. We have booked at their stated price but if any offers come between now and Dec 2016 X will give us the discount. So if they offer 2nd person half price we phone and they will reduce our rate accordingly.

There are limits with this, you can only change once...So if, for example, I took free gratuities which could come up, for example, as a June offer I could not then use an alternative offer that may come up later in the year that was better. I check regularly that prices remain constant and look for any changes.

We are very room faddy and as we had very specific dates for this cruise (significant birthday) it was an option we felt of value. If no discount comes up we have paid a price we can live with, we have the exact room we want and travel time we want and if a discount comes up we will see it as a bonus....

It is a win win for customers and X. They secure early bookings, we secure cruises and room bookings but know that if there are dramatic reductions in price we have some protection.

If you are not room faddy, are not choosing cruises that tend to book up quickly and have flexibility of travel times and dates then waiting to book probably gives more options. However, if you are more long term planners this price promise does offer some security in the UK.

Hope this helps!

Chemmo

Thanks I hadn't come across this. :)