When does "wave season" start?

Votes please!

How do you define Australia's "wave season" (when international ships resume cruising here)? When do you think it starts?

A: 29 September - when Diamond Princess returns to Oz and departs on its first cruise from Sydney.

B: 27 September - when Legend of the Seas arrives in Fremantle and departs on its first cruise.

C: 4 September - when Sea Princess completed its world cruise and started cruising from Australia again.

D: Other _____________________

Louise Goldsbury

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Votes please!

How do you define Australia's "wave season" (when international ships resume cruising here)? When do you think it starts?

A: 29 September - when Diamond Princess returns to Oz and departs on its first cruise from Sydney.

B: 27 September - when Legend of the Seas arrives in Fremantle and departs on its first cruise.

C: 4 September - when Sea Princess completed its world cruise and started cruising from Australia again.

D: Other _____________________

Louise Goldsbury

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Legend of the Seas returns to Asia 27 September.

Legend does not start Oz cruises until mid December from Brisbane.

D. 15th of October. First sail out for the Carnival legend.

In actual fact I think it would officially be defined as the 1st of October if anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have always thought it was from October to the end of April. That's when all the good ships ( Royal and Celebrity :D )come down under for the summer

Yes & you go back to "work" Graham! You've been very quiet on here letting the other regulars have all the say! :)

I can't say that I have heard that expression before

-- but it think it may be when the American ships come here and do northern cruises during our cyclone season - or maybe it's when they come here and do southern cruises to NZ during the winter/early Spring when the southern ocean cold pressure systems come through the Tasman Sea??

Something like that!

Barry

So the definition of wave season is more the peak booking time than the sailing time? Then once people book they come here and look for info and meet and greet roll calls?

We used to see specials around early January with Royal Caribbean, even though it was their wave season over in the US, and also some around June-August. One thing I have learnt is that every year the specials are on at different times, with different types of offers (eg: BOGOHO, drink packages, OBC, balcony upgrades.) So while I still madly research prices at every opportunity, I don't expect what has happened one year to be available around the same time next year.

Last minute specials are even around at different time frames before sailing. Also some specials like the famous RCI BOGOHO (buy one get one half off) became quite a joke when running for month after month!

As far as we are concerned, our booking wave time is often really hot days and really cold days. Nothing better than being on the couch and researching cruises. :) Always seem to see something interesting.

Yes & you go back to "work" Graham! You've been very quiet on here letting the other regulars have all the say! :)

Hi Gae Yes for me October till April is the wave season. That's the "SEASON""I go down to the OPT,check all the guests in and then "WAVE "goodbye to them as they board the ship and then I go and catch the bus back home again. :mad::mad:

Edited by gbenjo

Hi Gae Yes for me October till April is the wave season. That's the "SEASON""I go down to the OPT,check all the guests in and then "WAVE "goodbye to them as they board the ship and then I go and catch the bus back home again. :mad::mad:

But that sure am a funny wave, just the one finger.

But that sure am a funny wave, just the one finger.

That's a special wave I save for certain people that " think" they are special:D.

Good chance you could see one on the 4th January:rolleyes:

Edited by gbenjo

That's a special wave I save for certain people that " think" they are special:D.

Good chance you could see one on the 4th January:rolleyes:

Hmmm I thought it was when we waved to Graham as we got on the ship, but perhaps it was when we waved goodbye to the "Red Carpet"

Who remembers "The Red Carpet Room" on board Oriana (1)

Regards

john

PS Will be feeling "special" on Dec 21st but somewhat south of Graham

PPS But we will "Wave" as we pass Sydney in Early March

28 Days on board Golden Princess (Christmas to NZ and March 8th to Points North) now thats "Special"..... :D