Quest

icedzz

It was on Radiance in January, but it wasn't adults only which I thought was disappointing

I know my experience is a bit out of date but on Indy in late 2013, it was not adults only but we couldn't see that it detracted from the format or the fun. There were still some rather risque requests to the teams!

Edited by joepeka

Knowing you have sailed Quantum, would you say this is actually true, or is it an excuse given? No biggie, just curious. :)

Absolutely true.

Picture the venues that host it on other ships:

Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships: Studio B. There is no equivalent on Quantum.

Radiance class: Safari Club/Colony Club: There is no equivalent on Quantum.

Vision & Sovereign class: Lounge. There is no equivalent on Quantum.

You need a good-sized flat open area surrounded by "safe" seating. No such place on the Quantum.

They might be able to have it in 270' date=' on the Quantum. Wouldn't be ideal but it does have a center stage area.[/quote']

No.

As Jimmy so ably explained it, the seating would be extremely unsafe. (in addition to there not being enough space for all the people who would want to play). Just too many levels and railings and tables and other obstacles.

To the risk of being flamed... many think it is demeaning to women for the sake of cheap laughs.

It can be, but I will say at last week's quest men were doing more stuff than women.

Also, Quest is alot a mind game. (When they ask for women wearing thongs, they don't have to show their underwear, flip flops are also known as thongs):D

Our whole family loves the Quest. It's dumb, and the same thing all the time, and kind of silly humor, but we always go and always laugh and always snicker and have a good time being silly.

It's usually well attended so there are obviously some others who like it as well and attendance is not mandatory so anyone who doesn't like it can do something else.

I think "The Quest" is one of RCI's special identities and if they got rid of it then it would be like losing a part of that identity. I hope they don't.

Tom

It can be, but I will say at last week's quest men were doing more stuff than women.

Also, Quest is alot a mind game. (When they ask for women wearing thongs, they don't have to show their underwear, flip flops are also known as thongs):D

You are correct. It’s all about choices and no one, Woman or Man is forced to do anything. Those that participate volunteer to do so. They want the attention and do crazy things so people will laugh at them. I believe some are even fueled by some liquid courage. Those they don’t approve or are offended by Quest also have a choice, stay or leave.

We love Quest, and think it's a riot. They had it on the Vision in October-really fun! We were just on the Brilliance, and they had it... but we missed it. Both of these ships had it on the final night. I am not sure if all ships have it on the final night, but I wish they'd do it earlier in the week than that. People seem too tired that night, and wanting to pack and get to bed.

To whoever said that people see it as demeaning to women... I feel that it's demeaning to pretty much everyone. ha That's kind of the point, and it's all meant to be in good fun. Definitely NO kids should be in there though.