What's the cheapest you've bagged a deal on a P & O cruise??

natross1110

Just an interest post.

What's the cheapest deal you've ever got for a cruise?

Who with?

When did you book it?

What type of cabin?

I'm interested to see who got the biggest bargain and how!

Not P&O but our friends are on a b2b on the QE this week and say that there are lots of people on just for the week. No wonder - it was advertised as a late deal for £499! Not bad for a week in the Med (incl flights) even if it's November. Wish we'd taken advantage of it!

And 14nts in the Caribbean advertised at the moment from £899 on P&O can't be bad either.

Edited by kruzseeka

There are some unreal late deals kicking around if people are willing to go at short notice. More so on P&O, NCL & Cunard as opposed to RCI or Princess....imo

I keep hearing patronising travel agents (who have probably never set foot on a ship) saying "the cruise lines want to keep their stock high, they dont mind sailing only half full", [usually followed with them trying to get me to pay £1,500 for 12 nights....] Complete tosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are some unreal late deals kicking around if people are willing to go at short notice. More so on P&O, NCL & Cunard as opposed to RCI or Princess....imo

I keep hearing patronising travel agents (who have probably never set foot on a ship) saying "the cruise lines want to keep their stock high, they dont mind sailing only half full", [usually followed with them trying to get me to pay £1,500 for 12 nights....] Complete tosh.

Lol. A cruise ship sailing half full is a cruise line going out of business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suppose it us hard to say cheapest because they would be short cruises.

There was Spain and transatlantic then carribean cruise a few weeks ago for £624 for 24 nights on ventura

Or oriana today could of been had for £190 for 4 nights inside £220 outside.

I went oriana last Xmas new year for 19 nights for £864 outside.

I have booked arcadia in march 29 nights balcony with 2 extra nights in singapore for £2150(ish) inc flights.

There are about four 11 or 12 night cruises in nov,dec & jan various boats for £480 (canaries or Iberia) all great deals.

Quite a few TAs do deals by booking cruise only cabins with the cruise line, then organise flights and hotels themselves. The only problem is if your flight is delayed or cancelled and you miss the ship, cruise lines say it is your responsibility so no refund. I prefer to negotiate a full package with the cruise line and 'feel protected '

I suppose it us hard to say cheapest because they would be short cruises.

There was Spain and transatlantic then carribean cruise a few weeks ago for £624 for 24 nights on ventura

Or oriana today could of been had for £190 for 4 nights inside £220 outside.

I went oriana last Xmas new year for 19 nights for £864 outside.

I have booked arcadia in march 29 nights balcony with 2 extra nights in singapore for £2150(ish) inc flights.

There are about four 11 or 12 night cruises in nov,dec & jan various boats for £480 (canaries or Iberia) all great deals.

Has your Arcadia cruise gone down even further, as you posted recently that it cost you £2500 per person?

'I have just booked arcadia for March next year. P&O wanted £4300 per person, we paid £2500 per person with extra nights in Singapore. So needless to say we book with a ta.'

What TA do you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Has your Arcadia cruise gone down even further, as you posted recently that it cost you £2500 per person?

'I have just booked arcadia for March next year. P&O wanted £4300 per person, we paid £2500 per person with extra nights in Singapore. So needless to say we book with a ta.'

What TA do you use?

Yes it has, I was given some advice by the TA that was wrong. So the ta have given me some discount. I bet I would not got that with p&o. I have to say the ta was excelant, even though they cocked up they sorted it.

Edited by Bacardi..

We,paid for £569 for 12 nights to the Canaries on Oriana...departing shortly! We booked it as an early saver approx 6 months ago and the price has only dropped lower than what we paid today..3 days before sailing..it's £479 now..inside cabin but we aren't worried about that, we got a great deal and are looking forward to celebrating hubby's birthday on board!

Yes it has, I was given some advice by the TA that was wrong. So the ta have given me some discount. I bet I would not got that with p&o. I have to say the ta was excelant, even though they cocked up they sorted it.

So its not a discounted price that anyone else could have received - still a 'result' for you.

We are getting on in Sydney but are only on until Hong Kong - starting to investigate ports and we have booked GBR and Blue Mountains with P&O but will do our own thing for rest of ports.

Managed to change our balcony cabin from the in-hull one that we got with our TA price to a nicer glass-front balcony, so pleased with that 😄

Just back yesterday off the Oriana, paid £599 each when booked as a select fare in December with free coach worth £121 each and also £75 each OBC. This was for 10 nights and even got an upgrade from F deck to C deck. Best deal we have ever had especially with the select benefits.

So its not a discounted price that anyone else could have received - still a 'result' for you.

We are getting on in Sydney but are only on until Hong Kong - starting to investigate ports and we have booked GBR and Blue Mountains with P&O but will do our own thing for rest of ports.

Managed to change our balcony cabin from the in-hull one that we got with our TA price to a nicer glass-front balcony, so pleased with that 😄

Yes I suppose that's true, however I still think the £2500 was a great price as p&o wanted £4349 (if memory serves me right).

Yes I suppose that's true, however I still think the £2500 was a great price as p&o wanted £4349 (if memory serves me right).

Its a great price. We only got our 23 day sector £800 cheaper than P&O, although we are overnighting in Dubai. Getting a 29 day sector nearly £2000 cheaper is amazing! Who is your travel agent?

Its a great price. We only got our 23 day sector £800 cheaper than P&O, although we are overnighting in Dubai. Getting a 29 day sector nearly £2000 cheaper is amazing! Who is your travel agent?

I did not think we could name them on here or I am wrong? I will gladly post but just want to check I am not breaching rules.

Sometime in the 90's, there was a bad outbreak of Noro on Oriana or Aurora, I forget which, but it was about half price for the following cruise, we went on that and could have stayed on for the next cruise for a nominal sum!

Not P&O, but our best bargain was on Independence of he Seas, when she stayed one winter, 18 days in the Owners Suite to the Med, just over £5000.

Mind you, it was January!

I have had a 2 night cruise for £159 on Oriana but thought the 2 nights we did on Arcadia this year was a really good bargain.

I booked 3 balcony cabins for £250 each and then was given £100 per cabin OBC. Minimum bill at the end of our cruise.

Also have had 4 nights for £199 too.:cool:

A last minute booking on Aurora, an upgrade to outside and some free wifi, for 11 nights going very, very soon....but it was a very, very late booking...I'm not telling, but it would be more expensive for us to spend 11 nights in a decent hotel in Southampton and buy cheap meals.... :D ;)

Cheapest i've seen recently was at Easter, Arcadia for 14 nights going to Italy/Croatia etc from Southampton

Balcony was £699 iirc! Brilliant value albeit something I could not take up myself

You can often see last minute insides for £499 but I really dont think I could dabble with an inside cabin these days sadly.