Air question

cstrick

IMO the better question would be: what time do you think you can actually disembark and get through Customs/Immigration? I assume you realize the location of the SeaTac airport in relation to the usual cruise ship arrival point.

June 30th is a Friday, which means traffic won't be fun. Clearing immigration is never a quick event. Is it doable, probably, if you have a reserved car or limo arranged. I'd never take it for granted that a taxi will be available, not knowing what other ship activity is going on. Would I have scheduled an 11:30? Almost certainly not.

We did the Alaska trip last summer and disembarkation went smoothly and there were no long lines at the airport, so we would have made an 11am flight. That said, you have two challenges. One is getting the ship cleared through customs, which should go smoothly. The other is SeaTac and whatever the TSA lines are like that day. Impossible to predict but last summer on some days the lines were very long.

Mary

Yes.....

done it

1. you carry off your bags at 0800

2 your going to be in a taxi at 0835,

3. it takes 1 hour in traffic to get to Sea Tac its now 0945. you have an hour and 20 min... very tight

4. book first or business they have a priority lane or if your a Premier in a FF program... coach it will take 45 min to 1 hour to check in and get to the gate.... if your lucky...

So to make this work yo have to carry off your stuff...and book a flight in business or first on UAL... which has a special TSA and checkin... If your flying an economy airline like sprit or south worst, forget it add another hour to check in

Hi Cstrick,

SEA-TAC is 14 miles from the cruise terminal. Traffic is Seattle is never fun but at least you'll be going the opposite way as commuter traffic. Traffic-free it takes 20 minutes, but I'd count on 45-60 minutes with congestion. If all goes well with customs you'd probably make it. But if you've not booked yet or you're booked and ticket is changeable, play it safe and get something around noon.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Nancy

We originally had a flight booked for 1 PM and AA changed it on us. We would never have booked a flight so close. It would be hard to change because there is not another flight non stop until much later in the day. My husband has an oncology treatment due the next day, I will let you all know the outcome, We have booked a limo and they think that it is doable as long as we walk our luggage off.

We originally had a flight booked for 1 PM and AA changed it on us. We would never have booked a flight so close.

Did you book this flight yourself or did Oceania?

I would call AA & tell them it is not possible to make that flight & the later flight is no acceptable

Maybe there are other airlines you could use that have a more favourable time

JMO

You should find out if Oceania will let you self-disembark. When we were on a Celebrity cruise ending in Rome, our schedule to get to the airport was kind of tight. Celebrity let us self-disembark at 6:30 AM. We had to bring our own luggage down, and we had arranged to be picked up at 7:00 AM. We had no problem getting to the airport and checking in, etc., in plenty of time. I don't know what time your ship actually gets to port, but most likely if they are telling you you can disembark at 8 AM, I would think you could self-disembark earlier.

We had the same problem with American Airlines last summer, departing from Seattle. They changed our flight time to the 11am time. We had a flight with one connection, using our frequent flyer miles, that should have left about 1pm. I did contact them and told them we needed a later flight. They tried to change us to a 2 stop flight, which would have been way more than we could handle. In the end, after pressing the agent to check with a supervisor, we were given a nonstop flight to our destination, which was completely satisfactory. Keep pushing them and remind them that they did the same thing to Oceania travelers last summer. Good luck.

Mary

As a long-time AA flyer, I can tell you it does not MATTER that you accepted the change, IOW, it does not mean you cannot ASK now if AA will change your flight. Don't let anybody at AA tell you that because you accepted a change that the airline cannot change it again. They can and everybody KNOWS that. They may try to tell you that they have to charge you and everybody knows THAT isn't true either. They don't "have" to do anything.

As a long-time AA flyer, I can tell you it does not MATTER that you accepted the change, IOW, it does not mean you cannot ASK now if AA will change your flight. Don't let anybody at AA tell you that because you accepted a change that the airline cannot change it again. They can and everybody KNOWS that. They may try to tell you that they have to charge you and everybody knows THAT isn't true either. They don't "have" to do anything.

Thats why I fly only star alliance..UAL.... you get an e-mail asking if you will accept the change and if not to contact them for re booking at no charge....

Sure. SeaTac Airport is only half hour away from the cruise port.

Enjoy your cruise.

That assuming there is no traffic, that the TSA lines are empty and you have a fast track pass The morning flights have huge multi hour back ups from all the departures and the "Tuckawilla Tango "interchange could madden Jesus.....