Just back: Harvest Caye Pool Cabana Info

AliceIn

I was on the Getaway in January, and will be on the Escape this time. I LOVED it so much last time. Hopefully this time is just as great! And I LOVE the shack with the frozen drink concoctions. Those suckers are the real deal! Especially when you get an additional rum floater. Can't wait!

We are sailing on the Escape at the end of September. Shortly after the final payment was made I looked at the price for pool cabanas. They were about $249. Several weeks later I looked again and they were about $349. The last time I looked I think they were $399. So lesson learned, it appears the price may increase as they become more scarce. That might also explain the different prices being quoted in earlier posts.

• 4 months later...
We are sailing on the Escape at the end of September. Shortly after the final payment was made I looked at the price for pool cabanas. They were about $249. Several weeks later I looked again and they were about $349. The last time I looked I think they were $399. So lesson learned, it appears the price may increase as they become more scarce. That might also explain the different prices being quoted in earlier posts.

This... I watched the website every day for weeks and just snagged one for $314.10 (Platinum discount on $349 I assume). Sailing on Jade in March. I see all these much higher prices being quoted and have to believe it is scaled based upon season and availability. :o)

Frankly, I find the lack of chairs and umbrella's unacceptable even though if I wanna get off the ship and go there I will have to accept it. It stinks! Our 14-day cruise is costing us enough....no way am I spending several hundred dollars just to have some shade when it should be a courtesy for them to supply it. Even just renting umbrellas would be a solution.

You have multiple options. There ARE MANY yellow pop-up type sunshades available for rent on the main beach for a paltry fee (it's been a while bit I think we paid $25 for the day for two people)... Or you can go poolside cabana or beachfront villa and pay accordingly. Given the cost competitiveness of cruising vs. booking an airline ticket, transfer and hotel, the price per day of vacation is still ridiculously cheap with any of those options added in.

Some folks here NEED a vacation ;o)))

Wow! As high as those prices are, they are still much more reasonable ........ It does include a 50.00 food credit, but are they kidding????

I know that GSC has the $50 food credit for the cabanas but I did not think this was the case on Harvest Caye.

Could someone please confirm? Thanks in advance, I want to get a cabana for an upcoming cruise but having a hard time justifying the cost as it is only my hubby and I. Every extra perk helps with the “justification”!:D

We have two beach villas on Harvest Caye for our group sailing Jan. 21. I'll report back! I know we're all looking forward to it, and if you divide the cost between the 5 in each, it's not that much for a little pampering and shade for the day. We don't mind spending money on food and drinks, we would do that anyways,

Headed to Harvest Caye on the Getaway 4/8 Western Caribbean itinerary. Villas are listed for $699. I don’t see any other options for cabanas, or other things, to rent. Am I just missing them, or do they sell these 1st, then release lesser expensive options closer to sailing? Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Headed to Harvest Caye on the Getaway 4/8 Western Caribbean itinerary. Villas are listed for $699. I don’t see any other options for cabanas, or other things, to rent. Am I just missing them, or do they sell these 1st, then release lesser expensive options closer to sailing? Thx.

Just checked for you, we are on same sailing. Private Canopy Pool Cabanas are still available on my Exploreand Plan page.

We have two beach villas on Harvest Caye for our group sailing Jan. 21. I'll report back! I know we're all looking forward to it, and if you divide the cost between the 5 in each, it's not that much for a little pampering and shade for the day. We don't mind spending money on food and drinks, we would do that anyways,

We have done this and are doing it again. Its quite the cats meow. You'll see.

We were just there and our daughter rented for her family a pool cabana for about $400 (I think) It was very nice, and there is waiter service for food and beverages.

How were you able to book your cabana? I'm not seeing on line in the excursion section? We're sailing the end of March. Seems like a lot of pre-planning is needed. Is there anything else to do on Harvest Caye? We wanted to go scuba diving?

We booked a pool cabana on Harvest Caye online before the cruise, and we were so glad we did. The Escape was fully booked for the 8/5 Western cruise. Many people in the Haven were on the waitlist for the cabanas, as all of them were booked. Many people were wandering around looking for seats. All of the shaded areas were grabbed early. It was super hot and sunny there this past Tuesday.

The cabana came with two loungers, a long couch, and a regular chair. They allow more than 4 in the cabana, at least for families with kids.

We had a server to bring us drinks and lunch. There is also a table for 8 for dining that is covered by an umbrella. Two cabanas share the table. Cabanas 1 and 2 are in a great location, close to the pool, beach, and restrooms. They are all clean and beautiful.

I was greatful that we had ths shady, private space. It was a lovely day. The only downside is that people without cabana wristbands kept trying to take the tables and chairs. The cabana attendants had to keep asking people to leave the area.

If you are planning a cruise on one od the megaships, you might want to consider the cabana if anyone in your party needs shade. It is nice to have had that homebase for the day.

• 6 months later...

I am on the Jade for a 2018 Christmas cruise Dec 24 - Jan 5th, and just snagged a beach cabana for only $349 (that is good for up to 6 people). They say shuttle (golf cart) to the cabana. And I even got my silver latitude 10% discount. Well worth the price to me.

I am on the Jade for a 2018 Christmas cruise Dec 24 - Jan 5th, and just snagged a beach cabana for only $349 (that is good for up to 6 people). They say shuttle (golf cart) to the cabana. And I even got my silver latitude 10% discount. Well worth the price to me.

Just for clarity should others revisit this thread, you are describing having rented a Luxury Beach Villa. The Cabanas are fabric structures arrayed around the pool area at lower cost.

$314 with Platinum discount and perhaps another $50 off with the shore excursion OBC... $264... very nice indeed. :cool: