Regal Princess Nov 12, 2017... CANCELLED??

flipflopfun

Just got an email from Princess saying our cruise on the Regal Nov. 12, 2017 is cancelled due to re-deplyment!!!

Does anyone know any details about this?

Looks like we have to pick a new cruise. :(

'IMPORTANT NOTICES

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - NOVEMBER 12, 2017 - REGAL PRINCESS

lease be advised that due to deployment changes, Regal Princess' 7-day Eastern Caribbean voyage departing November 12, 2017 has been cancelled. Please contact your travel consultant for additional information, including alternate sailing dates. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause and look forward to welcoming you onboard a Princess ship in the future.'

Edited by flipflopfun
added info

Just seems to be 11/12/17 that is cancelled. Since the website makes it look like the ship is sitting idle for a week, I wonder if it's a full ship charter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We saw that too and called Princess, but they had no answers and really didn't even know about the cruise cancellation.

It must be a charter. But nothing confirmed.

We are sad.

We booked this on Sip and Sail too, so we better not lose our perks from that!

Dont have all the details yet, apparently those will come on the 17th, BUT ...

That week has been broken down to 3 short cruises. One of them being 1 night!

Not sure the reasoning so it will be interesting to know the details. I guess if we want to stay on that ship, that same week, we need to book 3 back to back to back cruises. LOL

That Nov 12, 2017 Regal cruise seems to have disappeared from a few schedules. We would suspect that the ship has been chartered for a 7 day cruise. Another possibility would be a short drydock....but this seem unlikely since we think the ship is getting its drydock this coming spring.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Not sure the reasoning so it will be interesting to know the details. I guess if we want to stay on that ship, that same week, we need to book 3 back to back to back cruises. LOL

I expect you will be price- and perk-protected to move to another seven night cruise. You or your TA should certainly escalate if Princess says otherwise. My guess is that Sip & Sail will not be offered on the short cruises so that could be lost if you ask to keep the dates for the new B2B2B. Though I can't imagine anyone wanting to call on Port Everglades four times in a week ;)

That Nov 12, 2017 Regal cruise seems to have disappeared from a few schedules. We would suspect that the ship has been chartered for a 7 day cruise. Another possibility would be a short drydock....but this seem unlikely since we think the ship is getting its drydock this coming spring.

Hank

One can book the 13th and 15th right now.

I am wondering if it is being used for a 1 night Travel Agent thing or something like that.

We booked this on Sip and Sail too, so we better not lose our perks from that!

We had a Pacific coastal cruise canceled (2018) - when we rescheduled Princess honored the sip & sail on the replacement.

Make sure you have an alternative ship or date so you don't lose the perk - after speaking with TA or Princess

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year the government ruled that a one night cruise to nowhere (returning after one night to the embarkation port) is not legal, so I doubt there is a one night cruise during this lost week.

Edited by caribill

Last year the government ruled that a one night cruise to nowhere (returning after one night to the embarkation port) is not legal, so I doubt there is a one night cruise during this lost week.

My TA just spent one night on Carnival Vista to see Carrie Underwood's concert/tribute to military families. I never asked her if the ship left the dock - I just assumed so. Maybe not.

My TA just spent one night on Carnival Vista to see Carrie Underwood's concert/tribute to military families. I never asked her if the ship left the dock - I just assumed so. Maybe not.

From the Carnival web site: "we’ve teamed up with award-winning country music superstar Carrie Underwood. On November 4th in the Port of New York City she’ll be hosting a special concert to honor military families, aboard the brand-new, spectacular Carnival Vista"

And from the news media: http://radio.com/2016/11/04/carrie-underwood-teams-up-with-carnival-cruise-lines-to-benefit-military-families/

Edited by caribill

We just booked the two day FLL - Princess Cays - FLL on the Regal 11/13-15/17 while we were onboard this past week. Works perfectly for us as we have a 10 day on the Royal starting on 11/15/17, so we just added two days and now we'll be Elite after the 10-day cruise!!

• 1 month later...
We just booked the two day FLL - Princess Cays - FLL on the Regal 11/13-15/17 while we were onboard this past week.

I'm looking at this one too, but willing to wait a bit until they drop the price. Right now they're asking $400/pp for a balcony room, or $300 for inside.