Buy Anne Frank House tickets in advance

Even though the OP's question as been answered just wanted to comment that purchasing tickets to the Anne Frank House on-line saves a significant amount of time. The last time we visited the AFH was in early May, and even early in the morning the line of folks who were waiting to purchase tickets was amazing. We were so glad we had purchased on-line as there are so many more interesting ways to spend time in Amsterdam than waiting in a long line.

We purchased our tickets on line and we got to there a couple hours before our scheduled time, but they let us in anyway. So I recommend buying tickets for a time you know you will make, but if you get there early, don't hesitate asking if you can go on in.

3 months in advance. Tickets are currently on sale through the end of March, 2015.

Could you please post the site. We will be there in August and would love to buy tickets in advance. Thanks so much. :):)

• 1 month later...

We have purchased tickets for August in the last two weeks.

A question for anyone who has been there off a cruise ship: How do you get to public transportation from the cruise port? The Anne Frank House website tells you which tram/bus lines to take but would need to get to public transport. Thanks in advance.

Tramnr 26 leaves near the terminal. It is a short ride to Centraal station, change there to one of the other trams mentioned on the AF website.

Tramnr 26 leaves near the terminal. It is a short ride to Centraal station, change there to one of the other trams mentioned on the AF website.

Thanks so much! How do you buy the tickets? Is there an all day pass you can buy?

Thanks so much! How do you buy the tickets? Is there an all day pass you can buy?

Yes, you can purchase a 24 hour card directly from the driver. When you exit the cruise terminal, look across and down the street to your right. You will see the tram stop for #26. Head down the street (right) and cross on crosswalk in front of Movenpick hotel.

Edited by dogs4fun

Yes, you can purchase a 24 hour card directly from the driver. When you exit the cruise terminal, look across and down the street to your right. You will see the tram stop for #26. Head down the street (right) and cross on crosswalk in front of Movenpick hotel.

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to come back to this thread as it was very useful to me a few weeks ago.

Tickets are now available through the end of October. We just purchased ours for the 30 minute program & entrance.

• 10 months later...
Just log onto the website and buy your tickets! Lines were 3+ hrs long in mid Sept. Thank god we had out tickets and walked right in the side door. The tickets don't cost much, do it ASAP!

I realize that is how to buy them. Right now they only show dates through April.I will need July tickets and am inquiring as to if anyone knows how soon those go on sale.

If the tickets have not been released yet then you need to check frequently as they are booked full almost immediately!

I just went back and looked at the tickets I bought for Sept 11, 2015. My confirmation for the tiks I bought was dated June 7th and I could not get the 1st thing in the morning appt I wanted. The charge was 19Euros for 2.

Right at the top of the website it states that online tickets are available 2 months in advance. I am wondering if there is a way they can e mail you when your date becomes available?

Either I am doing something wrong or their website is a mess. I cannot look further ahead than April, showing no tickets available through April??

Given that last year I purchased tickets in May for the visit in Sept.... I'm not sure I would depend on only a 60 day window, you may miss your date completely as they DO sell out.

And no they have too many tourists to send you a notice!

Edited by JVilleGal