Ocean Princess Stateroom Photos

Lyndihop

Caribe deck would give you a larger balcony and is 1/2 covered and would be the deck I would choose for a balcony cabin.

It also appears to me that the photos shown on Princess' site, may not be actual photos of each room but the rooms but the rooms are all most the same anyway.

It appears to me that the photos shown on Princess' site of the

staterooms, may not be actual photos.....can someone please

confirm this? Also, what would be a good deck to choose for

a balcony cabin??

The balcony cabins are on decks 6 and 7. There is no Caribe on the Ocean; Ocean decks are by number. Ocean cabins also have a sofa, but be sure not to take an adjoining one, because those most often do not have the sofa.

Caribe deck would give you a larger balcony and is 1/2 covered and would be the deck I would choose for a balcony cabin.

It also appears to me that the photos shown on Princess' site, may not be actual photos of each room but the rooms but the rooms are all most the same anyway.

Wrong ship. Ocean and Pacific decks are numbers only.

It appears to me that the photos shown on Princess' site of the

staterooms, may not be actual photos.....can someone please

confirm this? Also, what would be a good deck to choose for

a balcony cabin??

Sheryl

Didn't we sail with you on the Tahitian Princess in '05?

Did you know that the Ocean is just the Tahitian but renamed.

We just sailed on the Royal (a twin sister) on deck 7 and loved that it was halfway between everything (up and down). We almost never used the elevator because of that.

The pictures on the Princess website (especially the virtual tour) are pretty accurate.

It appears to me that the photos shown on Princess' site of the staterooms, may not be actual photos.....

For some "real" photos, go to http://fp.caribill.com/ and click on "Cabin Life" on the bottom.

Pictures were taken when the ship was called the Tahitian Princess, but it looks the same after the name change.

I am on the Ocean Princess right now. Our cabin is on deck seven facing aft.

This is not an original Princess ship, but one that was bought from Renaissance Cruises. That's why the cabins will look different in layout, and the "larger" balconies on Caribe don't apply.

It has been an incredible cruise!

Cindy

I have a couple of websites I like to use to get pictures. You might try webshots and flickr and do some searches and see what you come up with. I enjoy looking around on those sites as you never know what you might find.

I've found some great pictures on cruisedeckplans dot com. It is however a fee based site.

Bob

We usually have a mini suite when on the Ocean Princess but we were on the Royal for 26 days in April and that ship is a sister to the Ocean. We had a balcony cabin there as mini suites were not built on that ship. I will post a photo here. Deck 7 is the best, very quiet as there are cabins above and below. We were on Deck 7, cabin 7060.

Jennie

http://TRIPTOTAHITISOUTHAMERICAANDUSAAPRIL-MAY2011039.jpg

And another one

Jennie

http://TRIPTOTAHITISOUTHAMERICAANDUSAAPRIL-MAY2011040.jpg

Great photos -- (is that your luggage? I'm hoping this is embarkation or disembarkation day and not that there was so little space in the closet, you had to leave the bags there all cruise long!). I was wondering what we're looking at out the window. What port are you at here?

The luggage is ours and it was emarbarcation day. As it was a 26 day cruise, our steward took the two cases away for the entire cruise and we got them back on the last day before we left the ship. As they are hard cases, they couldn't fit under the bed but I think soft luggage would be able to. They are quite large cases. Most people put their luggage under the bed.

We found there was plenty of space in the wardrobes and drawers though not quite as much as we are used to in a mini suite.

The port is Papeete in Tahiti and we were cruising across the Pacific Ocean via Pitcairn Island, Easter Island to Peru, Ecuador and then through the Panama Canal to Costa Rica and finish in Ft. Lauderdale. We had brilliant weather and spent a lot of time on our balcony. It was earlier this year in April/May and it was the last voyage of the Royal Princess under the Princess Banner. She is now with P&O UK and is called the Adonia.

Jennie

I remember that itinerary; sounded wonderful. Papeete, eh? -- never would have guessed that. I picture only grass huts in Tahiti, not multi-story buildings! Obviously, I must go there for myself as soon as possible to correct these misapprehensions!

I remember that itinerary; sounded wonderful. Papeete, eh? -- never would have guessed that. I picture only grass huts in Tahiti, not multi-story buildings! Obviously, I must go there for myself as soon as possible to correct these misapprehensions!

The Tahitian islands are paradise, particularly Bora Bora, Moorea, Huahine etc. Papeete is quite a busy town and is usually hot and humid. It does have a great Marche though where we always buy flowers for our cabin.

Once away from that town, then the true Tahiti shows itself with its beautiful lagoons and beaches.

Jennie

We had a minisuite on deck 8 on the Tahitian (now Ocean) for our Tahiti cruise. It was very spacious (much roomier than the usual mini on the other Princess ships), and despite some having posted in the past that there were noise issues from the deck above, we had none whatsoever. It was a great location.

I would go with deck 7...we were in deck 8 and loved being able to go up one flight of stairs to the buffet, Internet, spa, library, pool, etc...

Also, if your itinerary is a longer one I would avoid a cabin across from the laundry room...there is only one laundry room on the Ocean and it gets alot of use...especially on longer cruises...

• 3 months later...

OceanPrince, Google Plus requires someone to create a Google Plus Account for someone to see your photos (or login to one, which I did). To me, of all companies on the internet, Google would have been the least likely to do something like this. I know they understand the concept of direct links. I'm really surprised. I guess it's possible I'm missing something. :)

Archived