Who is the voice of "The Sea" in the new ad campaign?

From what I've been able to find on the Internet, I believe you are correct. Here is some more info but it doesn't mention who's voice.

Credits:

Client: Royal Caribbean

Spot Title: The Sea is Calling

Ad Agency: JWT

ECD: Richie Glickman

Copywriter(s): Larry Silberfein, Paul Fix

Art Director(s): Georgina Hofmann, Carlos Fernandez

EP: Kristen Barnard

Producer: Shane Smith

Prod Co: East Pleasant

Director: Xander™

DP: Damien Drake

EP: Sarah Roebuck

Producer: James Blom

Editorial Co: Pleasant Post

Editor: Will Znidaric

Producer: Natalie Rose

Post/Effects Co: Artjail

Lead Flame Artist: Steve Mottershead

Flame Artist: Graham Holly

EP: Leslie McCartney

Telecine Co: Pleasant Post

Colorist: Tristan Kneschke

Producer: Natalie Rose

Music Co: Pulse

Composer(s): Dan Kuby ASCAP, Saunder Jurriaans SESAC, Danny Bensi ASCAP

Publisher: Kuby Tunes ASCAP

EP: Dan Kuby

Producer: Dan Burt

Sound Design/Audio Post Co: JWTwo

Sound Designer/Mixer: Andy Green

Producer: Greg Tiefenbrun

Shoot Location: New York City, NY; Austin, TX; Portland, ME; Chicago, IL

Ugh... was on hold for a VERY long time last week (say... 25 minutes?) :( I was more annoyed by the repeated "Sea calling" ad than the actual "on hold!" What does that tell ya??? I was sure to preface my original reason for calling with my (quite negative) opinion of repeating the same silly ad over... and over... and over ad nauseam!

The rep said that they are taking comments and would be sure to log mine ;)

I'd much rather hear "Lust For Life!" regardless of the song's true lyrics!!! :D

I know that isn't what the OP was looking for, and sorry to TC, but I couldn't help myself! At least I only posted once... ;) (not over and over and over, like the on hold ad!)

A~

I can't specifically place the voice, but IF it is identical to the "Snuggle" ads, it's Corrine Orr, a veteran and distinguished voice actor from Canada who now resides in NYC. She's got quite a resume and may well be that voice.

VR,

T Lex

• 2 months later...

I was on hold for some time last evening and it was very annoying, many different people came on to say/Sing, how sorry they were that I was still on hold.....I would rather just hear the Sound of the Sea and that would be soothing and want me to get on board ASAP.

I was on hold for some time last evening and it was very annoying, many different people came on to say/Sing, how sorry they were that I was still on hold.....I would rather just hear the Sound of the Sea and that would be soothing and want me to get on board ASAP.

I'd rather that they spent some of that ad money to hire more people to answer their phones. I get very annoyed to be told over and over again, that "my call is important to them". If it were that important they would hire more people and keep the wait time to a minimum.:rolleyes:

Don't really care who the voice is but wish she would get fired! lol That is one annoying recording and the tv commercials are just stupid love cruising but turns be off RCCL! I agree with the earlier poster hire more CSR's and don't put us thought that!!

I'd rather that they spent some of that ad money to hire more people to answer their phones. I get very annoyed to be told over and over again, that "my call is important to them". If it were that important they would hire more people and keep the wait time to a minimum.:rolleyes:

And if the person who answers the phone then supplies you with correct information then RCI would really be on a role!:D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived