question on next cruise certificates

Shooraq

While on the Oasis in early December, I bought a couple of Next Cruise certificates. I didn't have them assigned to any travel agency. So now if I want to use them, do I book a cruise and then transfer the booking to my TA within 60 days? Or to I need to transfer the certificate to a TA within 60 days of purcahsing these? I'm so confused... :eek:

I got one too! But I'm pretty sure we were told that you have 60 days after you turn the NCC into an actual booking to assign it to a TA. We booked Allure but decided not to assign it.

Hopefully someone will know for sure, that's what we were told, but we didn't try it!

What have you got your eye on now?;)

Yes, one has 60 days after making the NextCruise booking an actual booking on a particular ship to transfer it to a travel agent.

I did that myself recently. It just took a form that needed to be FAXed to Royal Caribbean to do the transfer. Otherwise, it was not a problem at all.

While on the Oasis in early December, I bought a couple of Next Cruise certificates. I didn't have them assigned to any travel agency. So now if I want to use them, do I book a cruise and then transfer the booking to my TA within 60 days? Or to I need to transfer the certificate to a TA within 60 days of purcahsing these? I'm so confused... :eek:

You "created" your NC bookings on Oasis in December so you can turn them over to a TA at any time or you can hold on to them. Once you "convert" that NC into a specific booking then you have 60 days to transfer to a TA.

You "created" your NC bookings on Oasis in December so you can turn them over to a TA at any time or you can hold on to them. Once you "convert" that NC into a specific booking then you have 60 days to transfer to a TA.

Patti, I knew you'd have the answer... your advice is so valuable! Why aren't we paying you commissions? :D

I got one too! But I'm pretty sure we were told that you have 60 days after you turn the NCC into an actual booking to assign it to a TA. We booked Allure but decided not to assign it.

Hopefully someone will know for sure, that's what we were told, but we didn't try it!

What have you got your eye on now?;)

Nothing yet... have to wait until the 2013 bookings come out to plan my trips for May and December of 2013. But just trying to be prepared so I don't screw anything up.

How long does it take to buy a nextcruise certificate, without picking a sailing or anything. 10-15 minutes?

Set up an appointment the first day. Than just pop in and they will explain it to you. During mine some people dropped of the finished form. I was booking an actual cruise or three so it took lots longer.

How long does it take to buy a nextcruise certificate, without picking a sailing or anything. 10-15 minutes?

Hi,

Pineview already gave you some time frame.

I will explain a little more.

You do not have to make an appointment if you just want to book / purchase Next Cruise - decide later.

There are "Next Cruise" forms available in the Business Office - just get one or two and fill them out whenever you want. Drop them in a box in their office and a day or two later you will get a confirmation delivered to your cabin. Very simple form - got a copy in front of me.

Make sure that you check ( V or X or whatever ) the little box on the buttom of the form in front of this statement: "Should you wish to Decide Later who will handle your next cruise booking, please check here" if you do not check that box your just made booking will go to : " Royal Caribbean will notify the Travel Professional who handled your current cruise reservation of this new booking."

If you want to see the Loyalty and Cruise sales person you may do so .... sometimes they are very busy and an appointment needs to be made.

You may also make an Open booking for Celebrity or Azamara - you will have to see the Loyalty and Sales people for that.

Keep in mind that "Decide Later deposit is non-refundable" but also never expires. Just put one name and the other name TBA - deposit will be $100.

How do these next cruise certificates work with RC,and how much are they? Do you purchase them thru a loyalty ambassador, on board? I know how they work with Carnival, but haven't gotten one yet with RC.

Hi,

you may / can book a specific cruise ( date and ship) on board if you already know what you want or you may book an open booking / decide later - cost $100 p/p.

Royal will give you OBC for a sailing on their brand ship ( it is different for Celebrity and Azamara) depending on the length of your booked cruise: per cabin

3-5 Nights - $25

6-9 Nights $100

10 - 14 - $150

15 + -$200

with the Next cruise decide later you may also book 2 additional cabins at the time of your actual specific booking and get the same OBC per cabin.

Ok, let me clarify here. With Carnival you purchase the certificate for $100, then when you use it, you get $100 off the new booked cruise, plus $100 OBC for a cruise of at least 7 days.

weislaw, you said $100 pp. Does that mean for a couple you have to pay $200?

Is the OBC all you get with the certificate?

Ok, let me clarify here. With Carnival you purchase the certificate for $100, then when you use it, you get $100 off the new booked cruise, plus $100 OBC for a cruise of at least 7 days.

weislaw, you said $100 pp. Does that mean for a couple you have to pay $200?

Is the OBC all you get with the certificate?

Yes, the $100 p/p that you will pay when buying the Next Cruise decide later certificate will be accepted as your deposit for whatever cruise you decide later. So whenever - this year or 5 years from now, when you book the actual cruise ( directly with Royal or your TA) that deposit or the price that you paid ( the $100 p/p) will become your deposit on the actual cruise and you do not need to make any more payment untill the final payment is due. Some people put two names on the certificate so $200 will need to be payed, I only put one name so only $100 is required.

The OBC is per cabin and that is all that you get. So it works about the same as your Carnival.

Hi,

Pineview already gave you some time frame.

I will explain a little more.

You do not have to make an appointment if you just want to book / purchase Next Cruise - decide later.

There are "Next Cruise" forms available in the Business Office - just get one or two and fill them out whenever you want. Drop them in a box in their office and a day or two later you will get a confirmation delivered to your cabin. Very simple form - got a copy in front of me.

Make sure that you check ( V or X or whatever ) the little box on the buttom of the form in front of this statement: "Should you wish to Decide Later who will handle your next cruise booking, please check here" if you do not check that box your just made booking will go to : " Royal Caribbean will notify the Travel Professional who handled your current cruise reservation of this new booking."

If you want to see the Loyalty and Cruise sales person you may do so .... sometimes they are very busy and an appointment needs to be made.

You may also make an Open booking for Celebrity or Azamara - you will have to see the Loyalty and Sales people for that.

Keep in mind that "Decide Later deposit is non-refundable" but also never expires. Just put one name and the other name TBA - deposit will be $100.

Actually, I don't think you even need to go to the business office if you are a C&A member already. IIRC, there is a mostly made out copy of the form in the docs with your sign and sail pass. You may not need to do much more than print and sign that form, add credit card information, and drop the form at either the front desk or the Loyalty and Cruise Sales office.

Yes, the $100 p/p that you will pay when buying the Next Cruise decide later certificate will be accepted as your deposit for whatever cruise you decide later. So whenever - this year or 5 years from now, when you book the actual cruise ( directly with Royal or your TA) that deposit or the price that you paid ( the $100 p/p) will become your deposit on the actual cruise and you do not need to make any more payment untill the final payment is due. Some people put two names on the certificate so $200 will need to be payed, I only put one name so only $100 is required.

The OBC is per cabin and that is all that you get. So it works about the same as your Carnival.

When explaining the deposit please remember to tell folks that when you convert that NC, if you decide to book a GS or above, then a full deposit, which is doubled,will be required at the time of conversion. There are those that don't like surprises.:D

$100pp for 3-5 nights

$250pp for 6-9 nights

$450pp for 10+ nights

These double if booked in GS or higher

Actually, I don't think you even need to go to the business office if you are a C&A member already. IIRC, there is a mostly made out copy of the form in the docs with your sign and sail pass. You may not need to do much more than print and sign that form, add credit card information, and drop the form at either the front desk or the Loyalty and Cruise Sales office.

You are correct. All one has to do is get the form, fill it out and return it to the LA. I suggest doing it early on in the cruise so that all confirmation paper work is delivered prior to debarkation.

You are correct. All one has to do is get the form, fill it out and return it to the LA. I suggest doing it early on in the cruise so that all confirmation paper work is delivered prior to debarkation.

We filled ours out on the last evening of our cruise and dropped it in the box. That was 2 weeks ago, and I haven't received any confirmation. Has anyone else filled it out last minute like we did? Do they mail you a certificate?

We filled ours out on the last evening of our cruise and dropped it in the box. That was 2 weeks ago, and I haven't received any confirmation. Has anyone else filled it out last minute like we did? Do they mail you a certificate?

First off, in the future, never fill out the form on the last night because you will not get your confirmation letter/email before you disembark the ship.........and this is rather important. Also, check your credit card statement and see if there was a separate charge from RCI at either $100 or $200 (depending on how many names you had on your form).

When we purchased ours on Radiance, we got Confirmation Invoices by email while on the ship from RCI indicating that we had created NextCruise bookings. We did get the Certs for Family & Friends while on board.

You may want to call C&A at 1-800-526-9723 and see if they have a record of your applying for one.

Ok - I am new to this - I am about to use my first nextcruise certificate. What is the advantage to turning it over to a travel agent? We have the exact aft balcony cabin that we want, so we are not worried about upgrading. Are there other perks that a TA can offer in addition to the obc that RCL gives us?

Travel agents can offer lots of different perks, depending on what deals they may be offering or what groups they have. You could get a bottle of wine, spa treatments, free dinner in a specialty restaurant, prepaid gratuities, and onboard credit. Some TAs offer more than others, and it can depend on things like whether they have a group to which they could add your booking. (Group bookings are compatible with NextCruise benefits. If a group offers onboard credit, you get that in addition to your NextCruise's OBC.)

If you're interested in getting these additional benefits, you should shop around as different TAs will have different offerings.

Ok - I am new to this - I am about to use my first nextcruise certificate. What is the advantage to turning it over to a travel agent? We have the exact aft balcony cabin that we want, so we are not worried about upgrading. Are there other perks that a TA can offer in addition to the obc that RCL gives us?

That can only be answered by the TA you select. :) They might offer additional OBC, pre-paid gratuities, dinner at a Specialty Restaurant or a spa session. If you find one that does offer these nice incentives to book with them, always ask the question........"do you honor price reductions up until final payment without eliminating any incentives you offered?"

If you keep your booking with RCI you have complete control over it from booking to boarding. They will talk to you about anything.

If you book with a TA, then they can only speak to RCI concerning your booking. So if they are changes, they must do it for you.

Ok - Humor me here. I make my reservation using mt NC certificate through the RCL C&A number - then basically fill out the forms and transfer it to a travel agent within 60 days of booking. If the TA is offering a lower price than RCL, do I get the lower price, or just the OBC or extra's they are offering? Thanks for educating a newbie!

The TA's lower price could be for new bookings only, and thus your already-booked-with-RCCL reservation wouldn't qualify for the lower price. If it's because of a group price, you might be able to get it, but it would be up to the TA to contact Royal Caribbean to get the price reduced. That would be a question you'd need to ask the TA.

Now, what you could do instead is to transfer the NC certificate booking (not yet reserved to a specific cruise) to the TA, and then have the TA apply that booking to the particular cruise in which you're interested, taking advantage of whatever pricing that the TA is advertising at that time. The only "catch" is that you might have to pay the remainder of the deposit amount if you end up part of a group booking. I've gone through that a couple times myself.

I am doing a last minute trip this May (well, 3 months out is last minute to me) on Majesty and I have Allure booked for July 2013.

I have 4 cabins booked.

Can I purchase the Next Cruise certificate while onboard the Majesty, come home, have my TA cancel and then rebook my ressie for July 2013 using the Cruise Certificates?

My TA gives us OBC so I can use their OBC with the Cruise Certificate OBC, is that correct?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Archived