Even More Suite Perks

GoochDSA

I just looked at the new list of suite amenities and noticed a couple more additions since the addition of the included specialty restaurant on embarkation day. Now there is also priority reservations for the Chef's Table, Ultimate Ship Tour and the Bungalows on Princess Cays, as well as Chef's "Welcome Goodies" on embarkation day.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Any idea on what these "Welcome Goodies" are?

Also, sorry if this had already been brought up. I looked but didn't see anything, but may have missed it.

Been talking about the first night dinner for a couple weeks but didn't see the other ones.

I like the idea of the welcome goodies. Hopefully they are different than the nightly canapes - get a little sick of them on longer cruises. Hopefully someone will report on them soon.

Priority reservations - I think they have done that in the past. We have always gotten reservations when in a suite. Several days into a cruise, the head waiter asked if we were going to the Chef's dinner and I said I had forgotten to make a reservation. He came back five minutes later and said "you are in". But I was upset later when I heard several people say that they signed up right away but did not get in.

I just looked at the new list of suite amenities and noticed a couple more additions since the addition of the included specialty restaurant on embarkation day. Now there is also priority reservations for the Chef's Table, Ultimate Ship Tour and the Bungalows on Princess Cays, as well as Chef's "Welcome Goodies" on embarkation day.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Any idea on what these "Welcome Goodies" are?

Probably the cookies they took away several years ago. :eek:

I hadn't noticed that either. I am not sure what the "Chef's goodies" are either. We usually have chocolate strawberries waiting with the glass of champagne. Maybe that is it? I think the canapes are a nice touch but perhaps need to be updated as they often seem a bit stale and sometimes don't taste that good.

I am a bag girl! I have MANY tote bags - not a collector, but I like to travel with different tote bags - not all at once. Sad that they took the Princess Canvas Tote bag off the suite amenities. Don't get me wrong - some things they have added and already have are very nice and appreciated - guess I will just have to make a trip to the Princess Gift Shop...:rolleyes:

I am a bag girl! I have MANY tote bags - not a collector, but I like to travel with different tote bags - not all at once. Sad that they took the Princess Canvas Tote bag off the suite amenities. Don't get me wrong - some things they have added and already have are very nice and appreciated - guess I will just have to make a trip to the Princess Gift Shop...:rolleyes:

OMG the internet is gone! That is very disappointing to me. As you said the bag is also gone as well as the leather "card holder" and slippers. Yikes this was very sneaky of Princess. Is anything else missing that you see?

Is it my imagination or is "complimentary internet access" missing from this pdf? If so, wonder why they didn't include it.

Not your imagination. I knew something was missing but couldn't put my finger on it. If they swapped out the internet in exchange for "goodies" that is quite the downgrade, IMO.

I sailed June 9-16 and got a canvas tote bag and free internet.

I assume these changes happened over the last day or 2 since I hadn't read anything about it before starting this thread. I'd like to think that they just ran out of room on the flyer to mention the tote and internet.

GoochDSA, let's hope you are right that they ran out of room. Dickinson, thanks for the report on a recent cruise. Also, one would think there would have already been a big to-do about it if they'd taken the perk away. I've sent an email to my TA for him to check it out as I figured if I call three times I'll get three different answers and he should have a more reliable contact. Will let you know if I hear anything.

The bags are so small. It really wouldn't cost them much to double the size of the bags.

Well, not good news. Just received this back from my TA:

I was advised today that Princess made the change without the Internet access because they had problems with the system capacity. The change took affect back in June and Princess will not protect any bookings even if they booked before change was made. Princess is giving the free dinner in specialty restaurant on the 1st night of the trip instead.

Needless to say I'm not a happy camper. I fired off an email to Princess Customer Relations tonight regarding how this change was handled, especially for those already booked in a suite for a future cruise when the complimentary internet was advertised. If anyone else finds out something different than what was told to my TA, let us all know. Thanks!

Wow! That is awful. We came this close to booking a suite for next year, based on the internet. Then we decided that a mini would be fine since we wouldn't have really wanted a lot of the amenities & we'd just order an internet package before we go to get the extra minutes. If we had booked it, you better believe I'd be changing it pretty quick. I feel bad for people who don't have the time to do anything, but live with the changes. I have to say that they DID add some nice things, but I don't know if it's worth losing the internet over.

I was advised today that Princess made the change without the Internet access because they had problems with the system capacity. The change took affect back in June and Princess will not protect any bookings even if they booked before change was made. Princess is giving the free dinner in specialty restaurant on the 1st night of the trip instead.

Needless to say I'm not a happy camper. I fired off an email to Princess Customer Relations tonight regarding how this change was handled, especially for those already booked in a suite for a future cruise when the complimentary internet was advertised. If anyone else finds out something different than what was told to my TA, let us all know. Thanks!

That's interesting-- my parents were in a suite on the June 16 Golden sailing and they had free internet and also the complimentary dinner at Crown Grill. I wonder when it was changed. They also had slippers (I noticed someone said no slippers anymore either).

That's interesting-- my parents were in a suite on the June 16 Golden sailing and they had free internet and also the complimentary dinner at Crown Grill. I wonder when it was changed. They also had slippers (I noticed someone said no slippers anymore either).
When the complementary cover charge at a Specialty restaurant was added, the first version of the PDF included both the cover charge and the free internet. About 10 days later, the free internet was deleted. I called my TA and he was told there was no longer free internet. I didn't post that response because I had not noticed any confirming posts anywhere on CC. I would think there would be multiple angry posts.

We have a great price on a WS seven day Alaskan cruise. With our free Platinum minutes and AT&T service in ports for our iPhones and iPads it will not be an issue for us but on other itineraries the loss of free unlimited internet would be an issue.

There have been posts of the free internet still being available in full suites. We will see what happens to us on September 1.

From what I can see, they still give you the Internet access for being Platinum or Elite. Granted, it's not unlimited, but sure better than nothing.

I really do find it difficult to believe that they can take away a suite perc without any warning whatsoever. A complimentary specialty restaurant meal in no way would make up for the loss of unlimited Internet, IMHO. I would think that would engender more ill-will than anything.

When the complementary cover charge at a Specialty restaurant was added, the first version of the PDF included both the cover charge and the free internet. About 10 days later, the free internet was deleted. I called my TA and he was told there was no longer free internet. I didn't post that response because I had not noticed any confirming posts anywhere on CC. I would think there would be multiple angry posts.

Thanks for confirming you heard the same thing. I said in my email to Princess that I understand that changes in benefits will happen, my complaint is more about how it was implemented, especially for those already booked based upon the benefit being available at the time of booking. I also wonder how many TAs are still selling suites on Princess telling their customers they will have complimentary internet access if, in fact, it no longer exists.

Has anyone found out the amount of time they are giving people in suites - common sense (if Princess has any) would make you say it has to be more than the Platinum allowance and should also be able to be combined with what ever is being offered to Platinums.

Two dinners in a specialty restaurant (not even on the night of your choice) = $50

100 minute package for Internet = $55 For two people (two packages) = $110

Great tradeoff.

From what I can see, they still give you the Internet access for being Platinum or Elite. Granted, it's not unlimited, but sure better than nothing.

I really do find it difficult to believe that they can take away a suite perc without any warning whatsoever. A complimentary specialty restaurant meal in no way would make up for the loss of unlimited Internet, IMHO. I would think that would engender more ill-will than anything.

I bet there was not (nor will there be) any "emergency notification" or even a note in the personalize important notices section informing those in suites of this change.

I can imagine the reaction when people check into their suites and discover the change.

It was nice not having to pack slippers, now no internet. Will be rethinking taking a suite -especially Grand Suite. Thanks to everyone for the heads up.

Haven't minded paying for specialty restaurants.

I don't really see the economics here. You can buy a lot

of internet time for the price difference between a mini-suite

and a suite.

I am really upset about the discontinuing of free internet for suites. One of the things that made my recent booking of a suite a bit more palatable was the fact that we would not have to pay for internet, as we are fairly heavy users of internet and not yet Platinum or Elite. This realy ticks me off.

Archived