Chichen Itza excursion in Progresso .

chris.b.74

It is very much worth it but the thing is how much time will you have at the site . We did it from a A.I. resort in Cancun ,we had the long ride but stayed long at the site . While the whole site is great ,the pyramid is the A-ticket I have heard that you are no longer allowed to climb it which is a shame that was fun for me (D.W. chickened out)I would say go for it it is one of the most extraordinary sights on this planet(at least in the wester n hemisphere)

My son and I took this Carnival excursion. The bus ride is long, but they do make a stop just before the ruins where they pick up boxed lunches. There were clean bathrooms and some shopping available at the stop. We had a great guide at Chichen Itza and after the guided tour we were free to roam the ruins, as long as we were back on the bus on time. There are lots of handicrafts for sale within the ruins. If you have not yet been to Chichen Itza you must go. If you have already been there I highly recommend the Uxmal tour.

How many have taken this excursion ? And is it worth the long bus ride and the money? I have wanted to do it both times I have been there and didn't . But I'm thinking of doing it this March when we go. What is your opinion?

I went to Chichen Itza and took the tour with Autoprogreso. I have used this tour company to go to the other ruin sites and I would recommend them to you. Definitely worth seeing.

We did the Carnival tour a couple of years ago. The ride was a couple of hours long but somewhat interesting. Our guide was good not great. The ruins are brilliant. It gives a whole new perspective to the genius of their civilization. On one hand we did not have enough time to see everything. On the other hand, it was so hot and humid that I was ready to leave. We have a picture of me that is so funny because I look so awful, totally drained. We all got back on the bus and everybody fell asleep.

We had been to this part of Mexico 3 times and had not been able to get to Chichen Itza. I was determined to not miss it again. It was well worth the time and money.

We went about 6 years ago from Progresso, as everyone said, the ride is a long one.We took the cruise ship excursion just to be on the safe side. By time we got there we only had about an hour or so to see the ruins. It certainly is an amazing site.

Chichen Itza is a "bucket list" destination, ranked as one of the top wonders of the World. I would do it, even with the limited amount of time and long bus ride. Better than staying by the pier and complaining that the stop in Progreso sucked! :o

Hi Chris I'm wondering where your port is? We were in Mexico last winter and did an excursion out of Playa del Carmen, which included a visit to Talum ( a smaller version of Chicken Itza) as well as snorkelling and lunch. More reasonable than the ship tours, but an incredible experience, the highlight of our two weeks there.

It was called Your Private Tour and was # 1 on Trip Advisor. Nooooo. I don't work for the company. :). The 2 people who took us were very professional and a lot of fun. We had a group of 8, they gear up for the size of your group even if it's just two.

It's worth a google if you're looking for something like that. One of the great features is that they visited the ruins a bit earlier than the tour busses, therefor missed the crowds and the heat. The other great feature is they were right on time for each part of the tour we wanted to do, so there would be no problem getting back to the ship on time. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them if I was on a cruise.

Hi Chris I'm wondering where your port is? We were in Mexico last winter and did an excursion out of Playa del Carmen, which included a visit to Talum ( a smaller version of Chicken Itza) as well as snorkelling and lunch. More reasonable than the ship tours, but an incredible experience, the highlight of our two weeks there.

It was called Your Private Tour and was # 1 on Trip Advisor. Nooooo. I don't work for the company. :). The 2 people who took us were very professional and a lot of fun. We had a group of 8, they gear up for the size of your group even if it's just two.

It's worth a google if you're looking for something like that. One of the great features is that they visited the ruins a bit earlier than the tour busses, therefor missed the crowds and the heat. The other great feature is they were right on time for each part of the tour we wanted to do, so there would be no problem getting back to the ship on time. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them if I was on a cruise.

The port is Progreso

• 2 weeks later...