Photos of Our Snowy Getaway Sail-Away from NYC

KJE Atlanta

Photos of Our Snowy Getaway Sail-Away from NYC...

We were on the 2/3-2/5 sailing of the Getaway from NYC to Nassau. Snowstorm him NYC on Monday morning. There were only about 400 to 450 passengers on board and we heard that just over 100 missed the sailing due to the snowstorm and shut down airports. I'll try to work on a more detailed review later (we had an awesome time and loved the ship), but wanted to go ahead and share these snowy photos...

a_zpsc6931191.jpg

b_zps0b9972b0.jpg

c1_zps26f7c6b7.jpg

c_zps77a20284.jpg

d_zpsb52813ca.jpg

e_zps9b7f108b.jpg

nice - like night and day. Can't wait to go on it in March...

what's that yellow stuff in the snow...lol

In case you were serious... looks like the yellow paint for the heli-pad

:) Edited by bbritton81

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

I noticed there is no stair case in the Haven pool area up to deck 17 like the Breakaway pictures show. How do you get up to the Haven sun deck on deck 17 from the Haven pool area?

Edited by maja651

Totally considering booking the Breakaway for March 9 too! We are in Ontario and would take the Amtrak to NYC...flights are too expensive at the last minute...but we are just SO sick of winter!

Was the ship warm at least?? I find it strange to think of sailing out in a snowstorm, but that's the risk we'd run in March Break, I guess! :)

Photos of Our Snowy Getaway Sail-Away from NYC...

We were on the 2/3-2/5 sailing of the Getaway from NYC to Nassau. Snowstorm him NYC on Monday morning. There were only about 400 to 450 passengers on board and we heard that just over 100 missed the sailing due to the snowstorm and shut down airports. I'll try to work on a more detailed review later (we had an awesome time and loved the ship), but wanted to go ahead and share these snowy photos...

a_zpsc6931191.jpg

b_zps0b9972b0.jpg

c1_zps26f7c6b7.jpg

c_zps77a20284.jpg

d_zpsb52813ca.jpg

e_zps9b7f108b.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to share these amazing photos! Something most of us will never see - loving the Snowy Scenes!

I am assuming that the Getaway Haven pool does not have a roof like the Breakaway??

Thank you for taking the time to share these amazing photos! Something most of us will never see - loving the Snowy Scenes!

I am assuming that the Getaway Haven pool does not have a roof like the Breakaway??

Correct. Sailing out of Miami year round there's not much need for cold weather cover. Well...except when sailing out of NY for your first trip :)

I have to ask, why just to Nassau? Why wasn't this a 3 day cruise into Miami via Nassau? Why did Pax have to get off in the Bahamas?

How did they get all the snow off for those wednesday pictures? Seems a lot to melt in a short time.

Believe it or not most of it was gone by Tuesday afternoon. Got warmer as we headed south. They also were shoveling. In the Haven, they shoveled/pushed the snow into the "rinse off showers" and basically hosed the snow down the drain.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

I noticed there is no stair case in the Haven pool area up to deck 17 like the Breakaway pictures show. How do you get up to the Haven sun deck on deck 17 from the Haven pool area?

There's a staircase accessible from the area behind the starboard side hot tub that lead you up there. You can access it from inside the courtyard/Haven area or the cabin hallway on the starboard side.

k_zps4c42bc1e.jpg

This was our cabin on the TA. Did they fix the pocket door between the bedroom and the livingroom?

Ahhh, so you're the one who broke it!?!?! Just kidding.... :D No, they haven't fixed it yet. Ruth said they were working on it. It was a small nuisance, but we figured out on the first day how push down on the top edge and get it to open and close that way.