Lanyard For SeaPass Card?

Ok, if you loose your sea pass card, how do you get it replaced, how long does that take, and what if you have the drink package on it?

Why would the card get lost? You could also loose it if just in your pocket. If the drink package is on it you can still use it. Being on a lanyard does not keep it from being able to be used.

I don't wear one to cary my room key in a hotel, so I don't wear one on a ship! I keep mine in a small purse, with lipstick, comb, tissues, etc..... Hubby's is in his pocket!

I've never, ever lost my house or car keys, so why would I lose my card? If you do somehow lose it, you go to the desk and get it replaced!

Edited by cb at sea

I will being using a Lanyard next cruise. My seapass kept going defunct and not reading when I was getting on and off the ship at ports. It somehow kept coming in contact with something that erased it (like my credit card and/or enhanced drivers license.) Had to get it replaced twice on a 7 day cruise and lived with the nuisance the rest of the time. I don't always have pockets in my clothing and I definitely do not carry a purse around with me on the cruise.

Well that's great that you have never ever lost them, actually that's awesome but once in awhile things happen....... But I'm sure it will never happen to you and only to me.

We've never lost one either - and don't use a lanyard, but I do see kids wearing them. If we did lose one, it would be immediately replaced at guest services - have seen others get them.

The subject of lanyards comes up frequently. Basically, if you're used to wearing a lanyard, perhaps because your work requires you to have your ID visible at all times, you find nothing wrong with a lanyard. If you've never had to wear one, you find all sorts of problems with them.

Personally, I've had to wear a lanyard at work for years. Just doesn't seem to be a problem. I've found most cabins have a place to hand them close to the door.

I have until April 26 2015 to figure out another option. Even if I have to sew a hidden pocket in whatever I will be wearing. I'm pretty clever so I will come up with something so it is tucked away and I don't need to carry a purse.

I have started using a lanyard when on a ship. I like it because when on the ship all I need is my Seapass card. I have that on the lanyard. Now when I go ashore my card goes in my wallet, that way I do not advertise I am a tourist.