Celebrity Web Site - "JR" Strikes Again

Jim_Iain

I am sure I am not the only person who has had "JR" placed after their name in their Captain's Club Profile which locks you out of being able to access your reservations.

Over the past month I have had this happen 4 times. I use to be able to correct on my side and access my reservation, but it would revert back to "JR" next time I logged in.

Each time, I have had to call Captain's Club and wait on line 20-30 minutes. The representative is very apologetic and explain it is a know IT problem and they are working on it. They fix the problem and it works for about a week.

This morning I logged on to book a shore excursion and received the message again. This time when I log on to remove the "JR" it errors out and gives me a new message - "The Captain's Club number does not match the name and date of birth in our records. Please try again".

I hope others are not having the same problem. I'm really frustrated.

We have tried several times to have this corrected with captains club and like you, it is corrected for about a week and then reverts right back to Jr after my husbands name. I've just given up at this time and hope there are no issues at check in.

I am sure I am not the only person who has had "JR" placed after their name in their Captain's Club Profile which locks you out of being able to access your reservations.

Over the past month I have had this happen 4 times. I use to be able to correct on my side and access my reservation, but it would revert back to "JR" next time I logged in.

Each time, I have had to call Captain's Club and wait on line 20-30 minutes. The representative is very apologetic and explain it is a know IT problem and they are working on it. They fix the problem and it works for about a week.

This morning I logged on to book a shore excursion and received the message again. This time when I log on to remove the "JR" it errors out and gives me a new message - "The Captain's Club number does not match the name and date of birth in our records. Please try again".

I hope others are not having the same problem. I'm really frustrated.

Simple Explanation: Their reservation system only has 2 fields for names while their CC system has 3 (same with RCI's C&A system). The best recommendation that I have seen is to leave your name without the Jr until the time comes to finalize your cruise docs and at that time call the CC desk and have them change all of the systems to match.

Steve

I have Jr after my last name and it will not go away. I just leave it as it is. My middle name is also misspelled (Lao). How you can misspell "Lou" is beyond me. So far it has not caused any issues on our cruises.

I have the same "JR" after my last name too, Mary Lou! :( No matter how many times I have changed it, it always reverts back to the JR. It only seems to affect the mailings I get and not my reservations, so who the heck knows where it came from or how to make it go away. Several years ago I even got Celebrity to remove it, but it still came back. Their website continues to boggle the mind. It is beyond ridiculous sometimes.:eek:

I just noticed after reading some of the other comments that my phone number has also reverted back to an old phone number again also. In my case with the "JR" I am unable to do do On-Line Check-in or book excursions or other add on's.

I also have this problem and have been in contact with Celebrity three times. Three times they have fixed it and it has reverted back to the JR. I used to be able to see my reservation going into it a different way. Now I can't even do that. I'm not sure I will even be able to finish my online check-in. If they have had IT guys working on this problem for this long and still haven't fixed it, then they need some new IT guys! :eek:

I have had the same problem with my husband being a JR. If the JR is in, I can't do what I need to do for the reservation, but hate to not have it in the system for on-line check in. They are very clear on the website that names must match exactly with the passport.

The last time I called and they took out the JR, I asked if there was any chance he would be turned away at check-in and was told that "names could be up to 2 letters off from the passport names, so don't worry." Luckily, we have never had a problem with check-in so far.

Now I'm worried about them letting people on with names that are up to 2 letters off from the passport name. ;)

Maybe we should all have our name's officially changed to "JR". Get new driver's licenses, birth certificates and Passport's.

It would probably be quicker than waiting on Celebrity's IT department to fix the problem. I agree it is time for them to dump their IT chief and get one who knows what they are doing.

Simple Explanation: Their reservation system only has 2 fields for names while their CC system has 3 (same with RCI's C&A system). The best recommendation that I have seen is to leave your name without the Jr until the time comes to finalize your cruise docs and at that time call the CC desk and have them change all of the systems to match.

Steve

Your explanation is also my understanding. Since the reservation system only has two fields Celebrity adds the Jr. at the end of the your last name causing the mismatch. It has been broken for several years. I get around the problem by using my wife's number when managing our on line booking which is the only place that I have ever had a problem. I make her the reservation holder. It is a minor problem when making a new reservation, but I have not had any problems with this approach. I have not had any problem checking in or earning my CC points using this method. Of course this work around will not work for solo cruisers.

I am surprised that Celebrity has not fixed this problem. I would think at a minimum Celebrity could just add the Jr. in the last name on the CC system and ignore the third field. I was hoping this was fixed and I was going to test it, but since reading this thread I know the problem still exists. I would guess they are not even trying to fix it since it only impacts a few of us.

Junior

Your explanation is also my understanding. Since the reservation system only has two fields Celebrity adds the Jr. at the end of the your last name causing the mismatch. It has been broken for several years. I get around the problem by using my wife's number when managing our on line booking which is the only place that I have ever had a problem. I make her the reservation holder. It is a minor problem when making a new reservation, but I have not had any problems with this approach. I have not had any problem checking in or earning my CC points using this method. Of course this work around will not work for solo cruisers.

I am surprised that Celebrity has not fixed this problem. I would think at a minimum Celebrity could just add the Jr. in the last name on the CC system and ignore the third field. I was hoping this was fixed and I was going to test it, but since reading this thread I know the problem still exists. I would guess they are not even trying to fix it since it only impacts a few of us.

Junior

Hasn't been a problem for years for me, just the last 4 months. Multiple calls have had zero effect. So, since we continue to be unable to access our reservations without jumping through hoops (which I refuse to do), we continue to ignore any Celebrity excursion and book independently. Current and growing cost in revenue to Celebrity: $1000+ on the 60 days of cruising we have booked.

I have gone so far as to contact Celebrity One Touch. No better luck their either. Each person I have talked to act like this is the first time they have heard of this problem.

Hi

How do you contact "Celebrity One Touch"? I e-mailed concerns@celebrity.com on Saturday but have not heard back from them since it is a weekend.

Jim

Hasn't been a problem for years for me, just the last 4 months. Multiple calls have had zero effect. So, since we continue to be unable to access our reservations without jumping through hoops (which I refuse to do), we continue to ignore any Celebrity excursion and book independently. Current and growing cost in revenue to Celebrity: $1000+ on the 60 days of cruising we have booked.

When I spoke with Captain's Club, they indicated it was a problem that started occurring in the past 4 month's with the implementation of their new computer system. It sounds like from other's that it has been a much longer problem.

They did indicated It had to be changed in two places - their Captain's Club database and then I had to log on and also change it. The past 4 times this has worked for about 2 weeks at a time.

I am also using your strategy and booking excursions elsewhere which has also cost them $1,000+ on my account.

Jim

Hi

How do you contact "Celebrity One Touch"? I e-mailed concerns@celebrity.com on Saturday but have not heard back from them since it is a weekend.

Jim

I also contacted concerns@celebrity.com. They were very nice, but even after they "fixed" the problem, the JR still came back! So I don't think it matters who you talk to...Celebrity does not know what to do! We also have booked shore excursions elsewhere. I did get one booked through Celebrity and now I can't even see if it's still there. Hopefully, it is!

I am female. No Jr snould be in my name nor have I ever entered jr in a login or reservation. It just magically appears.....and I cant get rid of it

That is strange indeed.

Am I correct in assuming that you have always used jr. on your reservation and previously did not have a problem? Maybe it is something new.

Since mine works when I change the main reservation to my wife's name, the non Jr., I cannot really imagine why this would not work for you.

I am really not concerned about the excursions like you, but I like to do the on line check in.

That is strange indeed.

Am I correct in assuming that you have always used jr. on your reservation and previously did not have a problem? Maybe it is something new.

QUOTE]

In my case I have never had "JR" until about 4 months ago and then it showed up out of no-where. When it first appeared the block that shows you Captain's Club Status Level and number of points weren't displaying. Then I went to do On-Line check in and I was locked out because my name did not match their records. When I tried to print my checkin documents it was adding JR to my name (which of course doesn't match my passport).

That is strange indeed.

QUOTE]

In my case I have never had "JR" until about 4 months ago and then it showed up out of no-where. When it first appeared the block that shows you Captain's Club Status Level and number of points weren't displaying. Then I went to do On-Line check in and I was locked out because my name did not match their records.

I had (continue to have) same experience.:( Seem to be associated with new "MyCelebrity" changeover.

Hi

Jim

Address is celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Good luck! I guess I shall remain a "Jr" in the eyes of the Celebrity website and mailings for the rest of my life. :rolleyes: They cannot even fix their own errors!

I also contacted concerns@celebrity.com. They were very nice, but even after they "fixed" the problem, the JR still came back! So I don't think it matters who you talk to...Celebrity does not know what to do! We also have booked shore excursions elsewhere. I did get one booked through Celebrity and now I can't even see if it's still there. Hopefully, it is!

Hi all,

We are currently looking into this issue. Additionally, if you sent an email to concerns@celebrity.com, it was received, but we don't normally respond directly to these emails.