Hits and Misses on Navigator. A PHOTO HEAVY review.

Hey "loyal to Royal" folks.

Dropping by to do a little review of my cruise on Navigator of the Seas. I usually cruise Carnival, but chose Royal for nicer suites and better perks as this cruise was a present to my mom (for her retirement). There were definitely some ups and downs, but overall, we had a great time. I noticed several improvements since my last RCI cruise on Independence in 2013. There will obviously be some comparisons to Carnival, but from a more neutral perspective :).

This was the 6 day cruise with Grand Cayman, Falmouth, and Labadee on the itinerary.

Here are some highlights:

-The anxiety of just getting there

-The BIG upgrade

-Why I won't cruise in January again

-Sea critters

-Yum!

-Laba-don't

-Now that's service!

-Ship tour

-"Thanks, Jonas... THANKS JONAS!"

It will take me a couple days to really get the ball rolling on this one as I've got a lot to catch up on here.

In the meantime, here are 3 photos to tide you over :cool:

-Sean

DSC_0984_zpso8ag8nlp.jpg

IMG_4304_zpsu17hqmr4.jpg

IMG_4327_zpstzphuhks.jpg

Edited by seannyice81

Will be on Nav in April. Anxious to hear what you think. And your pics are unreal!! What suite did you stay in. We will be in a GS. Our first time, usually we're in a JS. If you have pics of suite, would love to see them also. Thanks!,

...one more question Sean, we too will be in a GS and were wondering if there is a 'Suite Guest' entrance/line to look for at Terminal 29...since It looks smaller than the other terminals, it would be a bummer to get in the wrong line to miss the 'perk'...kinda lame question I know...but your answer is appreciated thanks!:)

More!!! :)

Great photos so far. I look forward to your review.

We will be boarding in 65 days (8 night itinerary). We've done the 6 night (and 8 night) before on the Independence, which used to do the same 8 night / 6 night itineraries as what the Navigator does now. If you can remember, I'll be interested in your comparison of the Navigator vs Indy as well.

Dan