Koningsdam, interior Spa stateroom photos

otto68

Hallo!

I'm Silvia from Italy, sorry for my terrible English but I studied it more than twenty years ago... I returned from my cruise few days ago and I would like share with you some photos of my interior stateroom ( n. 10050). I hope that they are useful to someone. if you have some question I will be happy to answer you!

DSC_1227.jpg.fd176555e6c6cd7edd891d7069b8f035.jpg

DSC_1229.jpg.4120852f05d29fca6947ddb1ae9f548e.jpg

DSC_1230.jpg.313a73ad2aa6193fc579bae302059c94.jpg

DSC_1232.jpg.b2b17daf0307fdb5ad1acc4bb942d662.jpg

DSC_1239.jpg.b5a422e82addbacd4066e3a8b711cd9d.jpg

DSC_1240.jpg.97a24a98999a3f2506ff97cbcfacd663.jpg

DSC_1241.jpg.15ccbba33aa0d5108ea4434619d77baa.jpg

DSC_1242.jpg.68f0e99751609e6d2c8bcd0a36ccd436.jpg

DSC_1244.jpg.2f3c10ddadeee52db31429c5e8a8c670.jpg

DSC_1245.jpg.6ef796794b80b38ce2f362fc07f8d94c.jpg

What was your favorite things of your cruise and maybe not so good things?

This for me was first Holland cruise. I sailed on Costa, Royal Caribbean,Celebrity, Oceania and Cunard.

I have to admit to being a little disappointed about some aspects. Some members of Lido Market staff, for example, weren't very attentive. It seemed that they didn't see where there was need for them, perhaps because they were still inexperienced. In the MDR more than an evening we found dirty tablecloths. However all staff was very nice.I didn't like lack of presentation of the captain and his staff. Beautiful and modern ship but there aren't quiet and comfortable spots to read a book, for instance. Good food and good choice. Nice and well curated staterooms. Excellent music on Lincoln Center Stage and BB King's. I think that the Koningsdam concept is near Celebrity one, if I have to consider this cruise, I prefer Celebrity.

This for me was first Holland cruise. I sailed on Costa, Royal Caribbean,Celebrity, Oceania and Cunard.

I have to admit to being a little disappointed about some aspects. Some members of Lido Market staff, for example, weren't very attentive. It seemed that they didn't see where there was need for them, perhaps because they were still inexperienced. In the MDR more than an evening we found dirty tablecloths. However all staff was very nice.I didn't like lack of presentation of the captain and his staff. Beautiful and modern ship but there aren't quiet and comfortable spots to read a book, for instance. Good food and good choice. Nice and well curated staterooms. Excellent music on Lincoln Center Stage and BB King's. I think that the Koningsdam concept is near Celebrity one, if I have to consider this cruise, I prefer Celebrity.

Most all folks have stated the same.....especially the lack of library! Others also stated no adequate promenade deck too but the crew hopefully makes up for the lack thereof.

Maybe bugs will be worked out by october for our transatlantic.

Thank you for sharing your excellent photos. The Inside seems much smaller than other HAL ships, not even a chair in the room is very disappointing but that is the way the newer ships are now. Hope you had an enjoyable cruise. m--

Thank you for sharing your excellent photos. The Inside seems much smaller than other HAL ships, not even a chair in the room is very disappointing but that is the way the newer ships are now. Hope you had an enjoyable cruise. m--

Thank you. Yes inside sateroom is small, moreover this is an inside Spa stateroom , that on Holland brochure is defined "large interior stateroom", but I don't think that there are cabins smaller than this one...

I recived a free upgrade from a standard stateroom to this one ,so for me was fine, but if I had paid nearly double for this spa stateroom , I would be very disappointed.

Thank you. Yes inside sateroom is small, moreover this is an inside Spa stateroom , that on Holland brochure is defined "large interior stateroom", but I don't think that there are cabins smaller than this one...

I recived a free upgrade from a standard stateroom to this one ,so for me was fine, but if I had paid nearly double for this spa stateroom , I would be very disappointed.

I think I was on the same sailing as you, if yours ended last Monday (May 9). I was also in an inside, albeit a regular one (very aft of ship, where the room layout is "parallel" to the length of the ship).

I was curious to see how a spa (or at least, non-sideways) inside would look different, but your cabin actually looked the same as mine (with a shinier bedspread :)). I thought maybe a "large" inside would have room for the chair we were both missing. I assume the upgrade was entirely in the bathroom, then?

I think I was on the same sailing as you, if yours ended last Monday (May 9). I was also in an inside, albeit a regular one (very aft of ship, where the room layout is "parallel" to the length of the ship).

I was curious to see how a spa (or at least, non-sideways) inside would look different, but your cabin actually looked the same as mine (with a shinier bedspread :)). I thought maybe a "large" inside would have room for the chair we were both missing. I assume the upgrade was entirely in the bathroom, then?

Yes, we was on the same cruise. My cabin was 10050.I think that our bathroom was the same as those of other staterooms. I suppose that the differences with the other standard cabins are: access to yoga mats, an iPod docking station, Loofah mitt, pedometer, bath salts, Vitamin Water (not complementary) and a special Spa Service Menu, but we hadn't neither bath salts nor special Spa menu. In my opinion these staterooms can be interesting only for position. They are on 9 and 10 decks , next to Spa , lido market buffet, swimming pool....but for what they offer they are too expensive!

Here bathroom photos

DSC_1233.jpg.0418a25216de57e9ffefe0a276df5e19.jpg

DSC_1234.jpg.82fc09db7f313a3862fe2a2c4dcd3dab.jpg

DSC_1236.jpg.3a0db1e0977e4e67fe5af486f33bee3c.jpg

DSC_1238.jpg.17a1409fc5977c48b2f5033a86a123ba.jpg

Here bathroom photos

That's it? Wow, that's tiny. Terrible storage. And HAL calls this "large"? :eek:

Was there at least a shelf (small though it may be) under the sink?

That's it? Wow, that's tiny. Terrible storage. And HAL calls this "large"? :eek:

Was there at least a shelf (small though it may be) under the sink?

Yes, there is a shelf as long as the sink, where is inserted a trash can. The shower is big and confortable.

Edited by otto68

Yes, there is a shelf as long as the sink, where is inserted a trash can. The shower is big and confortable.

Not a lot of shelf, either, then.

Thanks for answering.

Yes, we was on the same cruise. My cabin was 10050.I think that our bathroom was the same as those of other staterooms. I suppose that the differences with the other standard cabins are: access to yoga mats, an iPod docking station, Loofah mitt, pedometer, bath salts, Vitamin Water (not complementary) and a special Spa Service Menu, but we hadn't neither bath salts nor special Spa menu. In my opinion these staterooms can be interesting only for position. They are on 9 and 10 decks , next to Spa , lido market buffet, swimming pool....but for what they offer they are too expensive!

Even though our cabins had different orientations (I was in 5223), it looks like our layouts were identical because the door falls in the same place. My bathroom looked just like yours and yes, the size of the shower was the best thing about it. :)

The "spa" thing does sound gimmicky -- I wouldn't have used anything on that list. You're right that it's all about the "exclusive" location, although I did prefer being at the back of the ship (for access to the MDR and buffet) than the front. I just wish there hadn't been a service closet next to my room!

• 1 month later...

Here bathroom photos

This looks just like the bathroom we had in our balcony stateroom - large shower but very cramped otherwise with only the shelf/garbage area under the sink and 3 small, open shelves to the left of the sink.

Otto68,

We will be on the upcoming Transatlantic. Do you think Deck 10 in an Interior Spa Cabin will be comfortable for this cruise in October 2016?

Thanks so much.

Frankly speaking , during my cruise I have heard many annoying vibrations , especially in my cabin. Also my sister suffered seasickness a couple of times , although the sea was fairly calm,therefore I would choose a more central cabin on a lower deck.

These interior cabins are small enough , our cruise had many stops and we were not in the cabin for a long time but for a transatlantic maybe I would choose a more comfortable cabin.