Caribbean Princess....again

cruisincorgi

Hello. My wife, daughter and myself are booked on the Caribbean Princess in November to the Dutch Antilles. For so long have wanted to do this so-called ABC cruise, so really looking forward to it. We sailed the Caribbean Princess in 2008 to Canada and New England, and had a wonderful experience. My concern is with all of the negative Caribbean Princess reviews I have read recently on this site. I know there have been other posts on this exact topic, but I need some honest feedback on this ship. Any recent cruisers with positive experiences? Thank you

We were on the Caribbean Princess in January 2016 and had no issues/negative experiences. Had a great cruise and I can't recall any negatives in regards to the ship condition/crew/staff. We had a wonderful time! Crew/staff was wonderful! Also, when we cruise - we go with a positive attitude and don't let little things (e.g. worn carpet) hinder our enjoyment one bit!

I have yet to sail on the Caribbean Princess, but do have a cruise booked on this ship. I would never let negative reviews about a cruise line that I know is reputable stop me from booking. I take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. Most of the negatives come from folks who have unrealistic expectations.

I've never had a bad cruise, though there have been a few hiccups. I was cruising! I was fed and clean and not at work!

Enjoy your cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I know I will enjoy mine and am looking forward to it in the biggest way!

I have yet to sail on the Caribbean Princess, but do have a cruise booked on this ship. I would never let negative reviews about a cruise line that I know is reputable stop me from booking. I take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. Most of the negatives come from folks who have unrealistic expectations.

I've never had a bad cruise, though there have been a few hiccups. I was cruising! I was fed and clean and not at work!

Enjoy your cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I know I will enjoy mine and am looking forward to it in the biggest way!

We have been on the Caribbean Princess more than once and always had a great time. It has been awhile but attitude and expectations will always impact your experience. We have never had a bad cruise. Some stand out more than others, some crew stand out more than others. If you go expecting to have a great time but knowing it will not be perfect then chances are you will have a wonderful trip, meet some interesting people, eat some good food and see some fun places. Good luck!!

We are on the Caribbean Princess earlier this month and I thought the ship and crew were wonderful. As with anything as it gets older, there are a few scratches and dings but nothing that would adversely affect one's cruise.:)

Hello. My wife, daughter and myself are booked on the Caribbean Princess in November to the Dutch Antilles. For so long have wanted to do this so-called ABC cruise, so really looking forward to it. We sailed the Caribbean Princess in 2008 to Canada and New England, and had a wonderful experience. My concern is with all of the negative Caribbean Princess reviews I have read recently on this site. I know there have been other posts on this exact topic, but I need some honest feedback on this ship. Any recent cruisers with positive experiences? Thank you

The negative ship review question/thread comes up often.

I look at all reviews with a grain of salt.

There are always passengers on the same terrible cruise from hell that had the cruise/time of their lives. Go figure. :cool:

Never had a bad Princess cruise and we have cruised a bunch. ;)

Throughly enjoyed our 12 day British Isle cruise on the CB. The crew was fabulous! I cannot really comment on the cruise director and his staff as we never really saw any of them which I attribute it to being a port intensive cruise. The ship is not brand new so does not have all the bells and whistles that the newer ships have but that does not make it inadequate. The cabins do need some TLC but as I said we had a great cruise and I would sail her again without giving it a second thought.

We were on the Caribbean Princess in December 2015. No problems with the ship, the crew, or anything. I guess the most telling thing is that since that time we've booked 4 more Princess cruises, 2 of them on the Caribbean Princess.

On every ship and line we've cruised (about 35 cruises, 4 lines. 400 nights) I can find things that I feel are better and things that are worse than another ship or line. But the real question is whether we had a good cruise. Are there things that could be improved on the Caribbean Princess--yes. Is everything totally adequate? Also yes. Are some things very good to excellent--absolutely.

Take those reviews with a grain of salt.

We were on the CB for two weeks last March (B2B). On the first cruise they replaced the carpet in the HC late at night when it was closed. The point being they are constantly repairing and improving the ship. Also they replaced the doors on the central elevator on the Lido deck with sliding doors instead of the swinging ones. The ship was in excellent shape for our cruise. In a month or so we will be on the ship again as it returns from the UK to NYC and have no qualms about spending 17 days on her. I would not be worried if I were the OP.

We have sailed on this ship a couple of times but not recently. I was worried two winters ago when we booked on the Royal and we read all the negative reviews. Other than the smaller balcony, we thoroughly enjoyed our ten days on board! Book, go with an open mind and enjoy!

My husband and I were on the Caribbean Princess in Sept. 2014. While we had no complaints regarding the ship in general, we had brown water in our cabin every day until we ran the water for a bit to move it out of the lines. We asked our cabin steward about it right away and we were told that they clean out the lines with bleach and that this is common and to just run the water for awhile until it's clear. This happened every day. I also noticed a smell from the shower on the first few days, but either it disappeared or I got used to the smell. We have never had this before on prior cruises.

I posted this after the cruise and others on the ship did not experience the "brown water". It did concern me that we had to deal with it the entire cruise.

We did sail on the Caribbean Princess on a Canada/New England cruise in 2011 with no problems though. We were on the Crown Princess in April and our water dripped in the bathroom sink the entire cruise. We just seem to have a "water" issue on Princess! :)

Edited by fl.princess

We were on her for 21 days from Houston doing a Western Caribbean B2B and it was a great time and there wasn't anything "wrong" with her.

Food was consistently delish, crew was consistently friendly/awesome, and I have no complaints at all about her.

Wait, there's one.

The time went too fast!

If I could redo a month of my life, that month would be my second choice out of all my life so far.

You're going to have a fantastic time!

I am trying to get in the mood to write a long write up/review, cause I tried to take notes each day...but want to offer another opinion now... I chose the itinerary and the ship then had to be Caribbean Princess.

So- we returned to what feels like a second home.

The staff overall was great. Often saw maintainence being done. They were painting the outside of the ship on one of our returns to port. I saw new carpeting rolls in a hallway one day.

On the second sea day, the ladies bathroom outside the Princess theatre had a ceiling leak. The staff person stated it was from rain collecting improperly and it cannot get fixed till the ship goes back to dry dock due to what needs to be done...

There was nothing wrong with our room.....or plumbing....

The food was very good as usual. There were some times where dinner service was uneven.....once we were all done with eating dessert and noone had ever asked about coffee and tea....I did notice on the left side of the MDR menu, the always available beef medallions were replaced by a gourmet burger...one day it had seafood in it...blech...I do not sit in the MDR at dinner to have a burger...and I don't eat a wide ranges of main course items..(husband is the adventurous one). My steak/beef choices were very good each time- from prime rib to strip steak.

Someone just on the ship commented there was no pool towel in the room in a complaining way. It was so freaking coldon our cruise- hardly anyone used the hot tub and I saw one man swimming laps daily...so it would be a huge waste to give all passengers towels they most likely won't use. There were usually 3 bins full of towels by the pools- so getting towels were not a problem...it was not a Caribbean cruise...

We have also sailed on Golden, Ruby, and Royal......

If the show "Bravo" is a choice on your cruise- GO!!! It was the best show ever on a Princess cruise....oddly no trivia/shout-outs or prizes on the wake up show- reported to me no prizes and scheduled trivia...We shared dining for 10 of the 12 nights and it was often remarked people were overall happy with the ship and its condition...no complaints....so- relax and have a wonderful cruise...

Bernadette

We were also on the CB 7/7-7/19, and overall we really enjoyed our cruise. Food and service were usually very good. Our toilet worked fine for the entire cruise - I was a little worried about that after reading reports about toilet problems here. To be very clear, I'm glad we went.

However, I will say that we had a slow but constant leak in our bathroom that prevented us from storing anything on the shelves or the right side of the sink. We had to keep some rather gross sodden towels on the shelves at all times to prevent overflow. Sometimes drops came from right over the sink, which you'd have to dodge when brushing your teeth. We politely called it in three times, each time we were told someone would come to check it out, and no one ever showed up or contacted us. We finally stopped trying a few days into the cruise. We didn't let it ruin our trip, by any means, but it made me wonder how overloaded the CB maintenance people are (and if they just hadn't had time to deal with it, I would have preferred to be told THAT, instead of getting absolutely zero response). We also noticed some sewage smells in public areas at times. Honestly, we enjoyed our trip, but just to be on the safe side I'm inclined to try one of the newer ships next time.

Edited by snapdragon7

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess in November of 2014 and I am about to book for December 2016.

I have a couple of questions for those who have sailed her more recently. Do the cabins have the on demand television systems (like on the Royal)? Also, do they serve Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's for lunch?

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess in November of 2014 and I am about to book for December 2016.

I have a couple of questions for those who have sailed her more recently. Do the cabins have the on demand television systems (like on the Royal)? Also, do they serve Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's for lunch?

No on the TV system.

Only on the.....

Royal

Regal

Sapphire

Diamond

As far as I know the sea days Alfredo's in Sabatini's was on the Coral. I was not aware of it being on the CB. I am sure someone can chime in that know's otherwise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

No on the TV system.

Only on the.....

Royal

Regal

Sapphire

Diamond

As far as I know the sea days Alfredo's in Sabatini's was on the Coral. I was not aware of it being on the CB. I am sure someone can chime in that know's otherwise.

We were on CB on the last sailing, and they did offer Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's on both sea days.