Caribbean Princess - Departure Delay

NJ Fred

Ship being held in Port Everglades for an unspecified amount of time. It was announced that more than 100 passengers are still in transit to the vessel due to the Fort Lauderdale emergency.

Let me be clear - - THERE IS NO SECURITY ALERT IN THE PORT OR ON THE SHIP!

The camera on the Ft Lauderdale (cruise) web cam is focused on CB passengers on the Lido deck.

If you're interested, you can see it at the link below

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Our hearts and prayers go out to all affected by this tragedy.

Look a little closer. It is focused on the airport as seen over the Caribbean Princess. Has been for the better part of the afternoon.

Agree, prayers to all affected.

110441643_Airportaboveship.jpg.1cc0179ad6a561280e773f8139b81073.jpg

Edited by ar1950

We live across from the port and see the CP as well as all the other ships in port. Just heard that the port has been opened by the authorities so it looks like the ships will start leaving soon. CP has her lights on and I can see all passengers on deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hopefully, both affected lines will assist passengers who miss the ship in FLL to get to their next port of call. Certainly no fault of their own for being late.

That may be why they are still in port or it can be the cargo ship coming into port.

Edited by 2Fltravelers
Update

Look a little closer. It is focused on the airport as seen over the Caribbean Princess. Has been for the better part of the afternoon.

Agree, prayers to all affected.

Yes, I noticed the flashing red lights, etc., before posting the link. I've been watching the cam off and on this afternoon. I guess the "focus" is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case the camera operator.

FYI FLL airport has been closed since this afternoon due to a shooting -- 5 people where killed and more injured.

So many folks can't get to port or land at FLL

That's the reason for delayed departures

Freakin crazy world

Im on board, capt announced we have 12 missing or unaccounted for. Pushed back sailway to 630 then moved again until 9pm to try and get everyone on board.

Unfortunately, that may not be good enough. I work for an airline and my understanding is we had a plane land just before this happened and at this point, passengers are still on the plane with no estimate of when they will be allowed to disembark (also a departure that was off the gate but not in the air - still waiting and unfortunately, will eventually go back and cancel as the crew has gone illegal on their time).

This is also going to affect cruise departures through the weekend as we have cancelled the balance of the schedule for today with tomorrow being a big unknown at this point.

There she goes but traffic getting into the port is backed up a half mile. They transported passengers by bus into the port besides the car traffic for the last hour. We saw 13 busses leaving accompanied by 14 motorcycle cops.

Enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums