Voyager Secrets?

Bfson

This will be our first cruise on Seven Seas Voyage after many cruises on X and HAL. For both of those other lines there were wonderful threads on CC with tips that the cruise line never tells you (i.e. escargot available every night on X if you tell the dining room area captain on your first night)

So what are the things they don't tell you about being on the Voyage? Any tips?

OK, here is one. On both Voyager and Mariner there are men's and women's saunas and steam rooms in the restrooms at the back of the spa. They are available on demand and complimentary to all the passengers (not just Spa customers!). You have to walk past the spa desk and the treatment rooms to get there and of course you can only get in when the spa is open. If you don't find it or are uncomfortable blowing past the Spa reception girls, just ask them, they will point you in the right direction.

Here is another one. Eggs Benedict is always available in Compass Rose for breakfast. Also, if you want 2 eggs, you better specify that up front or else they'll only bring you one!

Last one is that in a standard suite, the cabin stewardess will bring you 2 standard bottles of alcohol or 1 premium bottle on request. Once upon a time there were forms in the room, but now you have to ask your cabin stewardess to get it. Not that you'll need it with all inclusive and beer and sparkling wine in your cabin when you arrive, but just so you know if you want it.

Debbie

Yes, they have port available. They have some super premium alcohol - some port, wine, champagne and scotch that there is a charge for, but, few people will order them because top shelf liquor is included. You do need to request it and it's not available in all bars.

Even if you want something that is not on the menu, if it's available on the ship, they will do their best to accomdate you. I always order Crab Benedict at least once or crab legs for dinner...and if you ask, the Indian food is beyond delicious. We just don't get it that good at home.

Yes, there is a Voyager "secret", and it is not a good one. If you book a suite aft of the laundry room locations on each deck, your suite COULD be subject to unacceptable vibration. This is not something that will affect all such suites on all cruises. It is more likely to be a problem in calm seas when the ship is going at its highest speeds (20 knots or over). And, of course, the further to the aft you book, the worse the problem MAY be. Of course, the Voyager does some sailings wherein she keeps her speed well below this, and guests, even with suites right on the stern, have no problems. But then, they don't tell us what the ship's speed will be when we book, do they?

So, in light of what we have experienced, we would say that the "Voyager secret" is to make sure you book a suite forward of the laundry room area on your deck.

Do take advantage of the special orders in Compass Rose. You tell the head waiter the night before what you want and your cabin # and you'll have it the following evening for dinner. We've done this for lobster, crab, Beef Wellington, Dover Sole Gran Mariner Souffle and many other dishes.

Looking forward to my first Voyager cruise since going all inclusive and was wondering what the "top shelf" included pours are. Are they listed on the bar menu?, are they possibly different at different locales on ship?, are there perhaps several "top shelf" Vodkas, for instance, and I specify a preference?

I've been pretty satisfied with the house Champagne in the past. Is this readily available at all bars/restaurants if one wants just a glass for an aperitif or maybe a Mimosa with a late breakfast on sea days?

Now Loodie (but used to be someone else)

Yes, champagne by the glass is always available at the various bars, rest, pool deck. However, when I was in the Voyager TA last Nov the Mimosas were undrinkable! The "orange juice" was horrid. I can't beleive it was natural, the color was almost a neon yellow.

My T/A sent me this list from Regent of the beverages they serve at no charge:

Champagne

Brand of House Champagne to be decided

Regent House Champagne (In Suite)

French 75

Kir Royale

Mimosa

Bellini

Aperitifs

Dubonnet

Pernod

Pimms No. 1

Campari

Vermouth

Martini Dry

Martini Bianco

Martini Rosso

Cinzano

Port Wines

Dow's White Port

Fonseca Ruby

Ramos Tawny

Sherry

Dry Sack

Tio Pepe

La I¤a

Harvey's Bristol Cream

Wine

White Wines by the Glass

Selection of HP Wines from Restaurant 3 diff. kinds

Red Wines by the Glass

Selection of HP Wines from Restaurant 3 diff. kinds

Beers

International Beers

Amstel Light

Pilsner

Grolsch

Corona

Heineken

Beck's

Guinness

Foster's

North American Beers

Samuel Adams

Budweiser

Bud Light

Coors

Coors Light

Miller Genuine Draft

Miller Lite

Sierra Nevada

Non-Alcoholic Beers

O'Doul's

Buckler

Spirits

Gin

Beefeater, London Dry

Gordon's, London Dry

Bombay Sapphire

Tanqueray, Special Dry

Vodka

Smirnoff

Skyy

Stolichnaya

Absolut

Absolut Citron

Absolut Kurant

Absolut Orange

Ketel One

Tequila

Margaritaville Gold

Margaritaville Silver

Jose Cuervo White

Jose Cuervo Gold

Digestifs

Fernet Branca

Jaegermeister

Underberg

Digestifs

Drambuie

Frangelico

Galliano

Kahlua

Limoncello Bottega

Midori

Maraschino

Peach Schnapps

Peppermint Schnapps

Triple Sec

Southern Comfort

Grand Marnier

Cointreau

Cherry Peter Heering

Sambuca

Tia Maria

Armagnac

Cl‚s des Ducs

Cognac

Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

Martell V.S.O.P.

Rum

Captain Morgan

Myer's

Mount Gay

Bacardi, Carta Blanca

Bacardi Carta d'Oro

Bacardi Limon

Aquavit

Loiten's Linie

Other Spirits

Grappa Bottega

Calvados Sandro

Schladerer Cherry

Schladerer Poire Williams

Liqueurs

Amaretto di Saronno

Apricot Brandy

Bailey's Irish Cream

Blue Cura‡ao

CrŠme de Banane

CrŠme de Cacao (White)

CrŠme de Cacao (Brown)

CrŠme de Cassis

CrŠme de Menthe (Green)

CrŠme de Menthe (White)

Chambord

D.O.M. Benedictine

B&B

Malibu

Scotch, Whisky and Whiskey

Blended Scotch

J. & B. Rare

Cutty Sark

Dewar's White Label

Johnny Walker Red Label

Famous Grouse

Ballantines

Glenfiddich

Irish Whiskey

John Jameson's

Bushmills

Canadian Whisky

Canadian Club

Seagram's V.O.

Crown Royal

Bourbon

Jim Beam

Jack Daniel's

Wild Turkey

Old Grand Dad

Pre-Dinner Cocktails

Americano

Gibson

Kir

Manhattan

Margarita

Negroni

Sours

Whiskey Sour

Rum Sour

Vodka Sour

Brandy Sour

Non-Alcoholic Drinks

Virgin Pi¤a Colada

Virgin Mary

Virgin Daiquiri

Exotic Fruit Punch

Coffee Drinks

Irish Coffee

Gaelic Coffee

French Coffee

Mexican Coffee

Jamaican Coffee

Caf‚ Nelson

Martini Classics

Vodka Martini

1951 Martini

Cosmopolitan

Angel Martini

Blondie

Alabama Martini

Laughing at the Waves

Chocolate Martini

Apple Martini

All The Marys

Bloody Mary (Vodka)

English Mary (Gin)

Mexican Mary (Tequila)

Norwegian Mary (Aquavit)

Any Time of Day

Gin Fizz

Bay Breeze

Cape Cod

Chi-Chi

Cuba Libre

Daiquiri

Greyhound

Long Island Iced Tea

Mai-Tai

Pi¤a Colada

Salty Dog

Screwdriver

Sea Breeze

Singapore Sling

Tequila Sunrise

A Walk in the Tropics

Zombie

After Dinner Cocktails

Brandy Alexander

Black Russian

Golden Cadillac

Golden Dream

Grasshopper

King Alfonso

Old Fashioned

Rusty Nail

Sidecar

Stinger

White Lady

White Russian

B 52

Poolside Favorites

A Walk In The Tropics

BBC

Blue Haiwaiian

Bushwhacker

Long Island Ice Tea

Mai Tai

Planters Punch

Zombie

Strawberry Daiquiri

Banana Daiquiri

Peach Daiquiri

Pi¤a Daiquiri

If you order a cocktail, be sure to name the premium brand you want them to mix it with, e.g. Beefeater martini etc. I drank Crown Royal manhattans on my last Voyager trip. If you order champagne they will serve you the house brand which is ok but only ok. The other on call champagne is Heidsick which is much better.

If you've booked a Horizon View cabin, the corner cabins on decks 8 and 10 have wrap around decks that are even larger than the standard Horizon View decks and there is no extra charge for them. Lots of Regent people and experienced travel agents don't know this. My stellar travel agent does. And now you do!

If you ask, they will deliver CR menus to your cabin.

If you ask, they will present you with a collection of CR menus at the end of your cruise.

Patrick

Although I didn't see it listed on the cocktail/alcohol listing, they also have Grey Goose and Chopin (my personal favorite). There is no charge for these -- you just have to request it!

For a while it seemed like the biggest secret about Regent was how incredible their ships, service and dining are..... it is apparently longer a secret since most Regent cruises are close to fully booked in 2008!

Here is another tip: if you like champagne, there are usually two different kinds offered: the higher end and the "not-higher end". When I last cruised Regent in July, the higher end champagne was the Heidsieck Monopole and I don't know what the name of the other one was, but to me it was just too sweet. So, if you like a drier champagne, you must ask for the Monopole or they will bring you the other one.

I think the Monopole is delicious and so would always be sure to insist on the Monopole. You can definitely tell the difference!

Enjoy! NJBelle

• 2 weeks later...

Archived