CCL Shareholder Benefit Approved & Extended :)

FIRELT5

Today the stock is trading between $18.21 & $18.25..

Decided to bite the bullet & purchased 100 shares today.. Will receive a $250 OBC on our Statendam Cruise in Nov...:) Even with the brokerage fee that's more than a 13% return..A better return than I'm making in my IRA now..;)

Hopefully, when we discontinue cruising will be able to sell it for more than I paid for it..;)

Betty

P.S. This will be my 17th cruise (DH's 16th) & we've never been in a Verandah cabin..We've also worked many years & have been fortunate to have saved enough for our cruises.. I'm not complaining, just very thankful that our health is still good & we can still cruise.. However, if we win the lottery, you can bet that we'll book a suite & ask that you forgive us if we brag a little about it..;) LOL

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

I think this is a great time to buy the stock. I thought I got it at a good price a few months back at $29:o. So far I've gotten $500 in onboard credits so it's erasing some of the "loss" on the price of the stock.

Excellent news! I was hoping that would not follow the lead of Royal Caribbean/Celebrity and eliminate the shareholder benefit.

Joe

That is news to me. We own stock in both cruise line companies (and regularly cruise with many cruise lines) and have not heard anything about RCI eliminating stockholder credits. However, they did tighten up their policy that used to allow the combining of almost any type of credit. The latest I heard was they would not allow the combining of SHC with future booking credits.

Hank

I was pleasantly surprised to learn two weeks ago from our TA that we were still going to receive shareholder credit on both our upcoming cruises. It does help soften the loss in stock value. It's nice in these times that Carnival is still offering the benefit.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Last Friday we bought stock, sent HAL the documentation yesterday, and lo and behold those lovely people have already posted our $100 credit for the next cruise in less than 4 days time. Now that is excellent service!!

Thank you OP for this wonderful info!! :D

First off, thanks to Firelt5 for posting this - I just noticed it today. I don't want to appear too ignorant, but here is my question - if you own 100 shares, and are booked on two cruises, would you get the appropriate credit for both cruises (one is 16 days and one is 10 days). Even with only one credit of $250, this sounds like an incredible deal! Thanks again to OP.

Marilyn

if you own 100 shares, and are booked on two cruises, would you get the appropriate credit for both cruises

You get the credit for each cruise. :) That is, unless your cruises are b-2-b which is sold as one cruise---in which case you get the credit for the one, longer cruise.

I have three cruises in '09, the last of which is a combination cruise. I'm getting three credits.

I look at it as tax-free dividends. :D

I purchased 100 shares and was just informed that I had received credit of $250 for the 16-day TA on the Noordam, and an additional $100 for the 10-day Med. part - what a great "tax-free dividend"!!! So thanks again - a very nice bonus - and it shows how willing to share the CC community is.

Marilyn

I just purchased 100 shares yesterday and will fax my brokerage statement to HAL tomorrow for the shareholder credit. My question: I already have onboard credits from my TA for my next cruise. Will I get to keep those in addition to the shareholder credit?

I just purchased 100 shares yesterday and will fax my brokerage statement to HAL tomorrow for the shareholder credit. My question: I already have onboard credits from my TA for my next cruise. Will I get to keep those in addition to the shareholder credit?

Yes.

Archived