better sideway inside on the regal

melsmom303

I would select C335 because it's a lower deck closer to midship which is more stable for my very motion sickness prone wife. Checking the deck plans neither are quads (upper bunks protrude from the wall :() & both are about equidistant from the forward elevators and stairways. In a couple of months we're in C419 & those who sailed in that area enjoyed their experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer

C335 - for the simple fact that there is a 'fire door barrier' on the aft end of your cabin, and not another cabin - so you'll have less chance of neighbors, at least on one end, that make a lot of noise.

;)

I worry about things like white space as is next to C335 and I have read some hear noise as carts go over the fire door threshold.

I worry about things like white space as is next to C335 and I have read some hear noise as carts go over the fire door threshold.

Speaking from experience, and having had C406 - an inside sideways cabin, same deck, but port side, and just opposite of that same exact fire door - that it was not a problem for me. Never, ever heard the steward's cart once.

Here is a view from C406, looking forward across that same threshold on the port side...

11561833284_3be062eff5_c.jpg

OP - I've stayed next to fire doors on several different ships and never heard anything rattling over the metal lip. I wouldn't even worry about the fire door. The white space appears to be a small closet. It appears too small to be a cart closet. It's probably a supply closet. I'd rather have a closet next door than potentially noisy neighbors. At least you know that closet most likely won't be in use late in the night. Noisy neighbors? Could be 24-7. However, I don't know what that white space is below C335. Probably large crew cart or work area. Unless it's part of a theater, Princes Live, or a lounge, I wouldn't worry about that.

I would select C335 because it's a lower deck closer to midship which is more stable for my very motion sickness prone wife. Checking the deck plans neither are quads (upper bunks protrude from the wall :() & both are about equidistant from the forward elevators and stairways. In a couple of months we're in C419 & those who sailed in that area enjoyed their experience.

Please let us know how you enjoy that cabin as we will be in C418 on the Royal after you. Looks to be directly across from you on the port side.

Please let us know how you enjoy that cabin as we will be in C418 on the Royal after you. Looks to be directly across from you on the port side.

We don't sail until mid-April but will bookmark this thread in case no one else reports back before then.

I was in C406 on Royal Princess for two weeks, it's two cabins up from C418. Your cabin should look identical to this...

C406

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

11210018684_49718c409d_c.jpg

11210020404_70a9c684a7_c.jpg

11210019654_7583014704_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thanks for info on white space. I never know how to evaluate what that might be. Had friends next to white space once and there was banging and loud noises at all hours even after they complained. Seems it was crew space.

Those 'white spaces' will most definite vary in regards to what it is. I've seen access panels, staff-only entryways, equipment rooms, storage areas, and electrical panel rooms.

:D

Dave, thanks again for the pictures. I will be trying a sideways inside on the Royal in July when my granddaughter and I cruise the British Isles. I love the layout of the closets--looks like lots of good storage. We're booked in L214--just off the pool deck, which is handy with a teenager. First time in an inside, so looking forward to trying the sideways version.

Susan

Dave, thanks again for the pictures. I will be trying a sideways inside on the Royal in July when my granddaughter and I cruise the British Isles. I love the layout of the closets--looks like lots of good storage. We're booked in L214--just off the pool deck, which is handy with a teenager. First time in an inside, so looking forward to trying the sideways version.

Susan

We had our first Lido deck cabin a few weeks back on the CB. It was very convenient....so convenient to wander over to the pizza/grill area for a late night "snack" :) I managed to gain 4 lbs on that cruise! :eek:

dmwnc1959, Thanks for posting these pictures. They are the best that I have seen of this cat cabin. We are in B406 which I assume will be the same. We board tomorrow for 20 days. Yea!

Could you come back and let us know how B406 is? I'll be staying in it in a few months and would love the feedback. Have a great cruise!

We had our first Lido deck cabin a few weeks back on the CB. It was very convenient....so convenient to wander over to the pizza/grill area for a late night "snack" :) I managed to gain 4 lbs on that cruise! :eek:

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of--love that pizza. It might be a little too convenient!:)

Susan

I rather enjoyed the larger room and layout compared to the standard inside cabin I had the year before on Ruby Princess. Some, however, have mentioned that there is some privacy issue since the corridor door opens directly into the bedroom area. I just never found it to be an issue. Looking forward to your insights once you've returned.

:D