ms Eurodam & ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau June 12, 2017

Scrapnana

Monday is the day for the "Signature Sisters" in Juneau. Both Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are scheduled to arrive at 1300 (although we all know we will see them before that) and leave at 2200. Eurodam will be at the AS dock and Nieuw Amsterdam at the CT dock.

Also in port will be Ruby Princess (1100-2215) at the FKL dock and Solstice (1330-2200) at the AJ dock.

Summer has arrived in Juneau - rain is in the forecast for the next 10 days.:eek: Monday has an 80% chance of rain with a high of only 54F/12C and low of 44F/7C. Sunrise is at 3:51 am and sunset at 10:02 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Thanks for the reminder, Kathi. We are going to take a visitor out to Butchart's today for tea, so will miss the ships! However, I will post a photo of the tea later, if I remember to take one before we dive in!:D

The girls are rounding Admiralty Island and approaching the Glass Peninsula. No rain on the webcam so far(yn)

This was on Denali's fb page yesterday:

It's #SledDogSaturday!

Meet S'more! S'more is a two year old male and part of the "Find Your Park" litter. He is an excellent winter dog showing lots of great leadership potential. S'more is a little shy sometimes, but he's quickly learning to flop over and ask visitors for belly rubs! S'more will be the father to this years litter which we are hoping will arrive in August. Come on down the Denali kennels and visit S'more and the rest of our great sled dogs!

I don't use fb myself, but Denali keeps their page up to date, so I visit often.

This was on Denali's fb page yesterday:

It's #SledDogSaturday!

Meet S'more! S'more is a two year old male and part of the "Find Your Park" litter. He is an excellent winter dog showing lots of great leadership potential. S'more is a little shy sometimes, but he's quickly learning to flop over and ask visitors for belly rubs! S'more will be the father to this years litter which we are hoping will arrive in August. Come on down the Denali kennels and visit S'more and the rest of our great sled dogs!

I don't use fb myself, but Denali keeps their page up to date, so I visit often.

I wonder why they are waiting so long for this year's litter. Last year weren't they born in June?

I wonder why they are waiting so long for this year's litter. Last year weren't they born in June?

Mid July, last year. Since they only have a few females they breed - they have to wait for their cycle and that is what determines when puppies are born,

This is on webcam page.

https://www.nps.gov/dena/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams-pups.htm