With gratitude

I'm sitting watching Mighty Cruise Ships on the Discovery Channel and feeling very grateful for all our cruise experiences. That's it, no nitpicking just grateful.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

Grateful every time I cruise.

Certainly not something I thought would be part of my life 25 years ago.

I agreed Redking and do enjoy seeing behind the scenes, have done the ultimate ship tour on the golden princess, and all the crew behind the scenes were excited to show us what they did, everybody on the tour enjoyed it.

I am just grateful we are able to go cruising and always talk to all the crew and never take them for granted.

22 day till next cruise

cheers Don

I'm sitting watching Mighty Cruise Ships on the Discovery Channel and feeling very grateful for all our cruise experiences. That's it, no nitpicking just grateful.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

They have some great episodes although they do tend to over dramatise some situations to make it more exciting for the viewers that haven't cruised. I am grateful too.:D

Remarkably I did, we did a cruise for our honeymoon around FIJI (29 years ago) and it was always something I wanted to do again.:D

I agreed Redking and do enjoy seeing behind the scenes, have done the ultimate ship tour on the golden princess, and all the crew behind the scenes were excited to show us what they did, everybody on the tour enjoyed it.

I am just grateful we are able to go cruising and always talk to all the crew and never take them for granted.

22 day till next cruise

cheers Don

Cheers Don, I too have a chat to any staff member, some are too busy to chat but will always smile and say hello. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Remarkably I did, we did a cruise for our honeymoon around FIJI (29 years ago) and it was always something I wanted to do again.:D

Everyone I knew who cruised was rich.

Plus I never thought it would be something I’d persuade Mrs Gut to do.

We first cruised only 5 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it much to my surprise. Quite a few friends had been cruising for years who kept saying do a cruise. One friend in particular who has been cruising for decades has been a great help with advice and suggestions.

Leigh

We first cruised only 5 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it much to my surprise. Quite a few friends had been cruising for years who kept saying do a cruise. One friend in particular who has been cruising for decades has been a great help with advice and suggestions.

Leigh

We were similar.

Had a couple who took us under their wing when I started my new profession and Mrs Gut was a bit over award by it all. They were frequent cruisers (mainly on cargo ships) and kept trying to talk us into giving it a go. I was pretty keen, but worried about the $$$. Mrs G was worried about sea sickness, eventually we gave it a go, by the time that eight nights was over we were hooked.

Then had to have a few years off when my health took a real nasty hit.

Now back at it, but again doctors are cautious how long I’ll be able to, so trying to squeeze in as much as we can, while we can.

Though been going a bit more than five years now.

I knew as soon as I stepped onboard. We only started cruising three years ago, and have racked up nine cruises so far, with another five booked over the next two years. Cruising is the perfect holiday for me, no chores to so other than a bit of laundry, good food, good wine, and interesting places to visit.

Hubbie was completely adamant he was never going on a cruise and only agreed to our first cruise because it was the most cost-effective way to city-hop around the Baltic. He didn't stop smiling from the moment we stepped on board and is now hooked. Slight problem is that we have just had our first suite experience and he says there's no going back!

Almost 26 years ago to the day I did my first cruise on P&O Fairstar.

Roomed with 3 blokes I hardly knew who became my best mates and still are today.

Did my open water scuba certificate in horrible places like Fila Reef Aquarium, Vila, Mystery Is, Champagne Bay and Amadee Is.

Extremely grateful for how cruising has changed my life and continues to do so.... 😁

(Although I think I could have owned a few houses outright by now if I had different priorities back then.)😯

My brother kept on telling me I should try cruising, but i kept thinking what if i don't like it.

I have just finished my 15th cruise (12 done solo)

I have seen places that I might never have seen otherwise and meet lovely people ( both passengers and crew).

Looks like my brother was right:D

Hubbie was completely adamant he was never going on a cruise and only agreed to our first cruise because it was the most cost-effective way to city-hop around the Baltic. He didn't stop smiling from the moment we stepped on board and is now hooked. Slight problem is that we have just had our first suite experience and he says there's no going back!
I don't necessarily see that as a problem, just book early or last minute.:D

My brother kept on telling me I should try cruising, but i kept thinking what if i don't like it.

I have just finished my 15th cruise (12 done solo)

I have seen places that I might never have seen otherwise and meet lovely people ( both passengers and crew).

Looks like my brother was right:D

LOL, don't tell him that.:D

I can only agree with OP and others. Late to discover cruising, despite recommendations of others, we never really thought we would be 'cruising people'. After our first 11 nighter in 2011, we were hooked and have now done 14 with 2 more booked.

We are grateful that we have something we both enjoy together and that we have the resources and good health to continue to cruise & have the wonderful experiences that that brings. We have met so many great people on our trips, and have seen things we never would have thought possible.

Have passport (and credit card :))... will travel is our newly adopted motto.

There is a long video on You tube about an hour long I think about the back stage workings of the Solstice

Have considered a suite but the cost difference and benefits mean one less cruise down stream which is more important. I'll stick with balcony / oceanview

Have considered a suite but the cost difference and benefits mean one less cruise down stream which is more important. I'll stick with balcony / oceanview

I agree, friends of ours only cruise insides as they reckon that they get an every third cruise free with the difference in fares (i.e two cruises on a balcony or three in an inside).

There is a long video on You tube about an hour long I think about the back stage workings of the Solstice

I pretty much agree.

I couldn’t do an inside, just visiting one I get cabin fever.

Can’t justify a mini or jnr Suite, though have one next cruise as there are no accessible balconies.

Might be persuaded to try one of the OVs with full length window. A french balcony may be attractive,

I pretty much agree.

I couldn’t do an inside, just visiting one I get cabin fever.

Can’t justify a mini or jnr Suite, though have one next cruise as there are no accessible balconies.

Might be persuaded to try one of the OVs with full length window. A french balcony may be attractive,

I don't mind the insides for 3 or 4 nights but anything longer, I would want a Balcony due to the 'happy wife, happy life' rule.

I knew as soon as I stepped onboard. We only started cruising three years ago, and have racked up nine cruises so far, with another five booked over the next two years. Cruising is the perfect holiday for me, no chores to so other than a bit of laundry, good food, good wine, and interesting places to visit.

I totally agree. Love not having to do chores & others looking after to me.. Plus now with over 100 days my Laundry is taken care of..

I enjoyed my first couple of days on board; then when we reached MARE & swimming at Yejele Beach & seeing nemo & his freind's; that's when i was totally hooked. 13 cruises down in just over 3 years only 1 booked this year. I LOVE this addiction..