Has anyone tendered to Belize recently?

jaowel

I have read a ton of threads, but nothing really from recent cruises. FTTF is sold out for our cruise on the Breeze, so I'm wondering how long it is taking people to get off the ship that didn't purchase a Carnival sponsored excursion? We had FTTF on previous cruises with a tendered port, so this is process new to us. If someone could let me know what the process is, that would be great!

We tendered there in October. We headed to the aft showroom perhaps 15-20 minutes before tendering was about to begin and was assigned Group #1. We were easily on the first tender. If you have a Carnival excursion, my recollection is that you get priority. Our excursion was set up with a 3rd party provider. But with a little advanced planning and some promptness, we were just fine as I described.

We cruise Thanksgiving week on the Breeze. Daughter and family had a third party excursion booked for 10AM. They went to the showroom a little before 9. I want down at 9:15 and was going to ask them to join me but there ticket number was being called next. I hope that helps.

we tendered over to Belize in Sept 2016 from CCL Freedom. We had a tour with private vendor. We went to the aft showroom/lounge for our tender tickets, but didn't get in a big hurry to get there. We were on the 3-4th tender boat over. Their tender boats are quite large & will accommodate a lot of passengers. I think it also depends on how many ships are there on your day in Belize. Tour operators will wait, they know the tendering process takes time,

We tendered there in October. We headed to the aft showroom perhaps 15-20 minutes before tendering was about to begin and was assigned Group #1. We were easily on the first tender. If you have a Carnival excursion, my recollection is that you get priority. Our excursion was set up with a 3rd party provider. But with a little advanced planning and some promptness, we were just fine as I described.

This is how it's done.

Get to the meeting place listed in the Fun Times early and you'll be on the first or second tender.

We were on The Dream about 3 weeks ago. We had a Carnival excursion so got priority boarding on the tenders, which does not help you. Coming back was a major, time consuming hassle that lasted hours. The line was all the way back to Honduras. Think they were having tender problems or too many ships in port at the same time or something. Anyway, if you see a long line, do not wait in it like we did. Go have a drink somewhere and come back. We were probably 2 hours late sailing out of Belize.

So if you have FTTF you get tender 1??

You get to walk up to Guest Services whenever your ready to go and they will walk you down to get on the next tender. No real wait time, which is why I'm bummed it's sold out for our cruise.

We purchased FTTF just for this reason. We are a group of 15 (including kids) and wanted to be able to tender all at the same time, and not have to wait too long. With two tender ports on our upcoming cruise, I think it will be worth it to us!

We had an average of 2 tenders at any given time w/ debarkation on the Valor last March. We had F2F for our booking so the cabin steward left a letter in our room advising us where to go & what time in the morning. We booked an outside of the boat excursion w/ Banana Bank (which I highly recommend) and it was wonderful.

When you get on the tender, you have to wait for the tender to fill (either coming or going) ... so your wait can be a few minutes to 20 or so.